“Just Gets Better And Better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa La Estancia

Save Saved
You added Villa La Estancia to your Saves list
Villa La Estancia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo Cocoteros 750 Sur | Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Danville, CA
“Just Gets Better And Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just back from 10 days at this fabulous resort, our third visit in the past three years. I cannot rave enough about the accommodations (huge, beautiful 1BR suite), the grounds, the amenities, the food and, most of all, the service and employees of the resort, many of whom have been there for all three of our visits. The rap on many all inclusive resorts is the quality of the food and the alcoholic beverages...not the case at VLE. It's fine dining restaurant, La Casona, is among the best I have ever experienced...anywhere. The steaks and seafood are simply outstanding, both in the quality and the preparation. You can eat at La Casona, their lunch restaurant/swim up bar, La Parilla or at the two restaurants at the sister hotel next door, Villa Palmar del Flamingos. You can also have all your meals in your room if that is your choice. The fitness center/gym is so immaculate you could eat off the floor. The Tatewari Spa is world class...second to none. Even if you are on the all-inclusive plan, don't miss out on dining at the many fabulous reaturants in Bucerias, a twent minute walk or 5 minute cab ride north of the resort. Our favorites include Mezzogiorno, El Brujo, Rosa Restaurante Mexicano (beware the mosquitos), Dugarel Plays, La Provence, Karen's Place, Mark's and Yo Yo Mo's for your favorite sporting event. Needless to say, we will be back and check out the amazing deal on Luxury Link.

Room Tip: I prefer 7th floor or above.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cobos2000, General Manager at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

It is with enormous happiness that I express my sincere gratefulness for sharing these generous comments about our staff and the services provided during your stay with us at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta.
It is a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants, bars, Spa, pool facilities and especially that our staff provided outstanding service.
We are looking forward to having you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations again.

554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Unbelievable luxury getaway with incomparable views and service. I have nothing negative to say about this place. We had a 2,000+ sqft two bedroom suite with an oceanview that was more than comfortable enough. Ultra luxurious bathrooms, great kitchen, gorgeous wrought iron entry / privacy gate to room. All this, and the prices were very reasonable for a high end resort even in December!!!! We did NOT choose the all-inclusive and that turned out great for us. The food was not that expensive on site (and was really good food, too). We went to nearby major grocery store and loaded up on food and beverages as well. The place is overall quiet and relaxing with pictureqsue views; the clientele is appropiately behaved; the beach is clean and beautiful. Very highly recommend.

Room Tip: Highest floor you can get
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. All of us at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta are truly grateful for the honor you gave us being our guests.
It’s a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. I am very pleased to read your detailed review of our team, services and facilities and I know my staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Receive my warmest thoughts and whishes for this holiday season!

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a five night stay at this property. Villa La Estancia provided us with the type of getaway we had hoped for after having to deal with the aftermath
of Hurricane Sandy back on the east coast. We checked into a one bedroom unit which was both spacious and beautifully decorated. The unit consisted of a full kitchen, dining area, living room, master bedroom along with a large master bath, and a second bathroom with shower. The oversized balcony overlooked the property and the ocean. Sunsets were great. As for the food, we ordered room service several times and were given an approximate delivery time of 30-35 minutes which was on the money every time. We also dined at La Casona which is located off the lobby. The menu was inviting and the service attentive. On one evening, we visited the sister property next door and dined at the Mexican restaurant. The two pork dishes we ordered were outstanding. I cannot say enough about the staff. It felt like everyone went out of their way to ensure you were taken care of. I tipped throughout my stay and thought it was money well earned by the employees. If you are looking for round the clock activities and crowds, this is not the place for you. If you are seeking an upscale, beautifully kept beachfront resort, then Villa La Estancia is a great choice.......

Room Tip: Upper floor in main building looks directly out over the ocean....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta lived up to your expectations in every aspect of such a relaxing vacation: restaurants, bars, resort facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service which is the greatest and probably the most important element of our resort.
We are looking forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a treat, very spacious apartments, great views and lovely quiet beaches where you can walk for miles in either direction, north or south. Very close to Bucerias where there are many choices of good restaurants. We were so lucky that we got to meet the actress Angela Bassett and her lovely husband, also an actor , Courtney Vance....what a thrill Villa La Estancia is a winner

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta exceeded your expectations.
Our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be.
It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay

Poway, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Villa la Estancia is a beautiful hotel. Lovely lobby, great pool, beach and beautiful rooms. Everything is wonderful, except for the check out process. Watch out! They try to steal and cheat.

First of all, they added $3.50 per room per day "tip" for the "workers behind the scenes". Seriously??? Because management is too cheap to pay their workers, I need to? I understand tipping waiters, pool boys, bell men and maid, but the laundry? The guys who mow the lawn?? Seriously? I complained and had that taken off.

Next, they "forgot" to add in my $200 food and beverage credit that I had on the reservation. After an initial denial, I showed them their paperwork and they agreed to credit 2,094 pesos. I said that, at the current exchange rate, that was only $161, not $200. The first claim was that I needed to spend more than $200 to get the credit. After carefully showng them that I spent almost $500, they claimed that their "policy" is to only give 10 pesos for the dollar, not the 13.2 market rate. (Even this math didn't work out.)

After that, Angel at the front desk pulled the "no compende" garbage and his English suddenly turned bad. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of fighting these guys, I had to catch my flight. Unfortunately, I'll have to dispute the Visa bill now.

Great hotel; dishonest management.

Dear Guest:

I thank you for taking the time to share your review, your feedback is very important for us, I lament that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I was very much concerned by your review and disappointment faced during your check out. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.
We all will be very grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back and present you the significant improvements made due to the valuable suggestions addressed.

Cordially
Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just finished yet another great trip to Villa La Estancia. As always, the facilities and grounds are beautifully manicured and the iguanas are well behaved. Unlike other resorts, VLE never feels crowded and provides a quiet upscale experience for the traveler weary of the thumping, frenetic pool activity elsewhere. However, it is really the people of Estancia that make the resort. Miguel, Luis, Leo, Angel, Maryela, Alonso, Gabriel and Juan Jose to name only a few create a welcoming environment that draws us back again and again.

Dear Guest:

I deeply appreciate this detailed and wonderful review about Villa La Estancia Nuevo Vallarta, which will help readers to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation.
It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for all your kind comments.
We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Sincerely
Long Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just returned from a one week vacation with my wife and two daughters. We chose Puerto Vallarta because of the warm November weather and Villa Estancia after having had an excellent vacation at a sister property in Los Cabos earlier this year. The property is beautiful with immaculately maintained grounds and great location right on the beach. You can also use the sister hotel (Flamingos) and restaurants next door and this was a really good breakfast option. We stayed in a one bedroom condo which was also excellent and very large (~1,500 sq/ft).

My concern was very mediocre service. On our first day we had to wait for 2 hours for sheets to be brought for our kids bed, it was a struggle to get a drink or service by the pool and on the one evening we decided to eat at onsite La Casona we had to wait 1.5 hrs to receive appetizers. We did find some nice restaurants in near by Bucerias after talking to some onsite owners, the hotel would only recommend the onsite options.

Dear Guest:

I am greatly concerned on the overall perception you had on the resort due to the inconveniences and discontents faced along the way. Actions have been taken to avoid future issues on these matters.
I hope you give us the opportunity to host you on a near future so we can show you the improvements made due to your feedback.

Sincerely
rcobos@villagroup.com

Been to Villa La Estancia? Share your experiences!