“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tan - Y - Bryn B&B

Tan - Y - Bryn B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
Tan - Y - Bryn B&B
You added Tan - Y - Bryn B&B to your Saves list
118 Otter St, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B3, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Banff B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The B&B is located quite close to the main town area - about 5 mins walk. The room is fairly small but sufficient for the budget conscious traveller - smallish queen bed, no TV or microwave, just a fridge. Breakfast is satisfactory and the hostess is very warm. The shared toilets are not such a big issue as there are two of them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011 via mobile

Tan y bryn is an awesome value option in expensive Banff. We stayed for three nights and our total bill was less than the nightly rate for most hotels. It is well located off the main street, close enough to walk, but far enough away to be nice and quiet. Mrs Cowan, the proprietor has been running the b and b for decades. As a result, the service is good, although the decor in the rooms could really do with an update. The biggest turn off for most would be the shared bathroom, but for the price you can't complain. In addition all rooms were very clean, there was easy car parking and the breakfast was good

• Stayed August 2011
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed for three nights at the end of July 2011. This was a terrific value. We paid 83.39 CAD a night for room 6 with two full beds. We shared two bathrooms with another room on the same floor. It was only the two of us but the the only other room available had two twin beds. The wood paneling was dated and the bed was honestly not as comfortable as a nice hotel bed, but the savings were definitely worth it. Each morning Mrs. Cowan served us our choice juice along with tea or coffee as well as a croissant and buttered toast with preserves. My wife was a big fan of the toast. It is necessary to make a reservation via email and send a deposit for the first night but these are minor inconveniences.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed in Banff for 3 days (too short!). The owner of Tan-Y-Bryn, Mrs Cowan, is lovely, talkative and open. I stayed in the double bed with my own bathroom. It was cosy, comfortable and best of all, conveniently located a few blocks from the main st, Banff Avenue. It was quite good value, considering the ridiculous prices of Banff.
The breakfasts are quite yum and Mrs Cowan goes out of her way to make sure it is according to your liking.
I hope to go back to Banff in the future, and I would definitely stay with Tan-Y-Bryn again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed here from the 19th to 27th Jan. We had breakfast brought to our room every morning, the room was a bit dated but really warm and cosy. The bed was comfy and it was only 2 streets back from Banff Avenue. We paid $60 a night and it was well worth it as all the other B&B's and hotels were much more expensive. Would definatly return here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed at this cute B&B during the Banff TV festival. It is located on a very quiet residential block, 3 short blocks from the bridge at Moose & Banff. Is a very short walk to the Banff Center next door. Except for the occasional bird tweeting the street was silent, a welcome escape from the noisy downtown apartment I inhabit.

This is the first time I had stayed at a B & B. The owner Mrs. Cowan was very hospitable and catered to my every need. My one bedroom on the second floor had a fridge, bedding with choice of feather or man-made fill. A table and chair, a large chest of drawers, fan, power-bar for electronic gizmos, and a sink. The window opens right up into the yard. No strong chemical cleaners are used in this place and it is entirely non-smoking so if you have allergies like me you shouldn't have any problems staying here. A bathroom complete with shower stall was situated next door to my room. On the same floor was a cute little office with desk so that you could set up your laptop and check your emails. The nightly rate includes Wi-Fi and breakfast. On the main floor were two other bathrooms (one with a tub and shower). There were several larger rooms for two on the main floor and second floor.

Breakfast consists of your choice of juice, a warm croissant and toast with preserves, and freshly perked coffee. It is cheerfully delivered by Mrs. Cowan to your door every morning. Due to my crazy schedule she brought up my breakfast the night before (while I was out) so I could enjoy it at my leisure whenever I got up.

The cute yard out front has seating so you can chill out and take in the breathtaking scenery. Parking is free and also included in the price. I was very pleased with my accommodations. I only paid $55.00/night Canadian (includes wi-fi, breakfast and parking out front). The other guests staying at the house were visiting from various parts of Europe and Toronto.

The Tan-Y-Bryn B&B is great value in expensive Banff where 1 star hotels can run for way more than this and are not as clean or nice. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a very quiet, clean and safe place to stay which is centrally located and walking distance to all in downtown Banff and the Fairmont Banff Springs. Its is only a short block to the Bow Valley Trail which takes you to the waterfall and Banff Springs hotel. The lovely Mrs. Cowan makes you feel right at home just like a house guest should feel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Tan - Y - Bryn B&B? Share your experiences!