“Loved the Bison burger in the first bite, get extra homemade BBQ sauce.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Storm Mountain Lodge

Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Loved the Bison burger in the first bite, get extra homemade BBQ sauce.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Excellent atmosphere. It just started to snow when we were there and the wood burning fireplace was going. Awesome bison burger, love the homemade BBQ sauce! Unfortunately the dessert was left on the plate. The molten cake was over cooked and not at all molten, it was just an overcooked chocolate cake. The server was great until dessert came and we got our bill. She didn't come by again so we could get a new cake ordered. Oh well, excellent burger and would visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Calgary, AB
“One breakfast, one lunch, Two dinners.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in a cabin at Storm Mountain lodge for 2 nights. The food at the lodge was excellent. First let start with the service which was always nice and attentive. The breakfast menu I felt was a bit sparse, I would say that would be my only tweak on the menu selection. We ate lunch at the lodge one day and I must say I had the best burger experience in my life....FABULOUS! The two dinners we ate were excellent as well, we went all out with a shared appetizer, main and dessert, beer and wine each night. The cost is up there but I don't mind paying the money if I leave full and smiling.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Already plenty of good reviews here but I'll add one more. We were on our honeymoon so we were splurging a little on our meals. A very romantic place for dinner with the fires and a little bit of a view out the windows. Our mains were cooked just right. We had a triple creme brulee for dessert which was delicious. My husband loves creme brulee so we order it regularly at restaurants but, although I can't remember the flavors, two of them were definitely combinations we hadn't had before. One was raspberry I believe. Compared to some of the upscale restaurants in lake louise (post hotel, chateau) it is actually very good value for money and we thought, although not as fancy, that the food was almost as good. It is a little out of the way but definitely worth the drive!

Visited September 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Dining today at the Storm Mountain Lodge was a wonderful experience for our 4 seniors group. I had some doubts about the cost of the meals; if they meals would justify the cost. Well, in our opinion, the meals, service and ambiance of this 1922 lodge was definitely worth the cost. It is a small dining area, and believe reservations would be beneficial, although we did not have one at 6:30 pm on a Tuesday. They offer about 7-8 main entries on the menu, and usually a special for the evening also. After dinner we relaxed about the Lodge fireplace with our coffee & drinks. We would highly recommend this restaurant for those seeking a special evening.

Salem, Oregon
“Good lunch stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I knew this was the top rated restaurant for Trip Advisor in Banff, but is seemed like a bit of a drive for a dinner. I remember it as we were driving the Bow Valley Parkway, sightseeing and hiking along the way. We stopped for lunch and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. My husband has a bison burger that he hasn't stopped raving about. We saw the desserts being served to another table. They looked amazing. The restaurant is very small, about ten tables in an old lodge. Plan ahead and make a reservation if you are going for dinner.