Love this hotel in any season. The rustic log beams, wood burning fireplaces and local cuisine make this the best place to stay in Banff in my opinion. Love being up on Tunnel Mountain away from the hustle and bustle of the Banff main street. Staff at the desk are always so friendly and willing to take some time to give hiking suggestions or tips for the days plans.
If you go you must have the Rocky Mountain Game Platter. I learned they raise their own game meat at a ranch outside Calgary. Love the mustard melons that accompany the different meats. Great quick breakfast buffet if you want to get out to do something early but a la carte menu avail too. And if you love pizzas you must go to Cilantro's. They have a wood burning oven and you can watch your meal being prepared in their open kitchen. Its a cozy place and I've sat on the patio in summer or inside watching snowflakes fall. Cilantro's is more casual than the main dining room but you feel welcome in both in any attire which is nice when in the mountains.
I've stayed in different room types- this time I opted for the Premier rooms with the claw foot tubs and wood beams on the ceiling. Amazing! Upper floors are vaulted which is fun but first floor still has wooden ceiling so you won't miss out. Nice to sit on the balcony and often wildlife just wanders by. This is def. the room to pic for couples but there's a two bed option available as well. I've stayed in their suites that have the separate living room area. Nice to have a fridge and be able to pack up a lunch for a hike or when with kids can toss all their snacks in there. Also great to be able to put them to bed and still have space to sit up.
I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the Rockies. I'll be back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Priceline so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge