I generally don't write bad reviews, but I felt people should know about this resort. My boyfriend and I typically stay at Hidden Ridge Resort when we are in Banff, but I got the impression from reviews, friends, etc that the Buffalo Mountain Resort is a higher class hotel, so, when my mother was visiting, we decided to treat her to a wonderful weekend at a swanky resort. Like some of the reviews said before me, the website pictures are terribly misleading - I was so disappointed when I opened the door to our room. There were three of us so I booked a buffalo room with a bedroom separate from the living space. These rooms, or at least the one I was assigned to, are in the old, original buildings from the eighties. I'm sure the rooms in the newer portions of the resort are nicer. Our room was dated, had old carpet, worn down furniture, etc. The actual living space is SO small compared to what you get at the Hidden Ridge so I was super disappointed about that. The bathroom is bigger, so that was a plus, but, not as clean or upgraded. The wood burning fireplace is great, as is the birch wood! There's no TV in the living area which I thought was odd and inconvenient as well - not like all of us were going to hang out in the bedroom to watch tv??? The bedroom was a good size and the beds looked great - I can't comment as I slept on the pull out couch, which was way more comfortable than I was expecting, so that worked out great. Also disappointing was the lack of any sort of view and the hot tub wasn't that great either - it's metal! It was not hot the first night, but seemed to have been corrected the second night. I think the worse thing of all for me was the noise. SO much traffic up and down that road that it kept us up at night. We could also look out your window and see our neighbors, and hear them with the windows open. Certainly not the quiet mountain retreat we had hoped for, that's for sure. On a positive note, I have previously eaten in the restaurant there and it is phenomenal. Also the staff were very, very friendly and accommodating. However, if you want a quiet mountain retreat with stunning views, privacy, and an amazing hot tub also with views, this is not the resort for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge