“Fantastic Restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Hamilton, ON
“Fantastic Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The title says it all. Our dinner was exceptional. The service was casual yet excellent, the setting rustic but charming and the food was outstanding. Everything from the salads, my tenderloin, my wife's lamb (the best either of us has ever tasted) to the desserts was excellent. The portion sizes were good - not too big but certainly not tiny - and the prices very reasonable - not cheap but certainly reasonable based on the quality. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012

94% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Would definitely go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a most stop for any couple wanting a romantic evening with great food. I had the seafood bouilbaisse and the rack of lamb. The seafood app was good but not great. The seafood was a little overcooked. There was a shrimp tail in the soup and a broken mussel shell. The rack of lamb was simply awesome. Perfectly seasoned and cooked just right. My wife had the beef carpaccio, which was just fantastic with lots of depth of flavor. Her entree was a beef terndeloing with goat cheese crust, which was also quite good.

The lodge is pretty small with the restaurant having maybe ten tables. I could see in highs season a reservation being a must. As soon as you open the door you can smell the wood burning fireplace, which I loved. Very quite restaurant with great service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Loved the Bison burger in the first bite, get extra homemade BBQ sauce.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Excellent atmosphere. It just started to snow when we were there and the wood burning fireplace was going. Awesome bison burger, love the homemade BBQ sauce! Unfortunately the dessert was left on the plate. The molten cake was over cooked and not at all molten, it was just an overcooked chocolate cake. The server was great until dessert came and we got our bill. She didn't come by again so we could get a new cake ordered. Oh well, excellent burger and would visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, AB
“One breakfast, one lunch, Two dinners.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in a cabin at Storm Mountain lodge for 2 nights. The food at the lodge was excellent. First let start with the service which was always nice and attentive. The breakfast menu I felt was a bit sparse, I would say that would be my only tweak on the menu selection. We ate lunch at the lodge one day and I must say I had the best burger experience in my life....FABULOUS! The two dinners we ate were excellent as well, we went all out with a shared appetizer, main and dessert, beer and wine each night. The cost is up there but I don't mind paying the money if I leave full and smiling.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Already plenty of good reviews here but I'll add one more. We were on our honeymoon so we were splurging a little on our meals. A very romantic place for dinner with the fires and a little bit of a view out the windows. Our mains were cooked just right. We had a triple creme brulee for dessert which was delicious. My husband loves creme brulee so we order it regularly at restaurants but, although I can't remember the flavors, two of them were definitely combinations we hadn't had before. One was raspberry I believe. Compared to some of the upscale restaurants in lake louise (post hotel, chateau) it is actually very good value for money and we thought, although not as fancy, that the food was almost as good. It is a little out of the way but definitely worth the drive!

Visited September 2012