“Beautiful!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Flamingos

You added Villa del Palmar Flamingos to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuito Paseo Costero Y Playa Lote | Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 92108, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Coventry
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is beautiful! We had a 2 bedroom, 3 bath room for three of us, plenty of room for a few more was possible. There are no ovens or BBQ grills so cooking on your room needs to be creative. The only problem I had was the musty smell of my daughter's room and the stained sofa.

The grounds were gorgeous, well maintained. The pool has different levels, which was great. My 18 year old daughter and her friend enjoyed either beach volleyball or pool volleyball daily.

There were nightly "parties". The Mexican Fiesta, there is a charge for this one, was good. But we were disappointed that they pulled the food too quickly. It was a buffet and no sooner had you finished your "sampling" then they took the food away or didn't refill the item. For $45, you should be able to experience it all. The Pizza Bar by the pool has good food and the MOST attentive server named Tico! We were never without a drink or asked if we needed anything. He took very good care of us. The El Patron restaurant had a breakfast buffet for around $20, not worth it. Luckily we got a promotion for 2 for 1 between 7 and 8, otherwise we would not have eaten there. We never got to the dinner menu at El Patron.

Keep track of your bags if you have them in the security holding room. The bellhops put my friend's luggage in a cab, never to be seen again. Every stitch of clothing, gone. We had to go to WalMart, yup WalMart to find some replacements for her.

Other than that we had a fantastic time. A big shout out to Celene our concierge who was wonderful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Villa Del Palmar Flamingos is definitely my favorite resort ever and I have traveled all over the world. I have been back 6 times since my 1st visit in 2008. I love the setting, the beach, the food, the spa and most of all the people that work at the resort. They go out of their way to make our vacation exceptional. I love the activities staff that coordinate the water aerobics, beach and pool volleyball, dance lessons etc and they put on nightly shows with incredible dance routines. The front desk service is always wonderful and they do everything they can to accommodate everyone's requests. The spa is incredible and so are all of the restaurants. I love the resort so much that I hardly ever want to leave when I'm there but I also love exploring Puerto Vallarta town, the beaches south of PV and taking some boat excursions for snorkeling. I think going to VDP Flamingos is the perfect family vacation and I highly recommend it. My kids are comfortable on the Murphy bed in the living room of the 1 bedroom condos (much more comfortable then the usual couch bed that they sleep on in other resorts) and they love the beach, pool and activities of the resort just as much as my husband and I. We feel really safe in Mexico and at this resort and we love the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone we've met in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. This resort is also easy to get to from the airport - we usually just take the bus (Rio Samba) and we get groceries at the Mega store near by.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building above the lobby have excellent views of the ocean but really all of the r...
Coventry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hello
First let me say the resort itself was beautiful and the trip would have been wonderful except for one very import thing that happend on 6/22/13. We arrived early at the resort and we gave our baggage to the staff to put into storage we checked a total of 9 bags for the two familes traveling. I later added a nap sack and computer bag for total of 11 bags. When we got into our room at 3:50pm the luggage was brought up minus my wives suitcase.Apparently they gave it away as they admitted to me! This was the beginning of a horrible experience with a manager named Sergio. At first we dealt with Caesar who told me to write down what happened and have my wife go purchase some clothes as she had none but what she was wearing. We did not fill out any forms just wrote it on hotel paper and added an itemized list of the suitcase as well as a reciept for what we purchased. The total value was close to 1800 dollars US.
The next day I met Sergio who proceed to tell me he needed a day to look into and he would get back to me, I gave him two days and then had to go find him. he then told me he could really confirm anything and that really it was kind of our fault because my wife left the bag in the middle of the room. After reminding him of his resorts policy that a bellmen is suppose to accompany the guest he he relented and said he would file a claim after checking with legal and accounting. Again said he would get back to me, finally called me at 5pm on 6/26 and said I would have a claim number and report by Friday Am. That didnt happen went to front desk asked for him and was told he was not there but that I would get my form in a few hours , I went back 3 more times getting the run around each time. finally at 8pm when we went to check out I asked for the form or I wasnt paying the bill spoke again with Caesar as Sergio had left for the day even though he was there all day till 7pm he avoided me the whole time. Come to find out the only thing they were giving me was a letter with what occured not claim number, no insurance company name or phone number out and out refused to give me one. I can not even get a number to call some one at their offices no one knew it or refused to give it to me. I have emailed the accounting manager Carlos [--] and the resort GM Rodolfo [--] and am waiting for repsonse let see if I ever get one! Like I said to bad great resort poor customer service on an easy issue that they admitted to doing in the first place!
Steven Higgins

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
cobos2000, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Flamingos, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Higgins:

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at Villa del Palmar Flamingos and for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

I want to apologize for the inconveniences caused by the loss of your luggage during your stay at our resort. I already replied to your e-mail you sent me yesterday, same day.
It is important to mention that our staff is working on the matter and we will find a proper solution. Please rest assured I am personally taking all the necessary steps to remedy this situation.

Cordially yours

Rodolfo Cobos
rcobos@villagroup.com
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just returned from a week at Villa del Palmar Flamingos and can't say enough about the wonderful resort and staff. The pool is so gorgeous and the temperature is perfect. We had a gorgeous and immaculate 1 bedroom suite with comfortable beds and more than enough room for our family of 4. The Murphy bed was great and very comfortable. Every room has a nice view, but if you don't want to have it obstructed by palm trees ask for a top floor room. We didn't mind and were happy with the 4th floor.

My kids LOVED the nightly entertainment and activities. Maria, Karla, Isaiah, Jonathan and Danny were WONDERFUL. They were always around during the day getting people involved and engaging the children and then at night they put on impressive dance shows. They are all such talented dancers and performers. In my children's eyes, they might as well have been Hollywood celebrities :). The hotel is lucky to have them all, as they really do add so much to the overall experience. I hope they are there if we return next year (and truthfully, they would be a big reason why we returned - they are that great!). All of our waiters and bartenders were so nice and helpful. Jorge waited on us almost every day by the pool and was a delight. I enjoyed meeting every one of them. The food is good for an all inclusive. The breakfast was especially good and I loved the Mexican Fiesta. If you get tired of it, there are some wonderful restaurants in the nearby town of Bucerias. We had a wonderful lobster dinner at Mar y Sol and I heard Rosa Mexicana is outstanding, but we never made it there.

We booked our trip through Cheapcarribean.com and avoided the timeshare presentation so I can't comment on that. I can say it was easy enough to just say no thank you and not accept any of their offers. We did meet a lot of happy timeshare owners while we were there though.

When we were there it wasn't too crowded so we never had trouble finding chairs. One day someone did remove our towels, but we just set them on the chair folded. The other times when we laid them out and left a book or other personal item, they were left alone.

somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The resort is a brilliant seaside residence. The staff are willing to help as much as they can.

No complaints about the beautiful resort.

EXCEPT the lack of customer care given by the management who need to learn customer skills.

The onsite shop is probably the worst ever to buy general groceries. The nearest supermarket was a 40 minute walk away so a cab has to be caught. There was NO courtesy bus once or twice a week to take you shopping. I have travelled to The Bahamas. Phuket, Canary islands, Cyprus and many other places and ALL lay on a free courtesy bus.

They have a sister resort next door with plenty of people wanting to go to do their grocery shopping

This is a dreadful service of NOT trying to help the customer.

The above places abroad all supply free Wi-Fi but not here they want you to pay a fortune to use it. Even the girls on the help point do not have a printer to give you addresses or info you may need. They have to write it all down while a queue forms.

A holiday spoilt by very bad management skills. Thoughtless management not willing to help others

Room Tip: ask for a room near the seafront and and go on the top floors for the views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

We´re sorry to read the dissatisfaction you experienced with the Palmita Market; a copy of your comments had been sent to the main head department involved in order to correct the weak areas you kindly mentioned.
Transportation is regulated by local authorities; however, we are encouraged to find the best solution to this matter.

Please be assured that it is our intention that all of our customers leave with a feeling of peace, relaxation and the knowledge that we have done our outmost to provide them with an enjoyable stay.

We thank you very much for staying at Villa del Palmar Flamingos.

Best regards

Rodolfo Cobos
rcobos@villagroup.com
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are Marriott Vacation Club owner and decided to trade a week thru Interval International to go to this resort. Bottom line, we would go back. Nice one king bedroom with two full shower baths. Kudos to Bellman, Antonio; Make up Room attendant, Monica; Front desk, Ivan. Outside is well maintained, pool is great. Initially we were provided a residence on the 3rd floor on the North side overlooking a Palm Tree, not good too much shade and room smelled musty. Took several tries and a day later was transferred to 6th floor on South side. South side gets sun and no musty smell. The gauntlet to take time share promotions begins at the airport, if you survive that, be ready for the promotion pitch at the resort. Well, that's their job. For food, either at resort or take a taxi or local bus to place of your choice. Recommend Claudio's in the small town of Bucerias, a 30 minute walk or 15 cab ride. Waiter Jesus is great, food is good and reasonably priced. Used the Spa at Flamingo, 2 for 1, and would recommend. May thru October is the slow season. June begins the rain season but really no rain. Bottom line, we would go back. A must see is Rytham of the Nights, great professional dancers.

Randolph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a lovely resort with an outstanding pool area that was so nice we spent no time on the beach. There are many nice restaurants in Puerto Vallarta and nearby towns. We traded a time share to stay there and it should be a 4/5 or 5/.5. The house staff (waiters, bellmen, etc.) were fine, except they didn't allow you to leave your towels on chairs early in the morning to reserve choice spaces. And, despite their efforts to tell you their time-share presentation is a "welcome tour," it is as high pressure a sales pitch as any we've seen. We found the front-of-the-house staff not helpful on some important matters, though, and the chain's corporate office also did not seem to care. Their travel. office has wonderful tours available, except when we booked one that was supposed to include a waterfall prominently advertised as a highlight, we got there to find that the waterfall had been dry for weeks due to lack of rain. On an evening cruise to a nearby island for dinner and a native show, one of us got horribly sea-sick and the boat staff and staff on the island was very inattentive and poorly equipped to handle us.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have a view of the pool and the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa del Palmar Flamingos? Share your experiences!