So let's start with the positive. I had terrific meals, the service was wonderful and the location can't be beat. Had a second floor room with a very quiet view of the trees. You can def hear the doors and footsteps in each room so I can't imagine how loud it would be in the main floor rooms. The food really was very good. Room service was delivered promptly and considering it comes through the outdoors it was always delivered hot, which is wonderful. The restaurants at the hotel have a cozy feel and again good service with very good food. Everyone is very friendly. The concept of the hotel is amazing and the back in the day I am sure the rooms were amazing. The decks are fantastic and the location of the fire wood is extremely convenient for everyone.
Now the negative...the rooms. They seriously need some updating and a REALLY good clean. It is not acceptable to offer a fuzzy blanket in the room with someone else's hair on it. There are fireplaces in the rooms which is wonderful but there comes a point when the burn marks in the carpet get a little much. The bathrooms are very spacious but need a scrub brush taken to them. The hot tub was again a great concept but needed to be cleaned. The workout area and the stream room were absolutely disgusting. The majority of the equipment doesn't work and the steam room had a funky smell to it. Now I realize most would not use workout equipment in the mountains but when you advertise it it should work. The bathrooms in this dungeonous area also need an overhaul or at least a power wash with a brush.
Would I go back?? Maybe if I didn't have to pay 300 a night. I rated this hotel average simply on the merits of the employees and the potential. I do not believe it is worth 300 a night...maybe half that.
Again, I can not say enough about the staff they are truly this hotels greatest asset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge