“lamb and gnocchi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Derwood, Maryland
“lamb and gnocchi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying and eating at Storm Mountain. The food was first-rate. I had the crusted rack of lamb with rosemary potatoes and fig jam. Delicious. My daughter had the gnocchi with ragout of mushrooms and raved about it. We had been dissapinted with the food in the area until this!

• Visited August 2014

Provo, Utah
“Great food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Four of us ate here and had three different entrees. All the food was very good although the preparation was a bit less sophisticated than, say, the Maple Leaf in Banff or Crazy Weed in Canmore. The lodge is certainly among the most charming places I've ever eaten. My main objection is that the meals were really overpriced--substantially more than the Maple Leaf or Crazy Weed, for example.

Visited August 2014
Keller, Texas
“Gem of a Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in the Banff area recently and came across Storm Mountain Lodge. We head read reviews of it before coming, and were certainly not disappointed. It's everything you would expect from a restaurant in such a beautiful national park area....charming rustic decor, small in size yet big in personal service, and food delicious beyond expectations!
We would definitely return here! We were also shown one of the adorable cabins and thought it would be fantastic for a weekend getaway. Loved this place!

• Visited July 2014
Bowmanville
“Wonderful Surprise in the middle of nowhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Heading on our way to Invermere from Lake Louise and Hubby and I were starving and wondering where we were going to eat. Didn’t look like there were any places before we got to Radium Hot Springs and then we saw the sign “Storm Mountain Lodge Cabins and Dining“. I pulled into the little resort and we walked into the lobby of this really neat log cabin. The smell of wood burning in the fireplace took me back to our family cabin as a child. As we have been finding that the food portions around Alberta and BC have been on the large side, we decided to split a meal. We ordered the ‘chicken sandwich with salad’. The gentleman brought it out on two separate plates for us. The salad was mixed greens with finely cubed cucumber and strawberries with a gorgeous strawberry dressing and the sandwich was on fresh ciabatta bread with chunks of chicken and cranberries. It was the best chicken sandwich I think I have ever eaten. Nice little place to stop for lunch!

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Ate here with a large family group one evening. Its themed around a log cabin and has many displays of old skiing and trekking kit, great atmosphere.
They offer a small menu selection but fantastic flavour combinations. Several had medallion of bison, others had rack of lamb whilst I tried corn fed chicken breast. Cooked very well and the combination of watercress pesto and blueberry reduction made it superb.
To start I shared a a charcuterie board with lots of small nibbles.
Pricing is spot on and the only downside was a haphazard service which made the meal longer so we spent more time together.
Do go if you can its a really nice place, if you have already been you will know what I am talking about. They also offer accommodation.