Whilst The Crossing isn't the most luxurious place to stay it serves a purpose. Every time we visit the Rockies we spend so much time on the Parkway that it makes sense for us to stay here.
Yes the food is pricey but it's all about supply and demand. Previous commenters have mentioned the price of hot drinks. A word to the wise, the cafeteria does not charge for hot water. Take your own travel mugs, tea, coffee, sugar and hot chocolate and you can get 6 drinks for $2.79...the cost of a carton on milk from the cafeteria.
Yes the place needs updating but we have always found The Crossing to be clean, tidy and the staff friendly.
We will certainly visit again, it's a damn sight cheaper than staying by the Glacier!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossing Resort is family owned resort and located midway on the Icefields Parkway within 30 minutes of most major Attractions. Full services on site such as 3 dining venues a Pub, Gas Station, Genedral store and Gift,Guest Center and Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Crossing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- Crossing Resort Lake Louise
- Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- The Crossing Resort Banff National Park, Canada - Alberta