“Symphony in your mouth.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nourish Vegetarian Bistro

Nourish Vegetarian Bistro
110, 211 Bear Street | Bison Courtyard, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1B4, Canada
+1 403-760-3933
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Nourish is dedicated to offering a tapas style service with dishes intended as a unique taste experience. A beautiful variety of organic savory and sweet dishes designed with the concept of sharing in mind. We handpick all of our ingredients and make everything fresh to order. The eclectic Decor and enchanting atmosphere provide a quaint, relaxing experience, bringing intimacy back into the eating experience. A visit here nourishes the mind and soul as much as it feeds the body. We share a passion for food and a commitment to delivering excellence.
Banff, Canada
“Symphony in your mouth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Nourish for a few years now, still to this day it's my favourite restaurant in town (and I'm a meat eater). Always get the nachos to start (original or the hickory) and go from there. Like the staff will tell you, the portions are fairly big, so I suggest ordering multiple dishes and sharing them amongst friends and company. Desserts are fantastic as well. Just tried the raspberry creme brûlée cheesecake... And I have nothing, but amazing things to say. Try it for yourself. Thanks to Mark, Heather and the rest of the staff for your hospitality!!! We'll see you soon!!!

“Dreamy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I live in Calgary and have been to nourish 3 times already this year. Every time we have international visitors it is a a must on our list of things to do and every guest has been equally impressed so far.

Beautifully presented, fresh, healthy and delicious vegetarian food (I am a meat eater usually) with very friendly staff and owner. Having your meal served on a 'bed of greens' here is more like a rainbow including orange, red, purple etc.

Favorite dishes so far: classic nachos (a must!!), the house curry and the spanakopita. I can't wait to go back to try more.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good service, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

People who say that vegetarian food is bland and unineresting clearly have never eaten at Nourish.

I admit that before going to Nourish, I was put off by the two recent unflattering reviews. We were two off 11 people in the restaurant, but I was not aware of anyone suffering service delays. Reading the front of the menu, I noticed that this is a tapas restaurant, and our waiter informed us that dishes are for sharing around the table. This explains why peoples dishes arrive at different times on the same table.

Food is served in two portion sizes: full and half. I ordered a full portion of nachos which was far too big for even me. I should have heeded the waiter's warning to this effect. My hickory nachos were absolutely delicious, full of exciting flavours, textures and colours. Utter genius. My partner had a panir curry which was also flavourful, although the panir itself had dissolved into the curry sauce - frying it off the traditional Indian way would have preserved the panir as whole chunks.

We had a nice, reasonably priced wine with our meal, but wished we'd ordered a cocktail after seeing them served to another table!

Banff, Canada
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wow, where do I start. This is the first review I have written because I felt impelled to share my discovery with everybody. I got told by a friend that I should check out the food here as a vegetarian. The restaurant has a nice cozy atmosphere, the waiter was really friendly and made me feel relaxed. The menu was soo good I found it hard to decide what to get, so the waiter recommended the nachos. I started off with blue lentil and ginger soup which was awesome. Then the nachos...probably THE BEST nachos i've ever had. They have 27 ingredients, including 10 different types of beans and strawberries (!), which you might think would be too many flavors but you would be so wrong. They were amazing and I would urge anybody to try these. And the presentation blew me away. All the food passing my table got my mouth watering. Definitely the best food I've had in Canada so far, great, friendly, fast service and very reasonably priced. I had a half soup and half nachos and a beer which just came to over $20. the portions were very generous too. I would HIGHLY recommend any vegetarians (or non-vegetarians) to check out this place if you are in the area!

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food and baby friendly - we love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We came back to Nourish after it was recommended to us by a Banff Springs concierge two years ago. And we are so glad we did. The food was amazing, again, and this time we had our 10 month old daughter with us. She loved it too! She ate beans off of the nachos, some of the yams, as well as the mushoom ravioli. We will all look forward to coming back the next time we're in town!

• Visited January 2013