“Lovely day out” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1925 564281
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Peak Outdoor Training deliver navigation courses, mountain bike courses and tours, canoeing courses, guided walks all year round across the Peak District.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I took my work team on a rock climbing day with Alan and team. We all had a great experience, which was fun and inclusive for people of all abilities. We kicked off at the arranged start time and received plenty of tuition on the equipment.

The instructors were helpful and encouraging, whilst also creating a fun atmosphere. Our event took place at the Roaches, which was a dramatic and interesting location. Alan took a small party of non-climbers for a walk around the area.

Only down side - we wish someone had warned us to bring bug spray!!!

Visited July 2012
AlanLittle700, Owner at Peak Outdoor Training, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Sylvie thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for us. All of the team enjoyed working with you and the team during your corporate adventure day.

Please let me know if we can help you in future

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Mountain Biking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

A great introduction to mountain biking in the Peak District. Learnt so much that will of definitely improved my biking skills but also seeing so much of the Peak Disitrct. I'll be back in the spring to do the intermediate award as well.

Visited August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in 2014

“Brillant experince”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have just been on a 2 hour rock climbing course for beginners with my husband and 6 year old daughter. The two instructors sam and ian were very good. Helping us with equipment and explaining what to do. We also had a little history lesson about New Mills. Alan was also there giving helpful advice and assisting the instructors. It was a great day out.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your climbing experience.

I really appreciate your comments and am glad you enjoyed the session. Please feel free to come back in 2014.

Derby, United Kingdom
“More interested in his mobile phone than looking after my kids!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We arrived about 15 minutes before our experience was due to start..as the directions given were not very clear. The organisers arrived after us at 10am (the booked start time) and told us to go for a walk for 15 minutes while they set up!! When we returned there was just one man (the other was nowhere to be seen - discovered later he was still setting up part of the experience at the top of the climb). Because there was only one man...my boys found themselves very bored very quickly because they were left to their own devices while the company owner helped others to set up their first climb. Eventually it was my boys turn and the 2nd man returned and took over the management of the other group. During the climb my youngest son froze half way up and struggled to move any further and while his reaction to this experience was by no means the fault of the company the reaction of the company owner to him was inexscusable!. He obviously has no patience with youngesters who struggle. He stood at the bottom of the rope...texting (*disbelief) while my eldest son and husband had to shout up and offer words of encouragement and support to try and coax him either on or down. This went on for some 5 minutes whilst my son was struggling and the 'trainer' paid him absolutely NO attention whatever! Eventually the 'trainer' walked away and got his colleague to come and try and help my son down. All due respect to the 2nd man .... he was very good, patient and talked my son down well and encouraged him after his experience! My eldest enjoyed the climb and wishes to pursue further training...but we will not be using this company or recommending it to anyone else - quite the opposite in fact!

Visited July 2012
I am very sorry that you were not happy with the experience. We were delayed starting the session as we found a issue at the crag which we had to resolve. I also apologise if I had not fully explained this and that the two instructors were running the climbing whilst I worked in the background to meet clients and help a client who could not find the venue by speaking to them on the phone.

We value your feedback and have made changes. Please feel free to return for a free session with us as we are confident we can meet are usual excellent standards.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Never pre-pay for a voucher(s) from this company!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I purchased two pre-paid vouchers for mountain biking training course run by this company from a well known discount voucher website (Groupon, although other websites exist!). I was hugely disappointed that the company did not seem remotely interested in fulfilling the deal. The proprietor was very sticky about and in the end failed to accept our booking despite there being very clear instructions from the well-known website about exactly how to redeem the pre-paid voucher. After three weeks of sporadic correspondance including many ignored calls, answerphone messages and emails, I sent the vouchers via email (however this was deemed unacceptable) and then later via recorded delivery as the proprieter insisted that he had the vouchers PRIOR to confirming our booking. This was completely at odds with how these vouchers operate usually, I have used at many establishments where a professional is booked for an appointment. The company did not even bother to collect the vouchers sent via recorded delivery during a 10 day period and Royal Mail subsequently returned the item to me as it was uncollected and unopened. I was very disappointed with this complete lack of customer service shown by this company. Particularly in these tough economic times, such businesses will not be rewarded for such poor service and lack of professionalism. Next time I choose another outdoor training course for us and our friends or work colleagues, I will choose a different reputed company who I know value my business and more importantly my money. I would NEVER pay this company up front again!

Visited June 2012
I am very sorry that we did not receive your vouchers and would also like to offer you a free session in 2014 to compensate for the experience. I have made changes to the admin systems to simplify bookings and we apologise unreservedly.