“family stay at shaw farm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Mills
Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park
You added Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park to your Saves list
Shaw Farm, New Mills SK22 4QE, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clunderwen, United Kingdom
“family stay at shaw farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Wow!!what a find,so lucky we found it.we spent the week here with other family in another caravan.a real home from home.loved the setting,farm was great too.great area to discover and a brilliant base to discover the peak district in general.will most defiantly be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NickyBurgess, Owner at Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Hi Karen, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky as the area is packed full of stuff to see and do, I've lived here my whole life and still have a long list of places I want to visit but haven't got around to yet! Hope to see you again in the future - Graham Burgess

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Well...after looking for somewhere family friendly to stay for 2 nights, I stumbled upon Shaw Farm and was a bit unsure until I read the reviews on here and then I decided to book it! I emailed them and got a very prompt friendly response. We had no problems finding the farm as the details provided from the website were fantastic. The caravan was well equipped and my 2 year old loved the childrens play area and wondering around the farm, chatting to the free roaming chickens and the dog! We would definitely return and this is a great place for families. For the price we paid for the 2 night stay, we were very happy. It was so quiet and peaceful and the views were fantastic!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your short break with us. I liked your comment about our dog, it can definitely be described as free range as it likes to wander about the farm by itself all day. Luckily it seems to entertain itself and stays away from people and doesn't pester, unlike our previous hound who used to go around the Caravans looking for anyone who it thought might want to make it a bacon butty every morning! Hope to see you again - Graham Burgess
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Caravan 5 was superb! Had everything we needed to be comfortable. Owner was very helpful especially when the toaster blew a fuse! A replacement was provided within a few hours. We spent a nice peaceful few days there and the weather was good. The Millennium Walkway and Hydro in New Mills are well worth the visit. Also Chatsworth House was amazing! Hope to return later in the year so we can visit Lyme Park.

Room Tip: I can recommend caravan 5.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NickyBurgess, Manager at Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thanks for your review, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We now keep a supply of spare toasters, kettles, microwaves etc as even though we have them tested they always seem to break on a Sunday or when we are busy on the farm! At least it was only a fuse so easy to fix. They have made a really nice job of the riverside park in New Mills where the hydro scheme and millennium walkway are and I enjoy going there myself. If you look down to the right of the weir from the millennium walkway you will often see the resident heron waiting for a fish to leap into its beak!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Me and my family have stayed in caravan 6 on a few occasions, it's a very nice comfortable caravan with double glazing and good heating.
I got exactly what was advertised, a warm welcome on arrival and a very comfortable well equipped caravan with great views.
We enjoyed being on a working farm and especially seeing the cows and new calves.
It's our place now to have a nice relaxing break away.
Will be back very soon

Louise Hall in Timperley, Cheshire

• Stayed January 2014
Hi Louise thanks for the review - Graham Burgess
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a long weekend in Caravan 3 in mid January. We were very pleased with the accommodation which was spotlessly clean, very well equipped with all the essentials, and it was exactly as described on the website.
Having read a disparaging review from Ian B I defend Shaw Farm vigorously. My husband has OCD and would have been the first to complain had anything been dirty within the caravan. I have lived in the country all my life and I consider that the working farm was both well ordered and organised.
George and Nicky were delightful and did all they could to make us welcome. They'd even put the heating on before we arrived which is something we have never encountered before. A lovely touch.
As it was mid January we expected the Peak District to be a bit chilly and we therefoe equipped ourselves appropriately. Had we been less hardy folk we would have booked one of the double glazed, centrally heated vans with underfloor insulation.
We really didn't want to leave, but we had to return to work. As soon as we can get more time off we will be booking our next trip to Shaw Farm.
Van 3 is an older van but it is beautifully maintained and it is an absolute bargain. The views are spectacular. We couldn't have asked for anything more for our money.
Thank you Nicky and George - we will return soon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NickyBurgess, Manager at Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to keep the caravans and farm as clean and tidy as possible but we have come to accept that we cannot keep everyone happy! Look forward to seeing you again in the future - Graham Burgess
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a wonderful stay over the New year period. We staid in Caravan number 5 which was very spacious for 4 adults and one teenager. The views are fantastic and we enjoyed visiting the cows and lottie the horse. Farmer George is very helpful, friendly and flexible and is willing to go the extra mile. We suffered car problems and George was their to help. We would highly recomend a stay at shaw farm and we intend to return in the Summer.
The caravans are well equipped with cooking utensils, the shower has continuous hot water and the heating is more than ample. We could not have asked for anything else has everything has been thought of, Thank you George and Nicky for a wonderful time and we look forward to our return :-)

Room Tip: Can highly recommend caravan number 5
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NickyBurgess, Owner at Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. My dad George was more than happy to help you get your car going again and I hope you made it home OK! Look forward to seeing you again in the summer - Graham Burgess
Diss
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I usually take a week away at Easter and usually stay in Yorkshire, this year we decided to go somewhere different. We decided to go to the Peak District andbooked a weeks holiday around Easter at Shaw Farm. It was very cold with snow on the ground but the caravan did not help. The caravan was old and dirty, the heating was not up to the job, I spent the nights fully dressed complete with coat and was still cold. The location of this site is exposed so the caravans should have better heating and double glazing. The farm was messy (I know working farms are not clean places) but there was rubbish and junk just lying about. We had had enough by day 5 and left early as did another family staying at the time. The area was lovely, New Mills delightful, but Shaw Farm and the grotty caravan ruined our holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NickyBurgess, Manager at Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hi Ian

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us in April 2013. You stayed in Caravan 3 which is one of our older Caravans so it does not have double glazing or full central heating. There is a gas fire in the lounge and electric panel heaters in each room but as it was such awful weather for the time of year I'm not surprised to hear it was cold in there. If you had come to ask us we do have extra blankets and duvets available plus a couple of electric heaters which could have helped. We do try to put as much detail as possible on our website about what facilities each Caravan has and make it very clear the two new Luxury Caravans have much better heating systems than the older ones. We even had a few people who decided not to come and stay with us as the weather was so bad and we gave them partial refunds. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about the weather although I'm glad to say since the cold Spring the weather has been fantastic this year.

We do not currently intend to replace the older Caravans yet as we have many visitors who appreciate our low prices. It is expensive to replace a Caravan, if we were to do so we would obviously have to charge more and so many people would not be able to afford to stay with us.

Regards the cleanliness of the farm, we were doing some major building work on a new shed last Spring so I agree there was some mess and building materials lying about. However the area around the Caravans was not directly affected, and none of the Caravans overlooked the area we were working on. The new building is almost finished so we will be using our quiet period during Jan and Feb to properly tidy up the farm so it will hopefully be looking much better this coming Spring!

Finally I'm very sorry to hear you thought the Caravan was dirty, we had a couple of similar complaints this Spring about this, especially with regards to the Caravans smelling of smoke. We have taken steps to improve this situation and have made it much clearer to guests that we do not accept smoking in any of our Caravans. We have received many positive comments over the summer about how clean the Caravans have been so I hope we have now got on top of this problem.

Thanks - Graham Burgess

Been to Shaw Farm Static Caravan Park? Share your experiences!