We stayed 2 nights here, the location was great! It is away from the crowds downtown, although I agree with other reviews that the traffic noise from the street can be heard fairly regularily, it didn't keep me awake. Dining room was lovely and had decent higher end fare, tho service was a little slow, staff are just gearing up for the high season so I expected as much. The room was decent, beds comfortable with decent linens towels etc, wood burning fireplace was nice and kitchenette. Mini fridge was propped up by a piece of firewood and wasn't level and the door did not close properly. Needed repair or replacement. Poor water pressure in the bathroom- shower and toilet. Parking was a bit of a challenge with narrow driveways. Furnishings were a tad dated and showing thier wear, windows are older, some don't open and some leak. What bothered me the most was that the room was dirty. Dust on the mini blinds, dust on the furnishings, dirt and fingerprints on the walls, dirt on the walls in the kitchenete and the bathroom, the whole place needed a thorough cleaning so I started to wonder how clean the dishes in the kitchenette were and just how clean the bedding was...was more like camping in a rustic cabin in the woods the staying at a higher end hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge