“Simply Outstanding Nuevo Vallarta Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa La Estancia

You added Villa La Estancia to your Saves list
Villa La Estancia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo Cocoteros 750 Sur | Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
vancouver, canada
“Simply Outstanding Nuevo Vallarta Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Thank you Tripadvisor for helping us choose this hotel for our honeymoon! This was an outstanding experience and I am so grateful to the website and fellow travellers for giving us the idea to go here.

This hotel is outstanding for a number of reasons. Firstly, the staff are all amazing! Everyone was friendly, helpful, and appeared to genuinely enjoy working there. From check in to check out, A+ service all around. The concierges were excellent. Pool staff were great. Waiters were fantastic. Everyone tolerated our attempts to speak spanish with smile on their faces.

Secondly, the food was fantastic! This for me was the big difference between this hotel and all the others in mexico I have been to. The resturant, La Casona, served amazing steaks and incredible desserts (must try the chocolate exxtravaganza! and the spanish coffee, which involves alcohol being lit on fire and poured, with great skill!). Breakfast was equally delicious. The poolside resturant/ pool bar was also amazing. Really outstanding choices, the best ceviche ever, I had this every single day, they changed the menu every 3 days. Drinks were outstanding and not watered down at all! We also checked out the mexican resturant next door at sister resort, this was very tasty (beef enchiladas were great! had it twice. and the mexican grill) and the italian resturant was extremely good (best beef ravioli I have ever had!). Service was very quick there and courteous. I have read complaints about the buffet resturant, honestly I thought the food there was great and the variety of foods at dinner was quite amazing. There was always loads of fresh fruit, at least 4 types of fresh juices, western and mexican menu choices.

We did the all-inclusive package, which I thought was a great deal. The prices of the food is comparable to north america but expensive by mexican standards. The package also included a 1/2 hour salt scrub at the spa, which was amazing (I wish they sold the scrub, alas they did not)! if you are into spas, this hotel has an amazing one! Such a beautiful restful atmosphere. They have seperate male and female hydrotherapy areas, which include great jacuzzi hot tub indoors, cold plunge pool, rainshowers, dry and wet saunas, and a great lounging area with cucumber flavoured water, snacks, and fashion magazines to read. You can access the hydrotherapy facilities daily as needed. Norma did my massage- she was fantastic! very professional and lovely.

All inclusive package also included a city tour, which is normally at least $30/ person. This was fun to get to the city and see things with a guide, got to famous sights including malecon, Our Lady of Guadelupe church, local suburbs, hillsides, Los Arcos, Tequila tasting. Super fun and interesting!

The hotel facilities are spotless. The grounds are extremely beautiful. There is a great variety of plants, flowers, coconut palms, papaya trees,even banana trees. A number of iguanas live on the property and sometimes even go swim in the pool! it was so fun to look at them, made things interesting.
The beach is brown sand, very beautiful, no rocks in this area, usually safe swimming for adults and bigger kids. Great for boogie boarding. Hotel had boards you could borrow.
The entire area is very safe. security was watching the pool and grounds constantly.
We came the last week of nov/ first week of dec, very low occupancy at hotel, which meant lots of space in pool and beach.

WIth the all inclusive package, tips for waitstaff were "included" but they still present you with a bill at the end of each meal anyways with room for tip. The service was so outstanding, I actually felt compelled to tip extra regardless. If you tip an extra 10% of the bill, it would only be a few dollars, so really not a big deal in my opinion. If you have the $ to fly all the way to mexico and stay in a posh resort, you should not begrudge the $20 a day extra and besides it makes a huge difference to people who are trying to make a living by catering to your needs. The hotel also allots $3.50 a day extra fee to be given to behind the scenes workers (housekeeping, gardeners, etc) but they are up front about this charge when you check in,and you can opt out of it if you want to. It is not dishonest at all. I think it is a great idea. While we were there, hotel had a "tree lighting ceremony" for christmas, and invited all staff to have punch and gingerbread, and some local children came to sing for guests. Very touching experience.

Overall, had an amazing time, can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cobos2000, General Manager at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

Please allow me to thank you for sharing such a detailed review, which will be of great help to all readers who are planning their future vacations at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta. It fills me with great joy to know that you were able to enjoy not only a great service, but also the variety and quality of our restaurants, bars and gym facilities during your stay.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you on a near future.
Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season to you and your family!

Best regards
rcobos@villagroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was one of the best resorts I've ever stayed at in my life and I couldn't be happier. I would love to give this resort 5/5 but I have to give it a 4/5 because of a few issues. When booking the hotel on Expedia (which may be an Expedia problem anyway) there were two identical Ultra Inclusive plan options, but one was $500 more than the other. Nobody could explain the difference to us either at Expedia or VLE but because it was our honeymoon we didn't want to run into any problems, so we paid for the more expensive option. Then on arrival, we found out this "Ultra Inclusive" option still requires you to sign a bill every 45 minutes for any food or drinks you consume, and tip the staff despite the package saying tips were included. When we inquired, the front desk staff said the included tip is only 5% and you should tip extra unless the service was horrible. After paying an extra $500 to avoid any hassles we ended up spending another $150-200 on tips by the end of the week. When they charge $16 per drink at the pool bar, the bills can get pretty expensive, so paying an extra ~10% on your bills (to make it 15% tip) does add up. One of the reasons I like All Inclusive resorts is that you don't have to sign for anything or pay for anything, and have all of that hassle, so this was a bit of an annoyance.

Also, we did mention it was our honeymoon a few times and we would have appreciated a bottle of champagne or even just a card or something to congratulate us and make our stay a little more special.

Now that I have that off my chest, it is really an incredible location and one of the best vacations I've ever had. The food is absolutely amazing, way better than what you'd expect at an All Inclusive resort. When we visited the resort was quite empty, which is nice if you want to get away from the party atmosphere of other resorts. The suites are as beautiful as you see in the photographs. Two bathrooms and two showers, a separate bedroom, full service kitchen, living room, and large patio area. The staff are all excellent and extremely friendly from start to finish, and made us feel at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone as long as they're aware of the issues with their All Inclusive option. If we go back we may decide to skip that option and use the amazing amenities in the villa to cook, or go into town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review and for mentioning so many positive elements you were able to experience at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our personalized service, delicious food and excellent pool facilities.
I appreciate your kind words and recommendations for future travelers; we are looking forward on having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Danville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just back from 10 days at this fabulous resort, our third visit in the past three years. I cannot rave enough about the accommodations (huge, beautiful 1BR suite), the grounds, the amenities, the food and, most of all, the service and employees of the resort, many of whom have been there for all three of our visits. The rap on many all inclusive resorts is the quality of the food and the alcoholic beverages...not the case at VLE. It's fine dining restaurant, La Casona, is among the best I have ever experienced...anywhere. The steaks and seafood are simply outstanding, both in the quality and the preparation. You can eat at La Casona, their lunch restaurant/swim up bar, La Parilla or at the two restaurants at the sister hotel next door, Villa Palmar del Flamingos. You can also have all your meals in your room if that is your choice. The fitness center/gym is so immaculate you could eat off the floor. The Tatewari Spa is world class...second to none. Even if you are on the all-inclusive plan, don't miss out on dining at the many fabulous reaturants in Bucerias, a twent minute walk or 5 minute cab ride north of the resort. Our favorites include Mezzogiorno, El Brujo, Rosa Restaurante Mexicano (beware the mosquitos), Dugarel Plays, La Provence, Karen's Place, Mark's and Yo Yo Mo's for your favorite sporting event. Needless to say, we will be back and check out the amazing deal on Luxury Link.

Room Tip: I prefer 7th floor or above.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

It is with enormous happiness that I express my sincere gratefulness for sharing these generous comments about our staff and the services provided during your stay with us at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta.
It is a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants, bars, Spa, pool facilities and especially that our staff provided outstanding service.
We are looking forward to having you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations again.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Unbelievable luxury getaway with incomparable views and service. I have nothing negative to say about this place. We had a 2,000+ sqft two bedroom suite with an oceanview that was more than comfortable enough. Ultra luxurious bathrooms, great kitchen, gorgeous wrought iron entry / privacy gate to room. All this, and the prices were very reasonable for a high end resort even in December!!!! We did NOT choose the all-inclusive and that turned out great for us. The food was not that expensive on site (and was really good food, too). We went to nearby major grocery store and loaded up on food and beverages as well. The place is overall quiet and relaxing with pictureqsue views; the clientele is appropiately behaved; the beach is clean and beautiful. Very highly recommend.

Room Tip: Highest floor you can get
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. All of us at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta are truly grateful for the honor you gave us being our guests.
It’s a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. I am very pleased to read your detailed review of our team, services and facilities and I know my staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Receive my warmest thoughts and whishes for this holiday season!

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a five night stay at this property. Villa La Estancia provided us with the type of getaway we had hoped for after having to deal with the aftermath
of Hurricane Sandy back on the east coast. We checked into a one bedroom unit which was both spacious and beautifully decorated. The unit consisted of a full kitchen, dining area, living room, master bedroom along with a large master bath, and a second bathroom with shower. The oversized balcony overlooked the property and the ocean. Sunsets were great. As for the food, we ordered room service several times and were given an approximate delivery time of 30-35 minutes which was on the money every time. We also dined at La Casona which is located off the lobby. The menu was inviting and the service attentive. On one evening, we visited the sister property next door and dined at the Mexican restaurant. The two pork dishes we ordered were outstanding. I cannot say enough about the staff. It felt like everyone went out of their way to ensure you were taken care of. I tipped throughout my stay and thought it was money well earned by the employees. If you are looking for round the clock activities and crowds, this is not the place for you. If you are seeking an upscale, beautifully kept beachfront resort, then Villa La Estancia is a great choice.......

Room Tip: Upper floor in main building looks directly out over the ocean....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta lived up to your expectations in every aspect of such a relaxing vacation: restaurants, bars, resort facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service which is the greatest and probably the most important element of our resort.
We are looking forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a treat, very spacious apartments, great views and lovely quiet beaches where you can walk for miles in either direction, north or south. Very close to Bucerias where there are many choices of good restaurants. We were so lucky that we got to meet the actress Angela Bassett and her lovely husband, also an actor , Courtney Vance....what a thrill Villa La Estancia is a winner

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta exceeded your expectations.
Our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be.
It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay

Poway, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Villa la Estancia is a beautiful hotel. Lovely lobby, great pool, beach and beautiful rooms. Everything is wonderful, except for the check out process. Watch out! They try to steal and cheat.

First of all, they added $3.50 per room per day "tip" for the "workers behind the scenes". Seriously??? Because management is too cheap to pay their workers, I need to? I understand tipping waiters, pool boys, bell men and maid, but the laundry? The guys who mow the lawn?? Seriously? I complained and had that taken off.

Next, they "forgot" to add in my $200 food and beverage credit that I had on the reservation. After an initial denial, I showed them their paperwork and they agreed to credit 2,094 pesos. I said that, at the current exchange rate, that was only $161, not $200. The first claim was that I needed to spend more than $200 to get the credit. After carefully showng them that I spent almost $500, they claimed that their "policy" is to only give 10 pesos for the dollar, not the 13.2 market rate. (Even this math didn't work out.)

After that, Angel at the front desk pulled the "no compende" garbage and his English suddenly turned bad. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of fighting these guys, I had to catch my flight. Unfortunately, I'll have to dispute the Visa bill now.

Great hotel; dishonest management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I thank you for taking the time to share your review, your feedback is very important for us, I lament that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I was very much concerned by your review and disappointment faced during your check out. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.
We all will be very grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back and present you the significant improvements made due to the valuable suggestions addressed.

Cordially
rcobos@villagroup.com

Been to Villa La Estancia? Share your experiences!