“Not a bad outing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Juniper Bistro

The Juniper Bistro
1 Juniper Way | Mt. Norquay Road, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1E1, Canada (Formerly Juniper Bistro & Lounge)
+1 866-551-2281
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The wall-to-wall glass at the Juniper Bistro looks out over one of the most renowned vistas in North America. Join us for locally-inspired food that's the ideal complement to a day of hiking, cycling, skiing, or downtown shopping. Our meals are homemade and decadent, crafted to include our most treasured Canadian classics along with new discoveries inspired by worldwide travels. From our in-house bakery to the spirit of our menu, our chefs are proud to create delicious meals with a handcrafted and sustainable spirit.
“Not a bad outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

They have some pretty good views and the prices were not too bad. Would like a bit more time to explore the area. The restaurant has a nice ambiance to it.

Visited October 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Not so great this time around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Juniper Hotel the last weekend in September. As usual the view
from the hotel was amazing and the staff was wonderful. Unfortunatly our meal at the resturant
was not as good. They had two large parties booked and we were seated in the lounge which
was fine. The staff were very nice and the service excellent when we saw them but do to the
large parties in the dinning room was not very often. We ordered the trio of dips which was very
tasty and were looking forward to our main course. I ordered the bison short ribs and my friend the lamb and when they came we started in with hearty appetities. That soon ended. The short
ribs were tender and favorful but the rest of the dish left much to be desired. It came with polenta which was dry and an underseasoned butternut squash puree. My friend's lamb turned
out to be quite raw in the middle and not edible. It aslo came with a tomato ragout which she thought was so so. I ended up sharing my dinner with her. The waitress did come over after we
flagged her down and once we told her about the raw lamb she did did apologize and removed
it from our bill. After our last meal here this one was a big let down. We came down for breakfast
the next morning and were seated in the dinning room with a spectacular view over looking
Banff. We both order the eggs benedict and they looked great when it come out of the kitchen
My eggs were cooked perfectly but again that was all that was good about it. The bacon was ice
cold and the hollindase sauce not much warmer. When I finally got the waitress's attention and
told her she took it back to the kitchen to fix it. It came back out a few minutes later with the eggs over cooked and the bacon still ice cold. They had just placed it under the salamander
(or whatever they do) to warm it up. I ate it because I was very hungry but when the waitress
came back I mentioned it to her and she again said she was sorry and that she thought they
had prepared a new one. I guess with large parties (of which there was one in the resturant
that morning also) small groups (2 to 4 people) just get left behind. Would I go back for the
food? Not anytime soon. But I would go back for the view and for excellent staff who made the
experience enjoyable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one this time at The Bistro. Our Executive Chef is currently trying to recruit a strong kitchen team, which does take some time. Unfortunately he is still searching for the best team to ensure we’re proud of every meal that we send out. This does put an extra strain on the staff we do have, especially when they are large parties in as you mentioned.

Whilst this is not an excuse for the meals you received, I hope that you will not discount us in the future. If you were to visit again I’m sure your experience would be a different one. Again, sincerest apologies, I hope we are able to restore your faith in us in the future.
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Really good food, beautiful scenery, great atmosphere, service was slow, so leave yourself lots of time, but well worth the experience.

Visited September 2013
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I loved the Banana bread they had here, melt in your mouth.. amazing. The service was excellent, and the view amazing!!!

Visited September 2013
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Patron,

Thanks for your review, so glad to hear you enjoyed the Banana Bread so much! Our Chef works very hard at providing fresh, seasonable and sustainable dishes for our guests so I'll be sure to pass on your praise to him!

Hope to see you again soon!
Berkley, Michigan
“Great Experience-Fresh and Interesting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great Meals, both dinner and breakfast. Beautiful views, not rushed very welcomed. One of the best restaurants we had on our trip Glacier/Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper.

• Visited September 2013