“be warned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arrow Motel

Arrow Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banff
Arrow Motel
Save Saved
You added Arrow Motel to your Saves list
337 Banff Ave | Box 1070, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #33 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Brandon, Canada
“be warned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

-We reserved a room at the Arrow Motel 3 months in advance, it was booked from 4 pm on July 4th till 11 am July 6th 2010.

-Called to confirm room and requested room with a view, the booking agent confirmed reservation, and said that the hotel would be able to do that now, then I was transferred to Ptarmigan front desk. The person at the desk couldn’t be bothered and transferred me back to the booking agent. This repeated for over 1 hour until booking agent remembered me. Finally after being put on hold for several minutes, front desk took my request.

-Upon arrival, at 4:15pm room was not ready for 45 minutes.

- We were given room 603

-Room was not cleaned properly, (dirty) example- floor, windows, shower.

-Requested room with a view, view was limited to the neighbor’s roof.

-Room was incredibly small like a closet, unlike website photos. Which depict a table, writing desk & chair.

-It was very noisy all night, especially in the morning, you could hear people talking in other rooms. The vent in the shower was connected the next room’s shower. This transferred a tremendous amount of noise. We had to shut the bathroom door to try to help this annoying inconvenience, & try to sleep.

On the second day, we purposely did not leave the “please make up room” sign on the door handle, but cleaning staff came in and removed the towels, did not replace any towels, left clean glasses, half made the bed, and floor still filthy.

After viewing another guest’s room (who did not have a reservation), and speaking to a member of the cleaning staff, we were informed that we had one of the smallest rooms in the hotel ( again we booked 3 months in advance).

The cleaning person informed us that all rooms are the same price per night.

While searching for rooms in Banff on the internet, your site states $96 for a room, But when attempting reserve a room the price greatly increased.

We were delayed, cramped, crowded, annoyed, and disappointed.

The coupons in the best of Banff booklet we were given were all expired.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice clean room, good bed and you get to use the Spa at the Ptarmigan Inn next door.
Great location and service. One negative; No WiFi!
Lunches at the Ptarmigan are good value and they serve lunch until 5pm!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in this motel in September 2011 after the Melissa's road race. We had a 2 double bed room. When we get to the room it is huge and each double bed has its own room. The hotel is run by the nice Ptarmigan Hotel next door. You can use their pool and fitness room. They have Rocky Mountain Soap company soap and shampoo products.

The room was dated but clean. It is walking distance to everything and a steal in Banff for $120 per night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here Sept 8th for 1 night and it was the longest night ever! The room was really small, but to be expected for the $129 plus taxes etc. The wall paper is peeling off the paper thin walls and I swear it seems like there was a queen size mattress on a single bed frame the bed teetered back and forth where ever u sat on it! haha! We went out for the night and returned at 130 am to a faulty lock. We were locked out of our room!!!! After a few trips back and forth to the sister hotel's front desk to get new keys to try the gut at the front desk finally came up to give our door a try for himself. After trying a dozen other keys he finally decided to call the maintenance guy at 2 am (who was of course in the middle of a nice sleep I'm sure) He only took maybe 20 minutes to get there and finally managed to break in to our room with a crowbar! He spent a while longer trying to fix the problem and assured us that a discount would be taken off at checkout the next day. Sooooo....we finally got to close out door and get to be around 3:00 am, not in our plans at all! We went to check out and found that they took off a whopping $10 discount!!!! Not even 10%!!!! Were they kidding me?!!?!? After me stating that that amount was almost insulting and I may as well pay full price. The guy at the front desk said "well how long did you even have to wait for the maintenance guy?" Soooooooo not the point! And it was the 30 minutes of the back and forth with new keys prior to the maintenance guy and him fixing the door afterwards that took the most time!!!!! They finally offered to give a $30 discount....I was sooooo fed up, and just wanted to leave so I took it, left, and vowed to write a review about my terrible experience with the hotel so save others from a possible disaster! I'm not one to complain or write bad reviews but I couldn't let this one slide. (Rm #601)
Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Arrow Hotel for 1 night while visiting Banff and would actually give the hotel a 2 1/2 stars. This was my 2nd visit to Banff but this time I did not book ahead. Staff was very friendly and they did have me look at the room before I paid for the night so after quickly viewing the room, I decided to take it. The room is small but has everything you need. I found the bed very comfortable. The room was really clean with a couple exceptions. The toilet bowl had mildew build-up so it had been missed on the cleaning as well as underneath the sink area. Carpets in the hallway and bedroom had alot of spills and spots on them. The wall paper was peeling from the shower area. Unlike another review, my shower head was so high and not adjustable it made it difficult to shower in the stall. Part of the curtains came off the rod when I went to close them. TV reception was not great but worked. Walls thin so you can hear your neighbors. I did mention the the curtains and cleaning to the reception staff upon check-out and asked them to pass my comments on to management. I recognize Banff is a destination spot; therefore, pricey. I am mostly a budget traveler, so am not particularly picky when I find a good deal and this was about the best price I could find for a hotel so would consider staying again; however, for the price, got them to $89, I would expect a bit better accommodation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had stayed at Arrow Motel for 2 nights, and it's a very good place to stay. Banff is a small town, and the motel is very close to the beginning of the main street where restaurants are. They do not serve breakfast to the Motel guests, but one can find a coffee to eat. The rooms are big and beds are good. The roomcleaning worked well. Only problem was, since we were in the base rooms, there have been a continious sound from the upstairs where there was only stairs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Needed to find a place in Banff that fit my budget. Had an excellent stay. Comfortable beds and lots of space.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Arrow Motel? Share your experiences!