“Lovely place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hardstoft
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Only 10 minutes' drive from the M1 motorway, the Shoulder at Hardstoft is a 300-year-old coach house set in quiet Derbyshire countryside. Local cask ales are available in the pub and lounge area, whilst local produce is served in the award-winning restaurant. Free parking is available on-site. A flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities feature in each modern room. All rooms also have a private bathroom with a selection of toiletries and a shower. Free Wi-Fi is accessible throughout. With a roaring log fire during the winter months, the bar also offers light meals and snacks. Continental breakfast, fresh fish dishes and a grill menu are available in the bright and airy restaurant. All food is locally sourced with a British tapas theme. A packed lunch can also be prepared. The Shoulder at Hardstoft is 15 minutes' drive from Chesterfield or Mansfield town centres and 35 minutes from Sheffield or Derby. Hardwick Hall and the Five Pits trail are within 2 miles while the Peak District is 30 minutes' drive from the property.
Stoke On Trent
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Only had a drink in this place but it was lovely. There was a wedding on which gutted us as we wanted to have our lunch and evening meal there and couldn't. Would book a table in advance as I have a feeing this place get busy but defo worth a try if I go that way again I will give it a go. My parents hae been and raved about it.

Visited March 2013

England
“Mother's Day lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely Mothers Day lunch at The Shoulder. It is the first visit for many a year. The food was excellent quality and the special menu had so much to choose from. Quite a number in our party had the roast beef, which was magnificent. It was cooked to order and no one was disappointed.
If I had just one negative comment to make, the food could have been a little warmer for me, but as I didn't mention it at the time, I only have myself to blame! The staff were very polite and attentive.
Would recommend you give it a try if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“My birthday celebrations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked a party of 17 for a meal into the shoulder to celebrate my 30th birthday party and was very very pleased with the sort of service we recieved in booking my meal, confirming a pre order of the meals, very well set out table and where our table was located as it felt like our own little private party! The staff couldn't do enough and the wait time was acceptable given the size of our party and the pub was busy with other customers too! Thank you to all the staff for making my party a memorable one!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We've been to the Shoulder a few times now, and it never disappoints. It's not the cheapest food you'll find, but you will struggle to find food as nice as this in the area. Simple pub grub this is not. The menu offers a great choice of meat, fish & vegetarian options. All of which are superbly presented & certainly the ones we've tried, taste great. The staff are always friendly and the decor is very clean & stylish. My only tiny negative comment... Sometimes we've been and the place has been very quiet/empty, but maybe we just picked a quiet day?

Overall this is an excellent place to find top quality food.

s o t
“Superb setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very well furnished, excellent staff and superb food - we loved it.
We would have gone again on our second night but they were full due to a wedding reception.

Visited February 2013