The place is very dated and expensive for what your get - not good value for money. There is no air conditioning, only a roof mounted fan which did the job on a cool evening - wouldn't like to be there when it was very hot. When we arrived we were given the keys for an already occupied room. When this was pointed out to receptionist she didn't know what to do and took 15 minutes to find someone to make a decison.
The hot tub was out of use and clearly had been for some time. Much of the gym equipment was worn, probably verging on dangerous. None of the soft drink vending machines were working and the choice in the shop was non existant. The food in the cafe was just passable. The girl that was working there that evening didn't say a word to us - in total contrast to the other Canadians we met on our 5 week trip. Many areas of the wooden walkways around the room we were in were rotten and dangerous. About time who ever is responsible for health and saftey enforcement in the local authority paid this place a visit. Lots of potential for law suits.
The only thing this place has going for it is the views - they are totally stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossing Resort is family owned resort and located midway on the Icefields Parkway within 30 minutes of most major Attractions. Full services on site such as 3 dining venues a Pub, Gas Station, Genedral store and Gift,Guest Center and Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Crossing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- Crossing Resort Lake Louise
- Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- The Crossing Resort Banff National Park, Canada - Alberta