My husband and I stayed here for several days of our honeymoon and it was beautiful! We stayed in one of the premier rooms, which was lovely with wood beams, a stone fireplace, a balcony with a mountain view and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was gigantic and pretty updated. Never heard a peep through the walls from the neighbouring rooms and everything was very peaceful. The service was also excellent! When I booked the room months ago I made a note that we were coming on our honeymoon...within minutes of arriving in our room someone came with a plate of delicious cheeses and fruit. We also had one of the best breakfasts we have ever eaten in the restaurant, also with great service.
The location is great if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown - its just a three minute drive into town and we never failed to find a parking spot in one of the public parking lots. We found it nice to have a little more of that "remote", natural feeling. Overall, our stay was fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge