“Right up there with my favorite vegie restaurants” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nourish Vegetarian Bistro

Nourish Vegetarian Bistro
110, 211 Bear Street | Bison Courtyard, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1B4, Canada
+1 403-760-3933
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 122 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Nourish is dedicated to offering a tapas style service with dishes intended as a unique taste experience. A beautiful variety of organic savory and sweet dishes designed with the concept of sharing in mind. We handpick all of our ingredients and make everything fresh to order. The eclectic Decor and enchanting atmosphere provide a quaint, relaxing experience, bringing intimacy back into the eating experience. A visit here nourishes the mind and soul as much as it feeds the body. We share a passion for food and a commitment to delivering excellence.
Golden, Canada
“Right up there with my favorite vegie restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

As a long time vegetarian in a meat eaters world, I am used to getting stuck with the one vegie option on the menu, but not here. I was overwhelmed with happy choices. We were five for lunch and with our very attentive servers help, we chose four full entrees and ended up eating too much and taking home left overs from the last entree. The entrees come one at a time and are shared, which turns out to be the most fun and civilized way to do a meal. The others, all omnivores, thought they had a great meal, but I knew I had. Each dish was perfect, with a subtle blend of perfect flavours and beautifully presented. I may have to travel to Banff, not my favorite place, just to eat at Nourish, right up there with Rebar, Victoria and Vij's (lots of vegie choice) Vancouver.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Rome, Italy
“in the country of steaks....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

It is a wonderful surprise to find a Vegetarian Restaurant in the Country of steak, buffalo, elk or moose !!!! the service is efficient and helpful in suggesting the different possibilities offered by the menu! The portions are enormous so it is better the have half portion! Sometime the complexity of the mixture of the ingredients is high! It could be better to prepare simple dishes without such a mixture of flavors and taste! The chef has a great creativity in mixing different aromas and components!! And a glass of wine is highly suggested !

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nourish Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was good value and excellent food. Only get 1/2 portions as they are very large. The service was friendly and very helpful. We took home a doggy bag as we had so much left over.

Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“A party in your mouth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a vegetarian oasis in carnivore central! Love the eclectic and quaint atmosphere and the 'sharing' concept is a must as the menu is star studded- you want to try everything!!! Not to mention, Great charismatic staff provided insight and some entertinment! I was a 'nourish' virgin, but now, it is officially my 'happy' place in Banff!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Banff, Canada
“Symphony in your mouth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Nourish for a few years now, still to this day it's my favourite restaurant in town (and I'm a meat eater). Always get the nachos to start (original or the hickory) and go from there. Like the staff will tell you, the portions are fairly big, so I suggest ordering multiple dishes and sharing them amongst friends and company. Desserts are fantastic as well. Just tried the raspberry creme brûlée cheesecake... And I have nothing, but amazing things to say. Try it for yourself. Thanks to Mark, Heather and the rest of the staff for your hospitality!!! We'll see you soon!!!