we stayed here in 2004 so knew what to expect.
It's great to stay half way the icefields parkway, so you have more time to fully enjoy this great drive (and you are on the road early, we were almost alone at the peyto lake lookout).
The motel is old fashioned, a bit "forest style" which I like.
The lady at the front desk was friendly and funny.
The room was clean and we had everything we needed, except... coffee making facilities. this is a thing I can't understand. In north america, you get this in the cheapest hotel, but not here. a real pity, as the cafeteria they offer is not charming at all. We went in there in the morning and left immediately, without coffee.
Instead we had our coffee (expensive though) at the lodge further down the parkway at the gorgeous bow lake.
You book this "resort" for its location, not for its quality and service. but the location is worth it. It was by the way the most expensive hotel of our holiday, and the one with the worst quality. but still, I do recommend...
- Also Known As:
- The Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- Crossing Resort Lake Louise
- Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- The Crossing Resort Banff National Park, Canada - Alberta
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your The Crossing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.