“The Food was Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Macomb, Illinois
“The Food was Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

My husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in the Canadian Rockies. We happened upon the Storm Mountain Lodge and dropped in for lunch. It was fabulous! The chef uses fresh local ingredients and the food was served with a flair and was very delicious! We liked it so much that we finished up our hiking on one of the days in time so that we could eat dinner there. Again, it was awesome and delicious! The next time we travel to the Canadian Rockies, we also plan to stay in one of the cabins. It seems to be very homey and a very comfortable, beautiful setting.

Central Pennsylvania
“Increible food in the middle of nowhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Thank you tripadvisor for letting me know about this place. My son had been working in Calgary and when we went to visit him and decided to go to Banff, I suggested we check this place out. Were we ever glad we did! There was not too many choices for lunch on the menu but everything we had was above and beyond our expectations! There were only 2 bison burgers left so my son and husband had them and I had the butternut squash ravioli - all of which were to die for! And the appetizers - tomato mozzarella salad and seafood chowder were, as well. For dessert we had a berry cobbler ala mode which also was excellent. The atmosphere was very charming, as well!

Minneapolis
“Wow, it was the most memorable meal I've had in a long long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

The chef is gifted and the setting is so quaint with fabulous scenery. The appetizers, salad and main course were all fantastic and I consider myself to be a critical foodie. I wish I lived closer to this restaurant--if I ever get back to Lake Louise, this will be my first stop.

Orlando, Florida
“A cozy stop halfway between Lake Louise and Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Hidden off of 93 on the way to Radium, the Storm Mountain Lodge was a great find for us. We missed breakfast the first day we stopped in (after hiking Boom Lake) but the girl at the desk was nice enough to brew us an entire pot of decaf coffee, just for us. We must have looked half-frozen!

Since they had been so nice, we arranged our leaving travel day to give us enough time to stop in for breakfast, arriving, this time, a half hour too early. No problem! They brought coffee, and took our order anyway.

Excellent crustless-quiche, with interesting sausage and fruit, all organic and flavorful. Their menu for each of the 3 meals they serve looked inviting, and we will make an effort to stop here anytime we're in the area. Much better experience here than in many of the Banff restaurants we have tried.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead, England
“Overflowing with character, but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Lovely old log cabin with a log fire - wonderful. This was our most expensive meal over 10 days in Banff/Jasper area - but I would rate the food behind both Maple Leaf in Banff and Evil Dave's in Jasper. Don't get me wrong, it was good - but there was a reliance on the basic ingredient of a dish to speak for itself - so the Bison for example was supremely tender and tasty - but there was no sauce or accompaniment to really enhance it.

Dessert menu was disappointingly narrow, though the creme brulee was competent.

BTW - the tripadvisor link to Google maps places this restaurant in the heart of Banff - which it decidedly isn't. It is a good 30 mins outside on the road to Radium hot springs! The maitre d was most accommodating when we had to rearrange our reservation when we discovered this!

• 4 of 5 stars Food