We spend 3 nights at the lodge, and had a very comfortable stay. We love our privacy, and loved that we could come back each night to an easy going-relaxed styled resort. In saying that, when we needed anything the staff at Buffalo Mountain Lodge were very professional and paid particular attention to the small things. We never waited very long for any of our request to be met, and our bellman in particular was very fast in assisting us (within seconds of our call to front desk, our bellman was at our room door). I did not see one staff member without a smile, and greeting you and helping you was done with pleasure. You wouldn't think it was their job, they all seem to love what they do. Our room (a queen) was beautiful and exactly what the pictures depict it to be. We had a beautiful fireplace - that was cleaned and re-stacked everyday - a great bed that wasn't too hard or too soft and a cosy comforter. Our room also featured a balcony (which we unfortunately did not spend too much time on due to the cold weather), and a comfortable bathroom. Our room was cleaned and reset everyday, something that we appreciated so much as the last thing you want to do is rearrange your room after spending all day skiing. I didn't ski on our last morning at the lodge (my legs were jelly, so my partner went by himself), instead I spend time packing and enjoying the warmth of our fireplace. I was so well looked after with our bellman running up a hair straightener up to me as I didn't have a converter plug for mine. Also he carried all of our luggage to the front reception area and stored them while I waited for my partner to return. I made myself comfortable in the lounge/bar area and sat in front of the fireplace. I was served on my the lovely waiters who gave me freshly squeezed orange juice and a lunch menu to choose from. The lodge also features their own restaurant, and although we didn't eat there during our stay, the menu looked delicious!! We were very happy with our stay and would love to come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge