“Amazing experience, but the cost of photos will exceed your wildest expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Adventure by Vallarta Adventures

Dolphin Adventure by Vallarta Adventures
Paseo de las Palmas No. 39 | Nayarit, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico
1-888-526-2238
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Adventure, by Vallarta Adventures, provides world- class dolphin experiences in beautiful Vallarta. Located in the Nuevo Vallarta marina, our dolphin center offers an unmatched facility to enjoy your marine mammal experience. Designed for guests of all ages and abilities, our award-winning dolphin and sea lion programs offer an intimate encounter and unforgettable experience with some of the ocean’s most incredible animals. During our programs, you will learn about the animals and their behaviors from our expert trainers who are passionate about marine mammals and their work. You will interact with our intelligent, gentle, and playful friends and feel the connection that is created during your encounter. We invite you to join us for the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to Dolphin Adventure and did the dolphin signature swim and the sea lion encounter. It was an amazing experience, with a lot of interaction between the dolphins/sea lions and visitors. We found the dolphin experience to be spectacular. While at the place, they offered us a last minute deal for the sea lions. We took them up on their offer, and were really blown away by the sea lion experience as well. The staff are very professional, courteous, and it is a well run operation.

The main downside was the cost of photos--they wanted to charge $139 for a CD of pictures from the experience for two people!!!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“TRAINER FOR A DAY - "VIP TREATMENT & NONE STOP FUN" -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Well, I would like to start saying that I originally booked this program only for my wife as a late Christmas present and fortunately I had the chance to assist to the small briefing that takes place before all the thrill begins and I mean fortunately because once I listened Ana (the real dolphin's trainer) I could not resist to not taking part in the program. She was very passionate about her job and described all the activities in such an attractive way that I ended buying a ticket for myself. I have to accept that I had my doubts because the price seemed a little bit high but at the end I can assure that it worth’s every single penny.

I have to thank once again to Ana & Sofi for their kindness. As I wrote before I was not prepared with bathing suit or anything and they provided me with a cool wet suit and lockers to store our clothes. Once we got ready, the program started with a signature dolphin’s swim where you have interaction with 2 dolphins; next we did some kayaking where we have the chance to participate in the real training of a sea lion, they showed us some basic signals and how they prepare the animals to follow the signals and gain their trust. It is so complex!!. - The guys make us feel like we where part of the staff and treated us very kindly, next we did the DUBA program, which gives you the chance to swim underwater with sea lions and dolphins. This activity is amazing; I have no words to describe the magic of being with the dolphins in their own environment, it is so impressive to see them move, jump and realize their tricks from below…it is just mesmerizing. Plus when they brought the sea lion to play with us underwater was amazing!, honestly I have no words. And when I say underwater is for real, you are connected to an oxygen line that gives you the chance to be all the time underwater; even if you are not a diver you could qualify to do this activity, the dive master (sorry I forgot your name!!) is very patient and tells you all the tricks to keep calm and how to breath in order to enjoy fully this experience. Also I would like to add that during the hole program you are accompanied by your great mates Ana & Sofi whose are willing to fulfill any query or doubt regarding the activities and the characteristics of the animals involved.

Once you finish the DUBA time, Sofi will tell you why they train the dolphins, how they do it and finally you will have the chance to practice the signals that you have learned with your dolphin. This will fulfill your dream about being a real trainer. It is such a wonderful experience, having the chance to ask the dolphin to jump, throw some bubbles, to dance, to sing it is SO FUN!!!

Once you have completed this part, you may think that it is all over, but then you are called to participate in the sea lion’s show. And that is just the cherry on the top of cake. Mr. Chuy, who is in charge of the show is super fun and keeps you in the party mood to enjoy and interact in the show. It is just 45 minutes of continuous laughs and fun. The sea lion jumps over your head and does some great tricks on Chuy’s commands. You are once again inside the pool with the sea lion, hugging him kissing him and having a blast!

- Then after all the action you might get hungry – well, don’t worry you will enjoy of a very nice meal in company of your colleague trainers, you will be able to chose one dish of the restaurant’s menu which by the way is very jummy!!!. During the lunch you have the chance to chat with Sofi & Ana and share your experiences. They are always in communication with you and open to receive suggestions to improve their service. I have never experienced such a personalized treatment.

At the end they take you to the laboratory to tell you about how is that they take care of the dolphins, their alimentary and medical necessities. Blood test details, lab samples, how they reproduce them. It is like a discovery channel session. Just great!!

And that is the end; it is so hard to say good-bye to your colleagues!!! , At the end you get to know each other and it feels like you are leaving a friend behind. I have no words to thank once again to all the Vallarta Adventures Staff that make us have a great experience and fulfilled my wife’s dream and by accident mine too. I appreciate all Ana’s and Sofi’s support, professionalism and true service attitude that made our day fabulous. Many thanks to Chuy, “Abuelo” Kitchen Staff, Diving Team, etc. In summary is a wonderfull experience and I wil be looking forward to do this program again and definitely I would recommend it to all my friends an guests at the St. Regis Punta Mita.

From. Evana & Ricardo

Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Cool Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Cool experience, reccommend at least doing the swim experience, very good staff, they will guide you through everything, pictures are expensive at the end.

Victoria, Canada
“Vallarta Adventures Dolphin swim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had a great time! Get hooked into buying photos, but the shots are amazing! Water was a bit cold, but overall experience was great.

Sonoma, California
5 attraction reviews
“sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I loved riding on the dolphin belly, heart to heart. I loved that the animals really seemed to enjoy human interaction. Pictures were expensive.