Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a few minutes drive up Tunnel Mountain, far enough away from Banff Ave to provide more of a "cabin" feel. We had a rental car, which I think is a must for this location.
Recommendation: pay the $30/night for upgraded premium room, but only if you can get a room on the upper floor. Upper floor rooms have high, vaulted, wooden ceilings. We stayed in the 1200 range of rooms, I think the 1100s would be ideal, with best view. Also, the bathrooms in the premium rooms are spacious with heated floors & nice finishes.
The fire place, wood burning, is really nice. They provide you with a starter kit each day. Our room had a flat screen TV with DVD player. Also had nice sized deck. Wifi worked well.
We didn't eat here, too many other better options in town. I highly recommend "The Bear Street Tavern" for pizza, "The Bison" for a nice dinner, and the Fairmont breakfast buffet at least once (pricey).
The shoveling crew was cranky, front desk service was helpful. Overall, really enjoyable and comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge