“Excellent stay for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arrow Motel

Arrow Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banff
Arrow Motel
Save Saved
You added Arrow Motel to your Saves list
337 Banff Ave | Box 1070, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #33 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Calgary
“Excellent stay for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in this motel in September 2011 after the Melissa's road race. We had a 2 double bed room. When we get to the room it is huge and each double bed has its own room. The hotel is run by the nice Ptarmigan Hotel next door. You can use their pool and fitness room. They have Rocky Mountain Soap company soap and shampoo products.

The room was dated but clean. It is walking distance to everything and a steal in Banff for $120 per night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here Sept 8th for 1 night and it was the longest night ever! The room was really small, but to be expected for the $129 plus taxes etc. The wall paper is peeling off the paper thin walls and I swear it seems like there was a queen size mattress on a single bed frame the bed teetered back and forth where ever u sat on it! haha! We went out for the night and returned at 130 am to a faulty lock. We were locked out of our room!!!! After a few trips back and forth to the sister hotel's front desk to get new keys to try the gut at the front desk finally came up to give our door a try for himself. After trying a dozen other keys he finally decided to call the maintenance guy at 2 am (who was of course in the middle of a nice sleep I'm sure) He only took maybe 20 minutes to get there and finally managed to break in to our room with a crowbar! He spent a while longer trying to fix the problem and assured us that a discount would be taken off at checkout the next day. Sooooo....we finally got to close out door and get to be around 3:00 am, not in our plans at all! We went to check out and found that they took off a whopping $10 discount!!!! Not even 10%!!!! Were they kidding me?!!?!? After me stating that that amount was almost insulting and I may as well pay full price. The guy at the front desk said "well how long did you even have to wait for the maintenance guy?" Soooooooo not the point! And it was the 30 minutes of the back and forth with new keys prior to the maintenance guy and him fixing the door afterwards that took the most time!!!!! They finally offered to give a $30 discount....I was sooooo fed up, and just wanted to leave so I took it, left, and vowed to write a review about my terrible experience with the hotel so save others from a possible disaster! I'm not one to complain or write bad reviews but I couldn't let this one slide. (Rm #601)
Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Arrow Hotel for 1 night while visiting Banff and would actually give the hotel a 2 1/2 stars. This was my 2nd visit to Banff but this time I did not book ahead. Staff was very friendly and they did have me look at the room before I paid for the night so after quickly viewing the room, I decided to take it. The room is small but has everything you need. I found the bed very comfortable. The room was really clean with a couple exceptions. The toilet bowl had mildew build-up so it had been missed on the cleaning as well as underneath the sink area. Carpets in the hallway and bedroom had alot of spills and spots on them. The wall paper was peeling from the shower area. Unlike another review, my shower head was so high and not adjustable it made it difficult to shower in the stall. Part of the curtains came off the rod when I went to close them. TV reception was not great but worked. Walls thin so you can hear your neighbors. I did mention the the curtains and cleaning to the reception staff upon check-out and asked them to pass my comments on to management. I recognize Banff is a destination spot; therefore, pricey. I am mostly a budget traveler, so am not particularly picky when I find a good deal and this was about the best price I could find for a hotel so would consider staying again; however, for the price, got them to $89, I would expect a bit better accommodation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had stayed at Arrow Motel for 2 nights, and it's a very good place to stay. Banff is a small town, and the motel is very close to the beginning of the main street where restaurants are. They do not serve breakfast to the Motel guests, but one can find a coffee to eat. The rooms are big and beds are good. The roomcleaning worked well. Only problem was, since we were in the base rooms, there have been a continious sound from the upstairs where there was only stairs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Needed to find a place in Banff that fit my budget. Had an excellent stay. Comfortable beds and lots of space.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Zaandijk, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

We arrived late in the afternoon and this was one of te last places with vacancy. The room we had was small. A queen bed, some sort of desk with the tv and a bathroom. For our stay that was all we needed but the bed we had in our room was well over it's exporation date.
If the bed had been any better I would have given it a higher score.
Room was clean and the staff very helpful.

If you need a bed and a bathroom this is a cheap place to stay. Let's hope your bed is better then ours was ;) (room 501)

• Stayed September 2011
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel was a great find late one evening we when arrived in Banff a day too early. It doesn't look much from the outside or even in the corridors, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and its located right in the centre of Banff. For $79 we were chuffed to bits. We had to check in via the reception next door and the guy on reception (australian chap) was really helpful and friendly. Well worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Arrow Motel? Share your experiences!