“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa La Estancia

You added Villa La Estancia to your Saves list
Villa La Estancia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo Cocoteros 750 Sur | Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Illinois
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We loved our visit to Villa La Estancia! Its a five start resort all the way. There were two adults and two kids and the service was amazing. Leo and Luis were the best - super great with the kids, which we totally appreciated. We loved the food at the resort - the kids loved the swim up bar and getting smoothies there. The concierge were great at arranging our dolphin tour, pirate ship tour, etc. Very efficient. The guys at the bar were great with the kids too and all of their requests :) Everyone at the resort was so helpful - the guys at the pool were great - quick to help with towels, chairs, and food. Loved the magazines/book rack you could borrow from while at the pool/beach. We also loved the Wii's that you could check out - was fun for the kids in the evenings. The kids loved the hand exfoliation treatment and requested it daily! Leo and Luis were great to oblige them with that and their requests for aromatherapy in the room. The spa was amazing as well. My prenatal massages with Michelle were the BEST! It is the nicest spa I have ever been to - reminds me a lot of a Kohler water spa but I preferred the decor at Villa La Estancia. The entire place is top notch and would love to return. The only "complaint" I might have is that we were unsure what to do in regards to tipping - the service was so great that we felt we should be tipping, despite having an all inclusive package. Wish we could get some direction on that b/c we would hate to not reward the great service. Also, we had a one bedroom suite and I didnt like how the patio was shared with the efficiency suite next door. All that separated us from them was a divider. It didnt end up being an issue this time as it was a pretty quiet family next door but still I could hear their conversations while trying to relax on our part of the patio.

Room Tip: We were in building two - great views and close access to the lobby/your car.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We are seasoned travellers, and we were very impressed with our stay at la estancia. I don't think there's a room without a good view, so that's one aspect you don't have to worry about. As previously mentioned, the service is impeccable! I would definitely recommend the all inclusive, as the restaurant la casona is truly a wonderful dining experience. The only other advice that I can give is to avoid the sister property next door, as the time share pitch is constant and annoying, and we also felt there was some animosity between the two establishments. I've only give a few hotels a 5--la esancia deserves it!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My girlfriend and I went to VLE in March this year and were very pleased. Rooms were well beyond our expectations, the pool was absolutely fantastic (though every once in a while tough to get a chair if you get there late... quick hint - tip the towel guy a little and you'll get well taken care of for your stay. its worth the couple of bucks here and there), grounds were immaculate and service was very friendly. The food was about average. Poolside service, which we used often, was very good and we were happy we went with the all inclusive. We ventured out of the resort twice, once to Puerto Vallarta and another to Salulita (cool little surfing / shopping town about 30 - 40 minutes away) which were fun but we quickly decided to get back poolside. We thought it was a very good value and fantasize about being back by that amazing pool often! Hit the swim up bar, find Hugo and say "dos Macho Margaritas por favor" and you'll be in paradise quickly! However be careful, we quickly learned to exercise a two macho margarita limit!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Just returned from a fabulous 10 day stay and may do it all again in March of next year. The staff at this place is incredible. We were on the all inclusive package and enjoyed the convenience of being able to order whatever we wanted whenever we wanted it including room service. We did dine out a few times as there are so many great restaurants in the area which I will write separate reviews for. We found the food at VLE to be very good and the drinks made well with top shelf liquor. We had some delicious red wine at La Casona which was recommended by Miguel, our waiter, and they even had Pinot Grigio which I found very hard to come by in the grocery stores nearby. Since we have stayed here four previous times, I always return wondering if it will be the same and so far has always been as good as or better than I expected. The maintainence is impeccable---there are no signs of deterioration as we have often noticed in many places in the Carribean---and we have stayed at some very high end properties--both villas and hotels. The units are large, comfortable and very well done with more than ample-sized balconies. What keeps us coming back, however is the staff and we would like to thank the following people for making our stay so great: Dining Rm. (AM) Raul, Enrique, Omar (PM) Miguel, Bernardo Pool: Hugo (the best), Cesar, Juan Jose, and Juan Manuel---there is nothing these guys won't do to help you have a good time. Bellman: Leo, Luis, Miguel----all very helpful and great to talk to----I had bought a painting at the Art Walk in Bucerias and Luis was not satisfied with the manner in which it had been wrapped by the aritist so he voluntarily made a cardboard slipon container to insure it would travel well in my luggage---how often do you find that anywhere----and Nancy and Jasmine in the spa were very good as well. It's the genuine caring and concern for their guests that make these people so very special and professionally unbeatable. Feel free to email me personally with any questions but this place just hits all the high notes for us and the fact that it is so close to golf for my husband makes it even better. As I have noted in some of my previous reviews, I have been a flight attendant for almost 35 years and know a thing or two about good service and how difficult it is to provide for a wide range of people. Villa La Estancia has gotten it right for us every time.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms in Bldg. 2 have straight on ocean views. Higher floors are the best.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Having been frequent travelers to Puerto Vallarta in the past, I decided to take advantage of a Living Social deal for a 4 night all-inclusive--with unlimited massages--at this property in Neuvo Vallarta for myself and my husband. Previous TripAdvisor reviews led me to believe it was a good deal, and it was.

The property is beautiful, the beach is excellent, the service was impeccable, our two room suite could not have been better (even sufficient lighting for reading!), and breakfast was superb. The rest of the food was only average, but we usually had a big breakfast and only one other meal each day. (Do NOT miss the green juice at breakfast. Delicious.)

The spa is very nice. The English spoken here is not as good as in the main resort, (variable with the staff), but the facility is comfortable, clean and inviting. My husband's massages were some of the best he'd ever had. Mine were fine (it's pretty hard to have a bad massage), but nothing spectacular (although one of my massage therapists was excellent).

The resort arranged pick up at the airport, which is nice when everyone is hawking their deals as you depart. It was, however, twice as expensive as the cab we took back to the airport when we left, so you may just want to keep your eyes ahead until you get outside the airport and just hire your own cab. It's about a 20 min. drive north, and our return fare was $18.

We had no reason to leave the resort. We had been in the area before and were uninterested in shopping or sight seeing; we came just for the break and relaxation. The only thing we might have considered would have been dining elsewhere for one meal.

Room Tip: The resort was perhaps 20% full in late November/early December, so they gave us a superb room; 7th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We had an all inclusive package at this resort and it was amazing! The suite was perfect; service was excellent; and food delicious! There were no safety concerns only pure bliss. We plan on returning soon. It made a great honeymoon perfect!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

I have spent my last 4 nights at La Estancia. I can say without hesitation that this place has the best location as not many rooms dont provide you with a view of the daily sunset on the water. The people there make you feel like a royalty. The concierge caught wind that my husband and I were having a romantic night out and when we returned, they had our jucuzzi bath ready for us complete with bubbles and jazmin flowers! The value was awesome as we purchased an all inclusive package. The food there was good as well! As far as I am concerned it doesnt get any better than La Estancia

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Villa La Estancia? Share your experiences!