“BelAir is Back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Auburn
“BelAir is Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have been owners since it was being built as Playa del Sol Grand and have stayed there numerous times. A number of years ago quaility had started to slide under the prior management. We are happy to report that we have just returned from a most enjoyable week where we brougnt along another couple to share a 2BR suite.. The new on-site manager, Carlos Dominguez is doing an outstanding job bringing the resort back to it's former glory. The can-do attitude of every single member of the staff at all levels is refreshing. We loved walking the beach which is one of the best sandy beaches we have ever experienced. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Gerente General... G, Director General at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Robert:

First of all thank you for your wonderful comment, we are greatly happy to hear that you had a great and unforgetable stay at this your home away from home.

It was my pleasure having to meet you in person through out your stay and being able to conversate with you through out your vacation, remember that for my self the things are needed to have be done with dedication and love always having the objective that our guest which are the more important and this way with be able to trasmit to all our staff which is doing a hard work day by day to be the best.

Please feel free to contact me before your next visit , so that I personally greet you at your arrival and if you shall need any detail within your room assigment or any other request please let me know as well, with pleasure I will be glad to assist.

Let me wish you an An Early Merrry Christmas and Happy New year (lots of health).

Regards,

322 22 61050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is my third visit to a Bel Air property and my first in Nuevo Vallarta. From the moment the car arrived I was treated with warmth and kindness. The open air lobby opens up to a beautiful landscaped area that opens up to an infinity pool that of course opens up to the beautiful ocean!!! Check in was a breeze and the staff escorted me instantly with all of my bags. Stepping foot in the resort instantly gave me a feeling of peace and beauty.

I have traveled extensively and have to say that this is one of the best boutique hotels in this price range. Carlos ( new manager ) was really hard at work and talked to every guest that he came in contact with. The few little negative comments that he heard were fixed by the next day.

I was fortunate enough o be there while a wedding was taking place and I have to say that they did an outstanding job! The wedding coordinator and Ruby were given lots of compliments from the wedding guests.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who wants to get away from it all!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

It was a pleasure to have you in this your home away from home and to know that you had an unforgetable experience.

Personally it was a great pleasure having met you and being able to assist in any moment needed, hoping soon to have you as our guest and dont forget to contact me prior to your arrival so that I can personally follow up on your reservation and greet you at your arrival time.

On behalf of all our staff and myself I wish you an early Merry Christmas and Happy New years!

Kind regards,

322 22 61050
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My childhood friends and I have just returned from a 2 week vacation at Bel Air. We have been going to this resort for 8 years and we always have a wonderful time. It is not a huge modern resort and sometimes things break down. For instance this most recent trip the elevator did not work and our room was on the fifth floor! We could have asked for a different room but the view was glorious so we didn't mind the walk plus we were able to work off all the good food we ate! This is what we love about being in Mexico, it is not the USA! Bel Air has a beautiful infinity pool that looks over the ocean. It is the only place we know of that has this and it is so relaxing to be in the pool and watch the sun set over Bandars Bay. Bel Air is located almost at the end of the Nuevo Vallarta resort strip and about a 15 min walk to Bucerias - a wonderful little Mexican town with a variety of restaurants. We take a cab to the Mega and buy our breakfast and lunch/snacks when we first arrive and walk into Bucerias or take a bus into Puerto Vallarta for dinner. The food at Bel Air is okay but not great so we do not usually eat there. The staff are very friendly and helpful. All in all, it is a nice place to be if you enjoy a smaller resort experience and are okay with not having everything perfect. We love it!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Gerente General... G, Director General at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your valuable comments, and I appreciate your opinion.

It is great to know that you experience was unforgetable and that you enjoyed our infinity pool infront our our Nueva Vallarta ocean, which indeed difers us from any other resort.

The room that you were assigned is special as all the rest, as they have a wonderful ocean view and other partials views and we are glad that you enjoyed .

Unfortunately due to the storm of appoximately 1 month ago , 1 of our 3 elevadors had a problem, however now it is up and running.

In hopes that in your next visit , I would like to personally give you the welcome at your arrival and invite you to taste our menu at our restaurants.

And as well , you can purchase your groceries at our mini mart store, so that you have easy way to stock your kitchen during your stay with us.

Thank you once gain for your valuable comments which day to day make us better.

Cordially,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a girls family getaway at the Bel Air last week and we had an amazing time. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The resort was a little old, the food at the pool was OK and the kitchens were not well stocked but the infinity pool and staff made up for these short comings. The Bel Air has the best pool anywhere in Nuevo Vallarta with the ability to sit at the pool but still enjoy the view of the ocean. The pool staff was amazing and willing to help with umbrellas and making sure we were comfortable. The pool waiters were amazing especially Luis; he was extremely friendly and always kept our drinks full! However the absolute best part of the Bel Air was Daniel, "the entertainment guy" he learned everyones name in our group and made us feel right at home the whole time. Plus his water aerobics and pool volleyball was amazing!! Overall the Bel Air is a great resort to stay at with a nice family feel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Gerente General... G, Director General at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Britanny:

I am glad that you had a unforgetable experience in this your home away from home.
Hoping to have you with your family once again in the near future for your upcoming vacation time.

On behalf of all the hotel staff as our waiters, activities and bell boys and front desk , concerige , housekeeping and myself we would like to thank you for your great and well recieved comments.

Please contact me before your next vacation time, so that I personally greet your arrival time.

Might be too soon, however have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Updated one of the original resorts in Nuevo Vallarta. Loved the infinity pool overlooking banderas bay. Beach extends for miles in each direction. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. A little far from downtown Vallarta but a great place to relax.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Jan;

I hope that your family and yourself are well, and it was a great pleasure having you at this your home away from home.

Your comments are valuable to us , We agree with you our infnity pool is great and only of this type available from all Nuevo Vallarta.

we hope to have you soon as a return visit with us , and if you require any assistance please feel free to contact me , and I personally will be glad to be of assistance.

Maybe too soon, however have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

cordially

Upland, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Property is not in the best of shape. Elevator out of service for over a week requiring 6 flights of stairs. One of our group rooms had no a/c. VERY slow or flaky internet.

That sort of thing.

But some very helpful staff members. And some not-so-helpful. Asked multiple days for an extra table. Never materialized.

Took an hour in the heat to get our room straightened out.

Caution: they will pressure you to do a timeshare presentation, although they will tell you it's just a site orientation.

Restaurant: mediocre

Right on the beach but somewhat out of the way, north in Nuevo Vallarta. Convenient to some interesting restaurants in Bucerias. Near a Walmart.

Room had mini refrigerator, microwave, dishes for the micro kitchen.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view if they have it.
Dear Mr. William:

First of all I hope that you and your family are well.

Of our three elevador's , due to the storm we experiented an unfortunate waiting of a week for the part to arrive to be able to fix, however as of now it is up and running.

We are currently working on obtaining an improved wi fi internet signal , and we hope that soon we will have the best decision so that this internet service if available in all areas and rooms.

Something that makes as different from other resorts in our areas is the helpfulness of all the persons that work here, we truely apologize for any inconvinnce caused, and please know that this will not happen once again , and we hope to have you at this your home away from home soon.

Our resort has a timeshare area indeed, which they cordially invite to their update/presentation, however it is not at all an obligating item needed to be fulfilled by our guest. If its your desire and if you purchase a membership your vacation will be an surprised experience.

I hope that you visit us once again , so that we can make it your vacation an extra special one, and remember that we have promotions year round for you and your family.

Cordially,

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent a week here with four girlfriends and we had an amazing time. From the moment you enter the property there are multiple staff to greet you and help with luggage and sign-in. Our suite was very spacious and comfortable: 2 bedrooms and 3 full-sized bathrooms with very comfortable beds and extra pillows. Two balconies with comfortable furniture allowed us to hear the sound of the waves and view the beautiful water.
The housekeeping staff did a tremendous job each day; there were always several towel "animals" scattered on the beds and in the bathrooms and the rooms were kept clean and orderly and well stocked. Carlos, the manager, was so friendly and always greeting us and asking if there was anything he could do to help us and to make sure we were happy with all aspects of the resort. He sincerely cares about the resort and wants to make it even better than it is and listens to all comments and criticism. I wish I had written down the names of all the staff members we encountered but I can say that they all were very dedicated to their jobs and gave the best customer service I have ever seen, time after time, and with smiles on their faces. The infinity pool is amazing and Daniel gave us great workouts in aquacize and water volleyball. He is a great activities director. We took one excursion with Vallarta Adventures, booked at the resort. What a bargain! A 20% discount was given because a member of our party is an owner but even without the discount it was still the best trip I have ever taken. The Marietas Eco Discovery was a fun, full-day adventure.

The Halloween show was amazing as well. It was unlike anything I expected. I can't remember the name of the group that was hired to perform but they were all fantastic gymnasts, magicians, jugglers (of hats, fire sticks and other things) and mimes. The crowd was smaller than I expected and if there was a video made of the show a lot of people seeing it would realize that they really missed out.

Beach towels are provided and music plays continuously. I would like to recommend that the playlist be updated a bit though. A lot of the music sounded like "elevator" music and wasn't upbeat.

The boutique and gift shop is tiny with a lot of sunscreen and pool toys for the kids available. A small assortment of dresses, shirts and jewelry is also available. Wine and beer, snacks and other supplies are available at the minimart.

The only restaurant we visited was the Palm Terrace. Unfortunately the food was not that great and is an area that needs improvement. I ordered a pasta dish that was too spicy and had to be sent back and it seemed like it was just watered down to make it edible. It was also missing some ingredients that had been listed on the menu. The rolls were hard, dry and cold and the only thing available for them was a fake butter spread. For the price charged we decided to cook some of our own meals in our suite and go to restaurants outside the resort.
Other people seemed to enjoy their meals out by the pool so it's possible I just ordered the wrong thing that night.

I want to congratulate Carlos and the entire staff on a well-run resort. Clean, beautifully landscaped, accomodating and fun. There are activities for everyone and our group had a great time.

Room Tip: Upper rooms offer a great view of the water. Open the doors and enjoy the sound of the waves.
Dear Guest:

I truely appreciate your comments and I am so glad that you had such a great stay with us.

The best gift that I can recieve is knowing that we exceeded your expectations and that your vacation time was an unforgetable one.

Each day we are making new things which make us a different resort from others, having a great family atmosphere and the most important that me and my personal love we do and out major gratification is our guest's smiles, when this happens your vacation becomes our vacation time as well.

Please don't hesitate in contacting me should you requiere any further assistance before your next vacation time with us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New years!

regards,

Info 322 22 61050

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!