“Awful owner” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 11 Attractions in Los Barriles
Type: Tours, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Quadman has a wide variety of top line 4 seater side by sides, and 2 seater ATV'S. Offering daily and weekly rentals, customized to fit your budget. All units are set up with storage cases, fishing rod holders and coolers upon request. Fishing, tackle and snorkelling gear are available for rent. Friendly english speaking staff will provide you with everything you need to make this a vacation to remember.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awful owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Owner (Ron? Ray?) was a total jerk. We were getting all set up and ready to go and he's yelling to one of the other guys at the place at the top of his lungs about the guy screwing up some deposit or something. Really left a bad impression as to this guy's business. Wife thought the guy was a d-bag, too, and she's usually not critical of most people. Rental itself was OK at best. First time down in BCS so could have used more direction or advice on where to go. Brief directions we were provided were awful and ended up costing us more time than it was worth. Only pro was the $$$, cheaper than the place across the street, but probably not worth the lower price to deal with an operation like this. If we come back to BCS, we won't come back to Quadman.

Visited May 2013

“Problems with quads. 2 years in a row! Be careful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with Quadman. In two years we have rented quads two out of three we have had problems with. Suggest maybe renting a jeep or another location to rent. We got out money back however lost a day of fishing and were told to rent from a business up the street that charges a lot more. But if you don't want to break down and get quality customer service I strongly suggest look else where. Very disappointing! No compensation and very aggressive!

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
“Be prepared to be ripped off.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Far more expensive than a four wheel drive and the owner thinks nothing of changing the story and lying about what was said. I would stay away from this crook and go across the street to the other rental agency.

Los Angeles, California
59 attraction reviews
“Good price, good ATV, helpful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Their ATVs aren't as new as the competitor's up the road but still in good condition and their rental rate ($99 for 8 hours) much more reasonable. We were provided safety instructions and a map of areas of interest. We took it into the arroyo and found a waterfall (after many wrong turns, it was actually so much easier to find that we thought and if we had taken a more direct route would have found it sooner). We also went up and own the beach and had a great time. My only rather minor complaint is that we arrived about one hour before closing time and there was no one to hand the keys to. We had to hang around for an hour until someone showed up. I just wished they had told us that before we left. Other than that, no complaints.

Bay Area, Ca.
4 attraction reviews
“Obscure Owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The wife and I decide to rent an off-road vehicle today and go touring the "back hills" of the Los Barriles area. I searched Tripadvisor looking for the best bet in the area and I found Quadman's reviews and thought I'd give it a shot. We arrived at the location just as they opened for the day and met with Arturo. Arturo was wonderful and made everything pleasant. He thoughly demonstrated the use of the machine and explained how to reach various destinations. I was opening the hood while conducting a review of the Rhino when all of the sudden, a truck stops right in the middle of the main road. A guy jumps out and runs over to me yelling "Hey... hey... hey... STOP, what are you doing?!? Get out of there, why are you opening that?!" Then asks me if I was renting. I said yes as he slams the hood closed. He tells me that nobody has ever opened the hood before. I'm thinking what the heck is this??? I find out that this is Ronald, the propritor of the business. I introduced myself and he still seemed angered. I was thinking that he was going to tell us to leave! Oh well, he left and we got in the Rhino and departed with a very bad impression. Once again, Arturo was fabulous but with the unfreindly reception from the owner, we will no longer rent from Quadman again. We will support the local economy via a different operator.