We booked a 2 bedroom condo directly through the owners on airbnb for 9 nights. There were 5 of us (4 adults and 1 teenager). We arrived late in the evening our first night and from the minute our taxi pulled up we had some greet us and take all of our luggage for us. Check in was easy and the staff behind the desk were very welcoming. Although we did not book with the resort they still gave us a welcome cocktail which was refreshing after such a long day. The condo itself was a decent size. It was 2 units that were adjoined. 2 large king Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a full kitchen as well as a kitchenette and a living room with a pull out bed and 3 separate balconies with AMAZING views.
The condo could have been a little cleaner. We also didn't have proper bedding for the sofa bed and had to ask a couple of times before we got it and we were not left any dish cloths or garbage bags which would have been nice to have. But honestly, these were not huge issues to us.
The infinity pool is beautiful but the chairs go fast. People were up at the crack of dawn reserving chairs well before the pool even opened. It was a little annoying considering these chairs would remain empty most of the day with only a towel or book taking them up but again, get up early and it won't be an issue. I don't think there are any rules against reserving but even when we stayed at the Westin in PV they did have that rule and it still didn't stop people.
The grounds are so beautiful and very well taken care of. The staff were also very friendly and go above an beyond to take care of you.
There are a few restaurants. However, we only went to the Palm Terrace and the Pool Bar. We ate at the Palm Terrace almost every morning for breakfast. They offer a buffet breakfast which we had our first morning. It was not that great especially for the price but there are plenty of better options on the menu to choose from. Something for everyone! And if you don't see something just ask, chances are they will make it for you. They were so great in taking care of you.
The gym was awesome! It's located just above the spa. I used it many times. It was quiet and seemed to be kept pretty clean. They had a weight area, treadmills, bikes and then a yoga area (that room smelled like a sweaty gym bag). The entire gym basically has panoramic views of the resort so it was nice.
My husband and I went for a couple's massage. The price was quite reasonable. It was so serene and relaxing. I highly recommend!
Oh and there is a convenience store on the property which was so great as we had initially intended to go grocery shopping and cook most of our meals but we were just so busy enjoying our time out that we didn't get a chance. It was great to have a store on site to pick up bottled water or some cervezas.
Although, we spent most of our time off the resort we still enjoyed the time we had on it. There were a few minor things here and there but honestly that happens any where. Everyone was absolutely fantastic there, especially Angel at the Palm's Terrace. Super funny guy! We will definitely choose Bel Air for our next trip to PV. Absolutely loved it there!
Tip: They have coin operated laundry facilities on the property. I found this out after I paid for the laundry service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort