“great vegetarian experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nourish Vegetarian Bistro

Nourish Vegetarian Bistro
110, 211 Bear Street | Bison Courtyard, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1B4, Canada
+1 403-760-3933
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Nourish is dedicated to offering a tapas style service with dishes intended as a unique taste experience. A beautiful variety of organic savory and sweet dishes designed with the concept of sharing in mind. We handpick all of our ingredients and make everything fresh to order. The eclectic Decor and enchanting atmosphere provide a quaint, relaxing experience, bringing intimacy back into the eating experience. A visit here nourishes the mind and soul as much as it feeds the body. We share a passion for food and a commitment to delivering excellence.
Toronto, Canada
“great vegetarian experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

first of all, i'd love to thank my beloved boyfriend came with me to try out the great vegetarian food here, coz he's a meat eater. nd the only dish could get a bit of interest is the french onion soup lol. i like the food there, it was fresh nd delicious. i had all kinda nutrients in one plate. very satisfied.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“So glad we decided to eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We found Nourish to live up to its billing. The Burrito and soup were super! Our waiter was personable, and we left wishing we lived closer by so we could come by more often. If you are on a plant based diet, this is the place for you! However, the food is so good that even many carnivores will forgo meat to indulge in the tasty fare. Also, the food was beautifully presented, so pretty that it was almost a shame to eat it, but I am glad we did! Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Despite not being a vegetarian, we often try out restaurants that are since they tend to put a bit of a different spin on things. Nourish definitely delivered and I really enjoyed my meal here.
The space is very cool, much different than most of the mountain-themed restos in Banff for sure.
I enjoyed sharing the burrito and the quesadilla of the day very much - both were tasty and impressive. We went for lunch around 1:30 and the restaurant was already out of a couple of dishes from their menu which could be a drawback - not sure if that happens often or was just a fluke thing though. I'd certainly recommend, and will visit again.

No reservations accepted but we were able to walk in.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Best spot in Banff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is phenomenal. The food is delicious, the staff is friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. After trying a few not so great places with high prices, we were thrilled to find this place and ended up eating here three times in a short visit. The menu was very creative and everything looked great.

I'd highly recommend the king kong noodles for dinner and the veggie panini (comes with a great salad) for lunch, but I'm sure you can't go wrong at this place.

It's particularly a great find for vegans, vegetarians, and those looking for gluten-free options because of how they clearly label things on the menu- but the food should appeal to anyone who enjoys great food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Below average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here while visiting Banff and Canmore in August. I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to eating here after reading all the fabulous reviews. Honestly, our experience was so below average compared to so many others. My only conclusion is that they must have really been having a very "OFF" day. I debated giving this review a 2* but the friendliness of our waitress bumped up my review rating to a 3*. Besides, I really dislike giving 2* ratings just because a restaurant is having an "OFF" day. It does sound like, from reading some of the recent negative reviews, that eating here can really be a "hit" and "miss" experience. The couple that was seated next to us got up and left, right after being seated. I heard her said she thought the gal who seated them was rude. We saw the couple on our other side enjoying their nachos. I did hear the waitress apologize to them for some ingredients being left out and not put on their nachos. Apparently, they had eaten the nachos before and so they knew some ingredients were missing. Interesting!!!

They were out of several of the items that we had wanted to order so we both ordered the organic green salad for lunch. I ordered a half order and my husband ordered the full size for twice the cost. When they delivered the salads we both looked at each other and almost laughed. My husband's salad was the same size as mine but twice the cost. Hummm!!!! We didn't say anything. Then I noticed that my husband's salad was loaded with strawberries, nuts etc. but they were missing from my salad. Yes, I did say something about that to the waitress. She apologized and seemed embarrassed. She said, "they usually just throw things on the salad" and apparently missed the nuts and berries. Hummmmm!!!!!! The salad was fresh, healthy and organic but the salad dressing had absolutely no taste whatsoever. I'm not exaggerating one bit. I was really surprised. Whoever mixed up the salad dressing really messed up in a big way when they prepared the salad dressing for the day. Maybe they should taste it. Just a friendly suggestion!

Well, that was really an interesting experience. We ate at so many good restaurants in Canmore that we will not bother eating here again next time we are in the area!!!! I am happy for all of those that have had a good experience here. If the management, cooks and servers get their act together this could be a really great place without all the low reviews being tossed into the mix.
Cheers!!!!!