“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

$85*
and up
Activities: Skiing, Getting married
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-friendly Mt. Norquay offers outstanding conditions for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers and riders. Since its opening in 1926, Mt. Norquay continues to be the locals’ gem. Famous for being the training ground of Olympic and World Cup athletes, and with excellent beginner terrain, everyone will love this small, family-friendly resort.
Curitiba, PR
56 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a long trip coming from Brazil we finally arrive in Banff and we wanted to ski so bad.

Bad news is that we decided to do that on the busiest day of the year. Dec. 28th.

Tried to get ski lessons, because as brazilians, we don´t ski much for natural reasons.

So, we waited for an available instructor and hey were all busy for the whole day. So, we booked 2 days of ski lessons.

In fact, I was skiing and my husband was snowboarding. We had different instructors, and they were great.

The hills are definitely not for begginers, but it´s lots of fun.

Alberta
“Loved it! Great instructors and beginner areas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a lesson here and it was so incredibly helpful! My instructor Cathy was so friendly and positive, she really gave me a fantastic day and helped build my confidence! Anyone who wants to learn should try mount norquay, what a great experience! Beautiful views and nice gentle slopes too - amazing!

southern alberta
“Great hill, great instructors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Mt Norquay is great! It a great hill with a great family atmosphere. The instructors are wonderful, and we have put our kids in the weekend programs. Mt Norquay makes skiing affordable for families. I have never done the tubing, so can't comment but we are hoping to try this season. Another bonus is we have very rarely had to wait in line at the lifts, which is a bonus when it's super cold.

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Amazing Value and Views, Not for beginners!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently skied two days with my family at Norquay. We prefer this hill for its value and less crowded slopes. However, I haven't skied in years and found it rather challenging to keep up with most of the slopes. My brother was skiing for the first time and my fiance snowboarding. While overall our days of skiing were filled with fun, excitement and laughter we faced some pretty steep hills for beginners. I must say though the views from the tops of the hills are amazing, truly. There were hardly any wait times for the lifts and there was lots of room on the hills to do your own thing. I recommend this hill, especially to families. Had a great time, can not wait to return

Visited January 2013
Redwood Shores, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great family ski resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I highly recommend Mt. Norquay for families with kids. The ski instructors are great with kids and the Magic Carpet area is very big so there is a lot of space to learn for beginners. My 5 y.o. daughter never skied before. Her first lesson was at Sunshine Village but their magic carpet for 5 y.o. was way too small. Then we signed her up at Mt Norquay for a 3 day lesson package for $99 (best deal I've seen anywhere) and by the third day she was comfortable skiing on green runs. Kudos to ski instructors Lee Mott and Charlie Bickerton for their amazing teaching experience and patience with little kids. They definitely made skiing fun and turned lessons into games that 5 y.o. can enjoy for hours. I was very amazed that my daughter was able to learn so quickly.

The last two days we were there were probably the most busy days of the season. I was amazed that they handled the crowd very well and were able to accommodate a last minute request I had. I believe Adam of the Sports Center check in was the one who helped me and many other people. He was very accommodating and offered ways to help customers save money by signing up the right classes.

I highly recommend Mt. Norquay for families, especially those with children. The place is just the right size so that you won't feel like you don't know where your kids are. Everyone ski out the same path so it's easy to keep track of your kids' whereabouts. Also prices for classes are great, especially given their quality of instructors.