“Good, Bad, Ugly ( But Mostly Good)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Flamingos

You added Villa del Palmar Flamingos to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuito Paseo Costero Y Playa Lote | Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 92108, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good, Bad, Ugly ( But Mostly Good)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just spent a week at the resort and had a great time, the property is extremely well kept and the people who work there are wonderful and very accomodating. The food quality was very good. Now for the bad, even though you are in Mexico this resort charges North American prices, a breakfast was $2400 p, about $22.00 Canadian which I found for Mexico to be expensive, this was standard throughout the resort, ie the spa and the bar etc. The suites have kitichens and blenders and a good grocery store is close by, if you don't want to eat out at the hotel you have great alternatives. We loved going to Bucaries for dinner much more reasonable and not much for a cab around $8.00. I felt very safe on the resort and on the beach. The ugly was the timeshare hawks who hound you all the time. We did not take advantage of the discounts offered by them and pretty much stayed clear of them the best we could. Our friends joined us by booking through Expedia and they where not hounded like us. Oversall it was a good experience, you can work around the prices and have a great family vacation. They had entertainment that was ok but nothing fantastic. All the kids visiting the resort appeared to be having a good time with the staff.

Room Tip: all rooms face the pool and some have better views of the ocean. The two bedroom is a great family o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cobos2000, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Flamingos, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest:

I really appreciate your positive comments and feedback, I also would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Flamingos to spend your vacation, and for taking the time to let us know about your experiences during your stay.

I want to take this opportunity to let you know we are producing new shows to offering a wide variety of theme nights; our activities crew is always committed on creating great entertaining experiences.

We at Villa del Palmar are always looking to improve our services, and when guests are concerned for any given reason, we want to know and to have the opportunity to improve in order to deliver higher quality service.

Please let me know if you´re planning you next vacation, It´ll be a pleasure to have you back in this beautiful resort.

rcobos@villagroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I are proud to say that we have survived the time share people working for this building. We have made the $2000 pesos we were offered but can say that unless you are a very tough individual do not go to these time share presentations. They are calling it a vacation package and are trying to make you believe that since many of the owners are having a yearly meeting it is different from time shares.

Here is our story

We were shopping at a grocery store close to downtown in Puerta Vallarta and a tall Mexican male who spoke very good English got us to go to this hotel with the pitch that we would be able to visit a vacation for next year and that it would involve a 75 minutes pitch but that they only show you all the positive attractions and try to get you to come in the following years. We were ready to cancel but he said I will make some money to feed his family if we accepted, so we went along.

We got a free taxi cab from our hotel in Puerto Vallerta ( PV) to this hotel. The hotel is app 25 minutes out of PV because it is in a different province/state the taxi driver is not allowed to bring back a person and this applies both ways so you have a large taxi bill $30 dollar each way
luckily the time shares paid for our bills.

Once arrived at the resort we were greeted by an American male from Seattle who tried to get as much information on us and kept on saying that they were a professional company and were not selling time share. !!

He took us for lunch, it was 1145 am and it was still the breakfast at the buffet. It was a very average breakfast and had much less to choose from than the one at our all inclusive hotel. Then he showed us the beautiful rooms and also showed us the pool and the access to the beach then the spa for both man and woman. After all that he said that we would be getting the 75 Minutes presentation. We had been told in P V that the 75 minutes included the visit of the grounds as my wife had asked the question in a clear and concise manner and we had been assured. As he showed us the units ie a studio and a one and a two bedroom unit, I asked if they do buy back the unit if the person gets sick or can no longer use it , he said no we only upgrade. He said people can sell them in craigslist if hey want and it can take a day to a year like selling a house.

Then he took us to the presentation where they play with figures and try to convince you to give your money for 30 years of fantastic vacations. They are selling time shares but are calling them vacation packages and are explaining that there is a councils by the owners. The one dominant salesman said he was from Texas and his sidekick said he was from Seattle.
They explained that this company was from San Diego and is called villa group and were the ultimate best and not comparable to others. You are presented with many graphics and complicated schemes and amazingly because they really like you they are dropping the price during the conversation from 59 us to 39 us and giving you these points. I thought wow what a deal but i d like to take it home and show it to my lawyer, they said absolutely no way that all the people who bought here did it and it would be unfair to them , so we said wow is there that many suckers and then they started to say things like have you been to a time share presentation before ( kind of funny that he was now using the T word ) which we answered truthfully no , the assertive male must have asked 6 times over and over and looking back I think he was trying to find a way to cancel the price and the taxi ride back) , then they called a woman who came and sat at the table and replaced the two above mentioned salesman , she said she was from Vancouver B.C. She was also a pressure sales rep and tried to make us feel stupid for not getting the deal and even starting to say you probably can not afford it etc... My wife looked at her watch and said to her you are way past your 75 minutes and we want to leave. she called a male who came and said he was from Kelowna British Columbia and walked us out but then sat us at a table and grabbed a pad and wrote three number 2 and said he would be offering us a free week end at the hotel. we said no way we are absolutely not interested in this place and want out now. He made a sarcastic remark and walked us out to a cashier and told her to give us $2000 pesos and the lady did. She gave us 4 bills of 500 pesos and my wife asked if there was any smaller bills and she said no. then a person came as she was finishing her sentence and he got lots of change, my wife said oh you don t have change and she replied yes I do for him but not for you.

We got into our taxi and were so happy to leave free and with some money that we did not really count on. I am very sad to think that there is human profiting from the good people who are trying to go on vacation. To those people I say one day you will get what you diserve and to the Las palma flamingo I say shame on you for accepting these scammers in your building. I believe that this resort will be bankrupt in a few years and they are trying to pocket the money now. No wonder the people who bought time shares are unable to sell them.

When back at my hotel I learned from my westjet sales rep that they will assist you in getting out of the deal if you tell them the same day or at the latest the next one. You will end up losing many hours but this would be nothing compare to what you will face if stuck with the sale.

I have been a policeman for 30 years and they made me laugh with all the tricks they are using. At one point I started to laugh and remembered an old movie with Richard Pryor where he was watching some high pressure sales where everyone was clapping and blindly believing the salesman. I am certain that many great people will fall for the scam and it saddens me immensely.

All of the above occurred on the 30 th of November 2012

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

I would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Flamingos to spend your vacation. I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments.

I would like to apologize if some of the services did not meet your expectations, I shared your comments with the management in charge of this area and they will take corrective actions to remedy this situation.

Please let me know if you´re planning your next vacation, It´ll be a pleasure to have you back in this beautiful resort.

Cordially
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Local tourists bring many children, and leave them to run wild. Screaming, splashing others, running wild. Makes relaxing all but impossible. Unresponsive parents.
Management seems happy ignoring the many complaints that other tourists have made. Also, no guarantees are made about keeping the grounds safe. You are on your own.
At all cost, avoid this resort if you want a peaceful and enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: No ability to choose, asigned in advance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Flamingos and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and suggestions.

I would like to apologize if some of the services and facilities did not meet your expectations, particularly your concern about children. This is a family oriented resort and we receive guests from all over the world. There are certain holidays throughout the years which are popular for families with kids. However, it is important to mention that our staff is working on the matter. Please rest assured we are taking all the necessary steps to remedy this situation since we are striving to provide the best service to each one of our guests.

Cordially yours

Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent 7 days at VDP Flamingos and loved it. The property is extremely well kept, rooms are spacious and clean and the landscaping is gorgeous. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed.

Emma at the front desk was fantastic to help with every question I had. Luis Guzman, bell captain, was very helpful as well. We always had a cab whenever we needed one and never waited for much. The pool waitstaff and outside bar were great. Jorge was attentive, as was everyone. The waitstaff at the pool and beach were always pleasant and happy to make sure we were well taken care of.

The spa was great as well. Roberto made sure I enjoyed the facilities and Angelica gave a great massage. The theme dinners were nice, although the shows need a little work. The concierge staff were extremely helpful in making suggestions for any type activity.

Located close to Bucerias made it nice for a good excursion or two. At David's recommendation, we had an excellent dinner at Adauto's in Bucerias. The table was on the ocean and food amazing.

The 20 minute ride to downtown Vallarta was also well worth it. The nightlife was active and entertaining on the boardwalk. Many shops and restaurants and lots of street performers made the visit fun and interesting.

The on site Vallarta Adventures was also a big help. The excursions were good and well worth the money.

Overall this was an excellent vacation and definitely made fans of us. We will definitely be back many times as there is much more left to do.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear John:

One of the best satisfactions in the hospitality industry is to learn from guests we made you feel special and we exceeded your expectations, our unique goal is to create great stories that will remain in your mind forever.
On behalf of Emma, Luis, Jorge, Roberto, Angelica and all the Staff, we thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Flamingos to spend your vacation, I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments.
We are always looking to improve our services, and when guests are pleased we like to share our success with others, and this includes our staff which is always passionate for what they do every day for our guests.

All of us here at Villa del Palmar Flamingos look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of Banderas Bay!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed a week at the Villa del Palmar Flamingos and was pleasantly surprised. Usually stay in the old town part of Puerto Vallarta and can say I did miss the ambience. The Palmar was a beautiful resort. Food was excellent and it was great to able to order off a menu rather than a buffet. The staff in general couldn't do enough for you. The rooms where clean and modern. There were 8 of us staying here for a friend's surprise 50th. They had a suite and the adjoining room. This was perfect for our get togethers. Highly recommend this resort. But don't forget to go into Puerto Vallarta and walk around its interesting streets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

It is great to know we were chosen for your friend´s 50th, I am sure everyone had a great time and hopefully we created nice memories that will last forever.

I would like to express my gratefulness for your positive comments, I also would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Flamingos to spend your vacation, and for taking the time to let us know about your experiences during your stay.

I happily shared your comments with the staff and they´re looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Invermere, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I are owners at the Flamingos. We have been every year since 2008. We love the resort and it's location close to Bucerias, a town of many great restaurants. It is a 30-45 minute cab ride into PV for the city adventurers.

The rooms are large. They are well maintained and kept very clean. The kitchen is adaquate for the cooking we do, minimal.

The staff at the resort do work hard for the guests. The bellmen always have a suggestion for restaurants, things to do and how to get there. Thank you to Joel, Edwardo, Antonio, and David. You all are a great asset to this resort.

The pool waitstaff are equally as good with your comfort in mind. WE found them to be very friendly and very attentive, always with a smile. Thank you to Conrad Victor. Our days at the pool were much better because of you. The poolside menu was excellent food for average dollars.

The restaurant was great for dinner and Aldo will make sure your esperience is over the top. Adlo is your guy for flaming coffees or bananas. The job is done with great confidence and detail.

I highy recommend this resort as it has something for everyone. I forgot to mention the beach that goes on for ever either north or south. If you like to walk the beach this is the resort for you. Great sunsets as well!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cristian C, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Flamingos, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Sunlover 0505

On behalf of the entire Villa del Palmar Flamingos Resort, thank you for your kind comments. Creating happy memories is our goal and we are very pleased to see , this has been achieved. We look forward to your next visit and till then wish you the best.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had a great time last week. One of the best parts is that our visit is like a homecoming. The staff recognize us when we check in and the men helping with getting luggage to the room and giving a smile and a hug. Esp. David, Alonso, Joel, and Luis--the always seem to be there when you need a taxi, help with moving articles to the room, storing luggage before departing...whatever you need.
Celene always has smile on her face and hugs. She is quick to offer greeting of welcome and "it is so nice to have you home again". So many others with great service.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view. If you like to see the sunsets get a south wing room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Greg H.

Dear Mr. Larry: We highly appreciate you sharing your positive comments about your recent stay at Villa del Palmar Flamingos. This review has been shared with our Concierge staff and our Bellmen staff and they were very pleased to hear back from you.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Been to Villa del Palmar Flamingos? Share your experiences!