“Great food and gorgeous view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Juniper Bistro

The Juniper Bistro
1 Juniper Way | Mt. Norquay Road, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1E1, Canada (Formerly Juniper Bistro & Lounge)
+1 866-551-2281
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 124 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Locals, Canadians and international guests meet at the Juniper Bistro to experience memorable meals with one of Banff' most popular views. Our chefs, find inspiration in the crossing of two different food baskets that meet in the Bow Valley: the prairie grasslands and the abundance of the Fraser Valley Delta. The Juniper Bistro proudly features regional growers and producers. Our food supports our guests' pursuit of a healthy, environmentally-intelligent lifestyle. The Juniper Bistro is 'away from the crowds, but closer than you think'.
Oakville, Canada
“Great food and gorgeous view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a great place to eat and enjoy the beauty of the landscape. There is not a bad seat in the house to sit at and loo out the wall of windows to the mountains. Breakfast is really good with lots of choices for food sensitivities. I highly recommend eating here!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Great place for a bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We are here after a great day skiing and was quite satisfied with our meal. The specials on the day weren't quite to our liking but the lunch menu had some delicious sandwiches and burgers. The cheese spaetzl was fantastic.

We ordered after a large group had just placed their order and our still showed up in a reasonable time. Our waiter was quite friendly.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your meal, we hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
“Best brunch and best views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The Juniper is a little out of town but entirely worth the 5-minute drive. The views are better than anywhere in Banff, and the food is on par with any 5-star restaurant, but at totally reasonable prices ($13 for ham and gruyere waffles). Highly recommended for any brunch needs!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Gabrielle,

Thanks for your review! We’re so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your brunch with us. We now serve brunch until 2pm on the weekend! We hope to see you again soon for some of those delicious waffles!
Calgary, Canada
“Not a lot of healthy options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We ate here three times over the past weekend:

1st Breakfast - Slow Roasted Pork Hash, awful swimming in grease made me nausious. The pesto? had a horrible texture and my mouth was filled with the overpowering flavour of garlic for the whole day. I would have preferred my eggs poached medium but was never offfered anything but the runny eggs I got. Don't know where the sausage came from but it was bland, bland, bland. The bright side, the bread was crusted in seeds and really quite delicious.

Dinner - Bison Taco's, awful same gross pesto from breakfast on my taco? How about some Pico de Gallo??? I believe that meat it a taco should be bite sized or so soft that when you bite into the taco you don't end up wearing it The Bison was in strips and so tough that I could barely chew it.

Breakfast #2 - Granola Yogurt and Fruit - a pleasant surprise, The Granola was really tasty, the fruit was cut small and easy to eat.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Terra,

Thanks for reviewing us. Sorry to hear that you didn’t think there are enough healthy options. However we strive to offer a well rounded menu of home cooked food that does include plenty of salads, fish and vegetables for those looking for healthier options. On your next visit, might I suggest that you try one of those options?

I apologize that you did not enjoy your first breakfast or dinner. I can assure you the Pork Hash is not typically served that way, this is feedback that we can share with the kitchen team to ensure it does not happen again.

Great to know that you did however enjoyed your Granola, Yoghurt & Fruit!

We hope to see you again soon.
Adelaide, Australia
“We Walked Out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I don't write bad reviews in general, and I don't enjoy saying this, but this is meant to be based on factual experiences for other travellers. I had the Juniper booked for Christmas brunch as the restaurant looks really nice on the website. The communications I had via email with a staff member about our booking were really helpful and friendly. But when we got there, it didn't look like the same place as in the pictures on the internet. The floors were dirty,the whole place looked generally unclean, no one came to greet us, there were hardly any other people there, the brunch selection looked terrible, and there was a homeless person there. Not what I wanted for Christmas day! We actually wondered if we were in the right place. I am sorry to say this. The owners of the B&B we were staying at were quite shocked to hear we walked out, as they had had a good experience there in the past. My review doesn't match a lot of the other reviews on here, so I wonder what happened. Maybe brunch isn't really their specialty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Patron,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed and didn’t stay. Unfortunately the floors in the Bistro do tend to look dirty even when they are clean, so we are looking into new flooring options. We are also having a deep clean at the end of this week to ensure that everything in the Bistro is spotless.

I can assure you that it’s not normal practice to arrive at the restaurant and not be greeted, I apologize that you were not made to feel welcome. The Bistro manager has been informed about this and will speak to our team to make sure they are up to scratch and greeting all guests in the future.

It’s also a shame to hear that you thought the brunch selection was terrible. Thanks for your feedback and we will strive to produce better options for the brunch buffet in the future.

We hope that you will try us again, we are taking feedback on board and working towards improving all the time. Thanks again for taking the time.