“Bruce Hotel - Rustic Alberta Dining Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #316 of 8,282 restaurants in Alberta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Bruce Hotel - Rustic Alberta Dining Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I travelled to the Bruce Hotel from Edmonton to celebrate Father's Day during one of their steak and shrimp nights. We had booked reservations for 4:30 but arrived about 20 minutes early. No problem. The inviting staff gladly found us a table and gave us a friendly orientation before taking our order. There were only one or two other tables occupied at this time but that quickly changed as the dining area was completely full within half an hour as other guests arrived. However, during this quite time, we helped ourselves to a fantastic salad bar and a bottle of red wine. As well, it gave us a chance to admire the many small antique items on display up on the walls. It's a quaint rustic Alberta atmosphere here which gives you a great impression of what it's like to live on the prairies. The drive from Edmonton is certainly part of this adventure since you can't help but enjoy the magnificent landscape leading up to this hotel. For me, the steak wasn't the rave as much as the rest of the food. I thought the shrimp was fantastic, though. The real star here is the overall experience. The heartbeat of the Bruce is Alberta charm itself. This is a great place with a warm atmosphere to eat and relax and celebrate with family and friends!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Edmonton, Canada
“3 hours later....and I'm still full....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just an hour east of Edmonton on highway 14 is a hole in the wall place called Bruce Alberta. This non descript place has a small hotel/bar that has one of the best steaks that I have ever had. The food is home made, fantastic and cooked perfect. I had the 8oz steak and my wife had the 6oz. All the sides were all you can eat and everything was fantastic. Did I mention my steak was cooked to perfection? We ate and ate and ate and our bill for 4 people, with pop and tip was $100.00 ($20 tip). Dessert is also included in the meal. There are endless options available to eat as sides and its buffet style. Awesome. Leave the city and go to this place. The staff were extremely friendly. I will be back. http://www.brucehotel.ca/Welcome.html. Check out their website!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton AB
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We attend their Steak Nights a few times a year and have been doing so for about 7 years now. The meals are fantastic, the staff is amazing and Deb and Carl are the best hosts you can find. Family and friends have joined us and had a great evening. Book a reservation and give them a try...you will not be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
“Great Steak Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A group of us from Edmonton get together once a month or so for dinner. We take turns choosing a location and this time we had a reservation for Friday night steak dinner at the Bruce Hotel. Nineteen of us in five cars made the 115 km trek from Edmonton to Bruce for a late dinner. To allow us sufficient time to get to Bruce we had booked the 7:45 seating. The restaurant seats about 100 people and was pretty full when we arrived and would remain full throughout the late seating.

Our steaks were great and done to perfection. The salad bar had lots of options and there were several kinds of side dishes to go with the steak. The dessert bar had a variety of creamy and baked desserts and even cookies and squares. The price? Just $16.99 for the smallest steak offering; six ounces. That included all you can eat from the salad and dessert bar, coffee and taxes. Alcoholic beverages and tip were extra.

The place is full of old knickknacks and some quirky decorations, some of which can't be described in polite company. The table supports are made from old sewing machine bases or custom made with iron lettering spelling out "Bruce Hotel". Lots of old record covers and photos adorn the walls.

The Bruce Hotel is a great place to go with a group and have a good meal. Next time we'll have to go for steak and shrimp. We didn't stay for karaoke as it was a long drive back to Edmonton.

• Visited November 2012
“Awesome as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went last week for their "Steak and Shrimp" night. It was our first time with the shrimp and it was 'awesome as always'. The meal was $26 per plate. Our steak was probably an 8oz steak cooked to our liking (Soooo good). And with that you got all you can eat jumbo shrimp cooked in butter, unlimited salads, sides and deserts. I always have a hard time eating all of my steak because I can't help myself with all of the wonderful delicious salads. My mom joined us and she's incredibly hard to please, and she says that she can't wait to go back. If you book a late reservation they will ask if you'd like to stay for karaoke. A very welcoming homey type atmosphere. Our favourite place to eat in Alberta so far!

• Visited September 2012