I will start by saying that the restaurant (had a breakfast, brunch and a birthday dinner here) is great and serves very good food. Definitely try it out even if you're not staying at the hotel. Or actually, just eat at the restaurant and forget the hotel. The rooms are old, outdated and not cozy (even if there is a fireplace in your living room). The hot tub/workout area is not inviting and looked unkempt. A large group of people was drinking beer and smoking right in the hot tub when we came to check the area out, so this together with the general state of the facility made us not want to return.
We just stayed in another CRMR property, Emerald Lake Lodge, and that was a much better experience. Although that property would also benefit from some upgrades, it was a much nicer experience than Buffalo Mountain Lodge, at pretty much the same price. In part this may be due to a more remote and romantic location of Emerald Lake Lodge, but overall I felt that it was a better deal for the money. I'd return to stay at the Emerald Lake Lodge, but not here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge