“Worst Restaurant Yet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tequila's on Main

Tequila's on Main
Shop GR082 Main Street | Rouse Hill Town Centre, Rouse Hill, Blacktown, New South Wales 2155, Australia
9629 5055
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Worst Restaurant Yet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Christmas Eve and we wanted a nice and easy dinner out before mass. Thai Splendid and Sushi Bay were closed so we crossed Main street where restos were open. Nando's was tempting but Tequila's was something we had never tried before and it seemed to be popular. Really should've stuck with Nando's.

Shoulda, coulda...that kicked in the second we put our order in. This place was confused. For a Mexican restaurant, the menu wasn't right. The decor was more Spanish than Mexican even with splashings of Italian. The music was 80s top 40. I was waiting for Casey Kasem to pipe up. Everything was wrong and I wanted to cancel our order and walk outta there. Well, the kids were settled so I thought I'd take the hit and not ruin Christmas Eve for everyone. So, I took the hit.

The food came. The flour tortillas of my Flautas were nice. Only thing is they put guacamole all over it and the crispiness became sogginess quickly. Fillings...neh. Tacos were well below par. Buffalo Wings had sweet chilli sauce...sweet chilli sauce! Frozen buffalo wings in Coles was heaps better! Can you imagine that? Kids loved the fajita bread which they just filled with cheese and chips. I have truly had tuck-shop food better than this. Sausage sizzle at Bunnings was better than this by a mile!

I kept thinking this is exactly the kind of restaurant that Gordon Ramsay needed to rescue. As we were leaving, I couldn't believe the plaques for awards they got from Restaurant & Catering NSW/ACT and Savour Australia. Seriously? These reviewers must have tongue rash or something. Mad Mex at Blacktown is so much better than this and that like a fast food joint. Hell, Taco Bell is so much better than this.

We told our friends and they relayed their own terrible experiences. It remains popular though which makes me think it's because many Aussies just don't know any better. That or they're just there for the booze and to look cool hanging out in a "Mexican" restaurant at a good location. People, look at their cooks...not a single Mexican in there.

I've tried it. It's crap. I've paid the price. Now you know, you don't have to.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

30% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Good restaurant, pleasant for couples”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Better to sit inside as outside has traffic constantly going past and there are always smokers outside. Good food but noisy if lots of children.

“A bit dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The service was not good but the food was ok as long as you like Mexican, some of the meals were really hot!

Visited September 2012
Northmead, Australia
“Not bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Alright food was served. The staff was somewhat friendly with a good menu. Was not sure of the manager though.

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome, Friendly & Considerate Staff - Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We decided to try Tequila's on Main for our friend's catch up venue. Since we drove to the place & I was the designated Driver, I decided not to have any hard drinks. The staff was considerate enough to let me cheers with water in a shot glass so it didnt look like I wasnt enjoying. technically I enjoyed so much that I was became "Passive Drunk". I really had a good time and staff was very delightfull. They always had a smile on their faces and that made the environment so much easier to enjoy.
Only reason I am giving 4/5 (I would rate it 4.5/5, but Cant do that) is because food was average. But I have no regrets, as I enjoyed myself and everyone else quiet throughly.

Would really like to Thank Gerome (I hope I got his name right!) at the bar. it was very thoughtful of him to serve me water in Tequila glass for cheersing.

I would recommend it if you are not too fussy about food and more about enjoying the company and environment.

PS: since we just walked in and waited to be seated at the bar for 10 mins, I am not sure if you can reserve.

• Visited July 2012