We picked out the Buffalo Mountain Lodge from pictures and reviews while still at home here in Europe. It is indeed a lovely place, well competitively priced for what is offered, has a fantastic location, and a good restaurant.
The Inn consists of some 15 or so buildings up above Banff. The views from the Inn are great, and if you request a room back off of the Tunnel Mountain Road, you will have almost no traffic noise at all, not that this is a busy street, but it is an access road for the area. We had room 817, and had a balcony that faced into the woods, with a side view down into part of Banff. The balcony furniture had not seen the maid for some weeks, but we had no time to sit there anyway.
Our room was very nice, and as you can see from the other reviews and hotel pictures, it too was outfitted with a fireplace. The Inn conveniently has extra firewood stacked up at strategic locations out front, and even up on the balcony next to our room. Interesting for me, as I also have a fireplace at home, is that each piece of wood in the fireplace had been wrapped up in newspaper to aid in starting the fire, a novel idea for me as a European, and since it worked so well, I do that at home now too. There were also a lot of small things in the room that one does not normally find, like a wine bottle corkscrew, that really came in handy and averted our purchasing another one when we picked up wine locally. The bed was good and firm, well pillowed, great comforter, so it was nice to sleep at night with an open door for that fresh cold mountain air.
My one disappointment with the room however was that some of the floor tiles around the WC in the bathroom were loose, and it appeared that they had already been loose due to water damage and amateurishly re-laid and glued once, and were loose again (photo's submitted).
Don't miss the dining room. Eat dinner there! It has a real "Lodge" atmosphere, great high ceiling, open, woody, and the food is terrific. The Chef is very imaginative, and I also have attached some photos of his edible artwork.
Will we come back? Yes, of course. I love the place......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge