“Great Family Holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Calgary, Canada
“Great Family Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked a 2 bedroom condo directly through the owners on airbnb for 9 nights. There were 5 of us (4 adults and 1 teenager). We arrived late in the evening our first night and from the minute our taxi pulled up we had some greet us and take all of our luggage for us. Check in was easy and the staff behind the desk were very welcoming. Although we did not book with the resort they still gave us a welcome cocktail which was refreshing after such a long day. The condo itself was a decent size. It was 2 units that were adjoined. 2 large king Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a full kitchen as well as a kitchenette and a living room with a pull out bed and 3 separate balconies with AMAZING views.

The condo could have been a little cleaner. We also didn't have proper bedding for the sofa bed and had to ask a couple of times before we got it and we were not left any dish cloths or garbage bags which would have been nice to have. But honestly, these were not huge issues to us.

The infinity pool is beautiful but the chairs go fast. People were up at the crack of dawn reserving chairs well before the pool even opened. It was a little annoying considering these chairs would remain empty most of the day with only a towel or book taking them up but again, get up early and it won't be an issue. I don't think there are any rules against reserving but even when we stayed at the Westin in PV they did have that rule and it still didn't stop people.

The grounds are so beautiful and very well taken care of. The staff were also very friendly and go above an beyond to take care of you.

There are a few restaurants. However, we only went to the Palm Terrace and the Pool Bar. We ate at the Palm Terrace almost every morning for breakfast. They offer a buffet breakfast which we had our first morning. It was not that great especially for the price but there are plenty of better options on the menu to choose from. Something for everyone! And if you don't see something just ask, chances are they will make it for you. They were so great in taking care of you.

The gym was awesome! It's located just above the spa. I used it many times. It was quiet and seemed to be kept pretty clean. They had a weight area, treadmills, bikes and then a yoga area (that room smelled like a sweaty gym bag). The entire gym basically has panoramic views of the resort so it was nice.

My husband and I went for a couple's massage. The price was quite reasonable. It was so serene and relaxing. I highly recommend!

Oh and there is a convenience store on the property which was so great as we had initially intended to go grocery shopping and cook most of our meals but we were just so busy enjoying our time out that we didn't get a chance. It was great to have a store on site to pick up bottled water or some cervezas.

Although, we spent most of our time off the resort we still enjoyed the time we had on it. There were a few minor things here and there but honestly that happens any where. Everyone was absolutely fantastic there, especially Angel at the Palm's Terrace. Super funny guy! We will definitely choose Bel Air for our next trip to PV. Absolutely loved it there!

Tip: They have coin operated laundry facilities on the property. I found this out after I paid for the laundry service.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Gerente General... G, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear miss. Melanie:

Thank you for choosing our resort as your Holiday destination. We really appreciate the time invested on writing your review.
For sharing your great experience with other travelers and of course we´ll be more than glad to have you back.
Also of course, we will work hard to attend those little details you mentioned, which are very important for us.

Be sure we will share your opinion with our staff, I´m sure they will remember you and will put a happy smile on their faces.

Please contact us before your next visit, we will make sure it will be better every year.

Anwar Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Where do I start, plates in dinning room where chipped, flatware was made of tin and would bend, The food was cold and mediocre at best, if you had towels they were stained, frayed and worn out, Had to wait until towels were washed and dried before receiving the stained, frayed towels at the pool, Pool water was so cloudy you couldn't see your feet or the dead crabs you were stepping on in the water, Got stuck in between floors in a hot elevator, They have weddings on the weekend with bands that play until 11 pm. An example of a band would be bass and snare drums with cymbals, trumpets, trombones, couple of clarinets and yes folks even a TUBA. The band was under our balcony. The weddings are on Friday and Saturday nights during our stay. The AC didn't work in our room, told it would be fixed and it wasn't finally got our room moved, AC worked somewhat better, could still hear the bands, and we had no towels. Tiles were missing in the pool area and other places, Generally poor maintenance throughout. The bath tubs were so slick it was extremely dangerous. Requested a rubber mat for tub and received cloth floor mats. Was told that the tubs were skid free. I fell in the tub and hurt my ankle. Still no rubber mats. Staff did bring me ice for my ankle. AC was turned off each night around 3 am and turned back on around 6 am. The room was so hot that we woke up around 3:30 and could not go back to sleep until the AC came back on and cooled the room. I was promised a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and received a 1 bedroom, 1 bath. If I was an owner at this resort I would question how the maintenance monies are spent. Was promised wifi or internet access and was told each day they had someone working on it. Was there for a week and it was never fixed. The positive was that the staff was friendly and tried. Would I return......??????NEVER!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different resort
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Good: The pool and grounds are beautiful. It is right on the beach and the views are spectacular.
The beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms have a tub (which is important to me). It is a nice walk up the beach to Bucerias for dining and shopping. The kitchenette was very handy as we prepared our own breakfast and lunches. It is a short $5.00 cab ride to the Mega Store where you can stock up on water and whatever groceries you may want/need. The Mega Store also sells liquor so if you want to get some wine/beer/rum etc., it’s easily available. Their bakery has amazing churros!

The Bad: When we arrived the first two rooms we were shown were so musty that I could not stay in them. They said they would upgrade us, which was nice but our priority was a room without the odor, our next room had great air circulation and no musty odor. For people with allergies, the musty odor can be overwhelming. We had supper at the resort that night and the meal was expensive and terrible. My daughters’ steak was tough and almost impossible to cut, my chicken was dry and barely warm when I got it. We talked to other guests and they also complained about the food. It didn’t look anything like the presentations on the web sites! We found the Mega Store and ate breakfast and lunch in our room and took a taxi or walked to Bucerias for supper. We found an amazing restaurant called Adauto’s. Even with the taxi fare it was cheaper than eating at the resort and the food was amazing!!
If you enjoy your drinks and beer - your tab could get very expensive very fast. Again, I bought some rum at the Mega Store and mixed my own before coming down to the pool. We did have a few drinks at the swim up bar but for the price - I’d rather make my own.
The web site says they provide purified water - it is in the refrigerator in your room. But you have to pay for it.
After reading the reviews and comments prior to going, I felt confident the Wi-Fi would be dependable as they were going to put in a new system. We got no Wi-Fi in our room - spotty on the balcony and it went down completely the last 3-4 days. When we called to check on it we were always told the next day it would be fixed. My daughter depended on the Wi-Fi to keep in contact with her little girls and to say the least we were disappointed. We did however have a very strong signal from the resort a block away.
Overall the resort is very beautiful; however the rooms could use a facelift and upgrading. The food we had at the restaurant was overpriced and poorly prepared.
They have a table where they put out coffee in the morning, iced tea in the afternoon and champagne at night (although we never made it down for that). This was a nice treat for us. However, one afternoon I saw the table being set up with coffee so I went up to pour myself a cup when a waiter from the restaurant came running out and said that it wasn’t for me - it was for people taking photographs (not sure what he meant by that). I had already poured my coffee, there was nothing anywhere saying the coffee was not for the guests, and he had me keep my coffee on the table and leave. Seriously??
This was my 8th trip to Puerto Vallarta and I doubt very much if I will ever return to this resort.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Gerente General... G, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Traveler:

Thank you very much for the invested time to write your comments.
we really appreciate that you shared some of the benefits that surround the hotel and the proximity to the town of Bucerias and the department store, as well as they can cook inside the room
We will work even harder to exceed the expectations of our customers in our resturants.
And so people can fully meet all gastronomic experiences we have. From an International menu, a menu of Mexican-Italian specialties , and Sushi & Martini.
Of course we will continue working hard in the maintenence and improvements for our rooms.

We really hope that your ninth visit to Puerto Vallarta will be with us. Just name it , and we will cook it for you.

Thank you again.

Ames, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently spent a week here and yes, it is clearly an older hotel in the process of being brought completely up to date, but I would still stay here again. We were upgraded to a master suite after the first two rooms we were given smelled extremely musty and had no promised DVD player, and even the room we were given had no microwave in the kitchenette, but we got one shortly after we requested one. The hot plate/stove looked caked and ancient, so we used the microwave exclusively for cooking. We ate here once and the food was unremarkable and WAY overpriced. We ate every meal out in Bucieras, the town up the beach with AMAZING food, and even with the cab fare it was cheaper to eat in Bucieras than at the BelAir. The WiFi was NOT offered in the room, only in the public areas, but we were able to access it on our balcony for the first three days. Then, the WiFi was out, and we were told daily that it would be up tomorrow. It was never up again. There is a computer available for free that has internet, but I got mainly error messages when I tried to use it. I wasn't there to spend time online, but it would have been nice to be able to keep in touch better with my kids when I was there.
That being said, the staff were always friendly, our room was clean, the bathtubs were huge, the beds cozy, the grounds were beautiful, the pool was clean and beautiful (yes, some of the tiles were old as others complained about, but really, it was still lovely), and the beach was wonderful and a great spot for swimming. Coffee and light breakfast were available for free from 6 to 8 (although they took it down early one morning when the hotel was emptier, which was irritating as I need my coffee). The store on site had bottled water for sale at reasonable prices along with other basics that you may need, and there is a mega store a short taxi ride away.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Miss Christy :

Thank You very much for sharing your opinions with other travelers. And the time invested on sharing us your comments.

Be sure we will fix whatever we need to fix, like the internet speed and the intermittent conection wich works, but denetly will be improved.
And we work hard every day to have the property in the best shape possible.

Our restaurants have many things to offer, we have a very complete Menu , even with 3 differnt choices for dinner, for example, an International menu, an Italian-Mexican Menu, and a Sushi & Martini menu.
But also agree that Bucerías is great place with many choices, very secure, and all kinds of food for all our travelers .

Thanks again for your comments about our staff. Be sure also we will share your comment with them.
Of course hope to see you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came for a few day getaway with a good friend. We weren't looking for a crazy party scene, we wanted a nice relaxing trip, and that's exactly what we found. We were there midweek, so the resort seemed only half full - which was perfect. Though there were families there, there wasn't an overabundance of screaming kids or screaming partygoers either. Good mix of all ages.
Went for the all-inclusive package and were very pleased. Hung out at the nice infinity pool and uncrowded beach with our cocktails, snacks and food. Great, friendly service. At the breakfast restaurant, they were greeting us by name, making jokes by the second day. We had planned to explore the town a little more, but we were so relaxed at the resort, we didn't want to leave.
Our room was small, but it was clean, the bed was comfortable, and everything worked. Large whirlpool tub in the bathroom was an added bonus. Would recommend to friends for sure.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. or Mrs. Gabbers29:

Thank you very much for the review of your stay.

Indeed we are focused to the relaxation, and I am glad to read it worked that way on your vacation.
Also we are pleased to read you enjoyed our All Gourmet experience and of course our food. Please be sure we will share your comments with our staff.

We have many types of rooms, perhaps that will make your stay even better.

Please, do not forget to contact me before your next visit. I will be more than glad to help you choose the best room and location depending your expectations.

Thank you again , we really apreciate your coments about our Resort.

I hope to be in touch, and will be looking forward your next visit.

Best Regards.

Anwar Sánchez
Nine Mile Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

We normally stay at Paradise Village, just down the beach. But it has grown so large and full of kids, loud music, and not a great getaway relaxation place any more. Bel Air, however, while it has its share of kids, especially during Spring Break, its choice of music is played at a lower volume and is much more relaxing. The pool/beach views are terrific. We got a great upgrade when we arrived for four nights we had added to the week timeshare trade. The timeshare upgrade was going to cost us an additional $150, a night but when we checked in to that deal at the end of our four paid nights, the fabulous room we had was only $40, more a night??? The first upgrade price was during Spring Break and we checked in right after Spring Break and so that might have had to do with the steep drop. Or, the right hand wasn't talking to the left hand......

Every time we gave our room number to the waiters they always looked up at the oceanfront building, and commented on what a great location we had. So, that is a huge plus. Not so much to say good about the pool/beach menu. The service is top notch. Quick and always friendly, but why you can only order two different beers, and not major brands, was a mystery. Also, served barely cold in a plastic "glass". Paradise Village always delivered beer orders in a ice bucket, so we were spoiled, but who likes warm beer on the beach. The food gets a mixed rating but mostly on the lower end. However, Karen's Place is a 15 minute beach walk or an 85 peso cab ride and it serves the best margarita's in Mexico, or anywhere else for the matter. And a not to shabby Bloody Maria. The food is also excellent, as is the service. There are other food choices nearby in the small town.

All the staff were excellent, though this is a mainly Mexican resort so some of the staff had limited English. But, a pantomime of a band aid served just as well, when I needed one.

A nice touch is the cold drink upon arrival, free fresh rolls and coffee from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Tea and cookies mid-afternoon, and free champagne at sunset.

I always get a laugh when reading "hate" reviews" of places that the vast majority love. I wonder from what planet these people arrived from, where everything was always perfect, and nothing was due to their ignorance, or stupidity.

We highly recommend Bel Air but remember, it pays to know what you are getting before you get there. Though we never expected the "upgrade", nor the fabulous view from our room.

Oh, the wi-fi. You can receive it in your room but it tends to drop the signal. Better the closer you move to the source. But there are also two free computers to use when you pass through the small market. No sign, just stumbled upon it.

Room Tip: Building 7 fronts the ocean. Top floor had a birds eye view of the bird's eye as they flew past.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Richard:

We really appreciate the time invested on writing your review. It help us and all the travelers to find out about our Resort, the service, and the surrounds.

Thank you for trusting your vacations with us. Be sure we will share your comments with all our staff, so they can see they effort is recognized by our guests.

And you describe very much what we are offering as a concept ,and differences with other resorts. We will be focused in total relaxation.

All the options for locations and upgrade services always will be available at the front desk.
And of course, even when the wi-fi works, it´s one of the services that always needed to be improved.

Bucerias town is very beautiful place, very secure and with many choices to eat. Located just a few minutes from the resort.

We will be looking forward your return, please feel free to contact me before your next visit to make it sure it will be even better.

Best Regards.

Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

It is my brothers time share that he allows us to use. when we go usually in Feb. each year. We fly down straight from Abbotsford B.C. We use West Jet which is great. when we arrive at Bel Air Resort we are greeted by friendly staff members to take our bags wait for us to check in always talk to us on our flight how was it and giving us information on places to see as well as the great places to visit. Well we are there we got to know the different staff member from the front desk to the maids all are great and friendly. If you have a problem they will try and fix it as quick as possible. Always cleaning every where to make our stay great. We come back from shopping and they are there to help you with your stuff to take to the room. We are always relaxed and feel good. Been going here for over 10 years now and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: rooms in the inner courtyard are nice they face the pool and the ocean as well the night time activi...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Gary:

As always the pleasure was for us. And of course we will be looking forward your next trip.
Thank you for sharing how helpful and kind is our staff. Of course we will share your comment with them.

Please contact me if you have any special request for your next visit.

Have a great year.

Best regards

Anwar Sanchez

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!