“Best meal of our life!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nourish Vegetarian Bistro

Nourish Vegetarian Bistro
110, 211 Bear Street | Bison Courtyard, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1B4, Canada
+1 403-760-3933
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 123 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Nourish is dedicated to offering a tapas style service with dishes intended as a unique taste experience. A beautiful variety of organic savory and sweet dishes designed with the concept of sharing in mind. We handpick all of our ingredients and make everything fresh to order. The eclectic Decor and enchanting atmosphere provide a quaint, relaxing experience, bringing intimacy back into the eating experience. A visit here nourishes the mind and soul as much as it feeds the body. We share a passion for food and a commitment to delivering excellence.
“Best meal of our life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went in February 2013 and we had an amazing experience. The two guys serving we're personable and very helpful. We ordered the King Kong noodles (I think that's what they were called) and my husband got the specials the beet soup and daily curry. Everything was delicious. We had apple pie for dessert which my husband hailed (and he eats a lot of pie) the best pie he's ever eaten. As vegetarians it is great to have good tasting food and a lot of variety. WORTH THE VISIT

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Winnipeg
“Great food, great crew.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Just ate at Nourish... These guys are food ninjas. Any non-believers in vegetarian food need to sit down at this place. Had the curry pot of the day, the burrito and the mushroom ravioli.

They nailed everything. The flavours were punch-you-in-the-mouth delicious and the portions were generous. Three dishes were more than enough for three people. Highly recommend the ravioli.

The crew was awesome as well. They were attentive but relaxed and really seemed to care about the customers and the food.

I have eaten at all kinds of restaurants all over the place. These guys do it right. Nourish is an amazing little place and is definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Most mouthwatering dish ever- and I'm NOT a vegetarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Oh mama! I just had the most ridiculously amazing wild mushroom ravioli!!!! The menu advertises it as the best ravioli you'll ever have and they were telling the truth! It was fabulous! And I'm not even a vegetarian! I will return just to have this dish again!
We also had the "Classic Nachos". They weren't classic at all! Who puts 27 ingredients in their nachos?- Nourish does!!!! An unexpected combination of ingredients makes these nachos surprising, yet delicious.
We recommend Nourish for the best lunch in Banff, vegetarian or not!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Golden, Canada
“Right up there with my favorite vegie restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

As a long time vegetarian in a meat eaters world, I am used to getting stuck with the one vegie option on the menu, but not here. I was overwhelmed with happy choices. We were five for lunch and with our very attentive servers help, we chose four full entrees and ended up eating too much and taking home left overs from the last entree. The entrees come one at a time and are shared, which turns out to be the most fun and civilized way to do a meal. The others, all omnivores, thought they had a great meal, but I knew I had. Each dish was perfect, with a subtle blend of perfect flavours and beautifully presented. I may have to travel to Banff, not my favorite place, just to eat at Nourish, right up there with Rebar, Victoria and Vij's (lots of vegie choice) Vancouver.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rome, Italy
“in the country of steaks....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

It is a wonderful surprise to find a Vegetarian Restaurant in the Country of steak, buffalo, elk or moose !!!! the service is efficient and helpful in suggesting the different possibilities offered by the menu! The portions are enormous so it is better the have half portion! Sometime the complexity of the mixture of the ingredients is high! It could be better to prepare simple dishes without such a mixture of flavors and taste! The chef has a great creativity in mixing different aromas and components!! And a glass of wine is highly suggested !

• Visited January 2013