“No issues” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Edmonton, Canada
“No issues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just got back from Bel Air Nuevo Vallarta and have to say I was impressed. It was our first time at that resort and we will be back. Staff were all fantastic. The boys at the pool bar (Armando, Luis, David, Cristian and Hector) all took care of us with great service and quick wit. Best bar staff we have ever had. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The pool area was well kept and Danny the "entertainer" did a wonderful job. They all just made our vacation a piece of paradise. Thanks Bel Air, we will be back!! The Reid brothers.

Room Tip: All the master suites are awesome.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
BelAirVallarta, General Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mr. Reid:

In hopes that this response finds you well with you and your family, and thanking you for the comment that you have provided to us.

It was a pleasure have met you personally and I would like to comment that thanks to persons like yourself we love our job.

You are correct that our areas and rooms are spacious , some with great view and a private balcony and a new sofa bed that has been included recently, this makes our guest leave satisfy.
Your comments that mention our employees will be informed to them imediately as our only is goal is to always seceed your expectations at its fullest.

I hope that soon I have the pleasure of meeting with you, only so that this time an invitation to breakfast or dinner will take place so that we can talk about all the improvements done.

Contact Info. 01152 322 22 61050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I have stayed at quite a few Mexican beach resorts, and this was by far the most relaxing. We weren't bothered once about time share meetings, the staff was exceedingly attentive to our needs, and the prices for food and drink were very reasonable. The facilities are well maintained, the entertainment/activities staff (in particular - we hung out a lot with Daniel) were great, and the pools were loads of fun.

Would go back there any day of the week.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Casey:

We hope that you and your family had a well return back home. Thank you for your comments.
It was a great pleasure to us having you and family in this your home away from home.

The great experience was to us having you as a guest at our resort.

I would like to comment that we are improving all areas and and gardens as well as our pond with new fish and our Sushi restaurant with a all new image. New entertainment activities and our ocean front jacuzzi area are giving a whole new turn.

Please before your next return visit let me know so that I personally am able to greet you at your arrival as well as have a ping pong game with the view of the expectacular ocean front view meanwhile your family is taking advantage of a spa service.

once again , thank you and all of our staff where we work for you our guest.

Kind regards,

Contact Info 01152 322 22 61050
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are many resorts along this stretch- avoid the Belair! The hotel is old compared to all Neighboring hotels, the elevator didn't work and there were MANY bugs in our room(ants in the kitchen, ants in the bed, black bugs in our luggage!) Despite our complaints, nothing was done, so it's apparent management doesn't care much about it's paying clients. Don't stay here, there are many hotels in the same area with higher standards!!

• Stayed October 2014
Dear

In hopes that this response finds you well with your family ,we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your important comment.

First of all I appreciate coming forward with your comments and know that as soon as I was informed an imediate action took place within the areas.

I would like to let you know that our resort has a rule that a periodically fumigation is done through out all our areas , this is a weekly rule, however do to the due of ambience of huge gardens that is part of tis beautiful scene of our resort there are times that they can find their way as is the case of the tiny ants.

I hope that you give us an oportunity to show you the quality of our service and the improvements that have taken place since your last stay with us, and that according to the comments that we have received from other guest as important as you, we have been set as one of the best of the hotels in the hotel zone as well as nationally for all beach resorts in the Mexico area.

Please contact me at any moment or provide your phone number , so that we conversate and undesrtand and we have a more one and one comunication. and let you know how we can cordinate your next visit with us this ensuring a great stay.

Contact Info 01152 322 22 61050
Email gerenciageneral@belairvallarta.com
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

We have been going to this resort (it was the Playa del Sol Grand) for over 15 years (not every year) and have always enjoyed the sense of family and comfort the staff provide, with even new staff joining the comraderie. We have also stayed in quite a few other Vallarta resorts, including the massive Riu property next door, and have a very good basis to compare experiences. Recently the Playa property was bought by the Bel Air group and we wondered what would happen. We need not have worried because the same warm atmosphere prevailed and the staff was even more welcoming and helpful in every aspect of our vacation. Whether we needed food, drink, information or entertainment, the staff was cheerfully on the case. On front desk, Pancho is fabulous and has worked there so long - we might rename the place in his honour. Danny kept the pool and general entertainment lively. Elizabeth and Caroline a Gabriela shone as customer service reps, and all waiters were attentive even when you took your own food to the beach (less likely to order). No one went "looking for tips" and some, including the Bellmen, even refused the cash stating "I am doing this to make your stay more comfortable". To be clear, most workers in Mexico do not earn much regardless of the industry - so if you don't offer small tips daily, a parting offer for great service, will be appreciated. The rooms are comfortable, if not flashy. We appreciated to oven in the main part of our unit as we prefer to shop locally and cook for ourselves, and the maid service was very good. The property itself is beautiful and well maintained, with few minor exceptions - ie game court behind the "corner store" near the entrance, and a few "unraked" spots on the beach. The beach has beautiful sand which continues well into the water, unlike the stones, pebbles and rocks common on other parts of the bay, and the water warm in season. The infinity pool is the gem of the resort with a wide front overlooking the ocean and a swim-up bar and grill with great offerings. We were there when much of the tourist and local excitement had died down and, therefore,didn't have problems with deck chairs or dirty pools, but I hope the renovations and changes being started will address those concerns. The one power failure came during a large storm, which did take power from most resorts on the bay (one or two must own back-up generators - seriously expensive) and it was back in less than 1 hour. Our biggest praise, however, must be reserved for the incredible support offered by everyone WHEN WE WERE NO LONGER STAYING WITH THEM , but had shifted to the Riu for an all-inclusive finish to our holidays. One of our party had her passport disappear (in town we think - you need it to change money - so the hotel provided safe was not an option that day). While the fancy hotel was good when there was no problem, they went into denial mode when trouble hit - not writing the police-required form until the third request, and not even passing on a message from the Consulate. By contrast, Bel Air staff bent over backwards to help, especially important when we had to leave her behind owing to job and school obligations. MUCHAS, MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, not all rooms have a great view, but unless that is a concern, all rooms are com...
Dear Geoff:

I hope to share a cup of coffee to be able to hear from you the experiences that you have had with us during the past 15 years.

I hope that you and your family are well, and I truely appreciate your comments because it is our garatification to the work that with love we do, I comment that we have started with improvements in our gardens, areas and restaurants, and something that i would like to invite you in your next stay will be to visit our Spa that had been renovated with new services such as hot stone massage, pedicure and manicure as well as salon services.

We great pleasure I will make sure that the staff that you kindly mentioned in your comment is aware of such comments from yourself, I am sure they will be happy to hear this.

Note: We will work hard so that the next 15 years are even more memorable to you and your family.

Contact Information- 01152 322 222 61050
Fanwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

I stayed with my family at Bel Air for a week with my family of 6. The arrangement of the rooms for two families is very efficient with three bathrooms. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and inviting to stay day and night. The whole place is maintained clean all the time and well serviced.
The size of the whole area is so manageable from room to pool to beach, the vegetation and garden give an idea of an oasis and the infinity pool looking towards the ocean gives an illusion of continuation to the sea, gorgeous! The showers are very well located and have privacy.
The Gen. Manager, Mr. Carlos Dominguez and Staff of Bel Air went out of their way to help me when I had to stay in the hotel extra days because of an unfortunate inconvenience I experienced at Riu Pacific Hotel, next door.
My thanks to Mr. Carlos Dominguez, the General Manager, to Elizabeth Acosta, to Priscilla Organista Agosto, and others who helped me efficiently and courteously when I most needed. Even the jewerly seller who is allowed to sell in front of the hotel beach, Don Marvel Valentin Morales gave me help and comfort when I had to stay by myself at Bel Air. Thanks to Daniel, too, with his program of water and yoga excercises. I love my memories on this resort and love the ocean!

Room Tip: The higher rooms provide a wonderful look to the ocean and especially to the sunset!
Dear Ms.Ana:

It was a great pleasure having to met you and to be able to assist in every way possible that you needed during your stay because we love what we do.

We hope to have you again next year for your vacation time here at your home away from home Bel Air Vallarta, so that you contnue to experience a great stay with us.

At your arrival you will be able to notice all the changes and improvments that we have done thorugh out our resort and you will see a renovated pond with full of fish and the new decoration of our Sushi Martini restaurant and a renovation in our Spa as well as the jacuzzi VIP area.

Please Ms. Ana contact me at any time, I will be happy to help and talk to you.

Contact Phone number: 01152 322 22 61050
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

This was our third vacation at this property, previously Playa del Sol Grande. The staff provides excellent and very professional service. Special mention for Brando and Eduardo (bellhops) and Daniel (activities), as well as everyone at the concierge desk. The infinity pool is awesome, and we always travel during off-season to avoid the crowds. We rode the local bus into Old Town almost every day to visit the typical tourist spots, then escaped at night back to the quiet, peaceful sanctuary at Bel Air. Only complaint would be the limited menu at their restaurant. We prefer authentic Mexican dishes, but current "fusion"menu was disappointing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dennis:

Truely hope this response finds your family and yourself well and thank you for your comment provided.

SInce the purchurse of PDS by Bel Air we have worked constantly and hard on the improvement of our restaurant and its dishes and to day we still continue improving, where in which I would like to invite you to breakfast or dinner so that I am able to then let you know of these changes and improvements.

As a last comment, we are in the process of the maintenance of all our gardens , areas and our ocean front jacuzzi

once again thank you for your excellente comments and suggestions, and rest assure that I will let our personel know of your great comments regarding them. We hope to continue to have you as year to year guest .

Please contact me prior next stay 01152 322 22 61050
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed for two weeks in August. It was so hot, I truly thought I would pass out before we checked in. I think the only thing that saved me was the mimosa we received as we waited.
Because it was August we shared the resort with very few Tourists. From what I understand the schools were about to start again and the resort had deals for the locals.
The rooms were amazing. We were there using a family members timeshare. We had two bedrooms and a common area. The rooms were very clean and the 3 bathrooms were perfect.
Without exception every single employee we had an interaction with was friendly and spoke at least some English.
We wanted to make use of the Spa services but they seemed expensive and decided to nix the idea until the second to the last day. We received a flyer about specials at the spa. Our daughter had a massage and her toes & nails painted for about $40. She said it was the best money we spent all week.
Due to the heat we spent most of our time around the pool. We enjoyed the music and the games, it was a party atmosphere. The swim up bar was wonderful! We spent most days in the pool, at the bar and on the deck chairs. You really do have to get out there early to put your towel on a chair or you are out of luck. My husband was out there every day before 8am and always got the last few chairs available. Daniel was great as the water aerobics instructor and kept us laughing. You can order food and have it delivered to you by the pool. The service can be slow and because we did not go AI we waited for our bill but since we were on vacation it was no big deal. We had the dinner buffet once and the breakfast buffet once. The dinner was about $70USD for 3 of us but it was not worth it. The breakfast was about $14USD per person and it was much better.
Because I read a lot on this site I knew I would need to sign for everything, which was fine. Each night I kept a tally of what we signed for and when we checked out the final bill was just a few dollars off. We tipped the bell boys and maids in pesos. I think the only thing that could have made this resort better was a coffee pot in our kitchen.

Dear Cheri:

In hopes that you and your family are well. It was a pleasure having you as our guest in this your home away from home.

We value the time you took to inform of your recent stay at Bel Air Vallarta Resort. your comments and suggestions are important to us grow.

Presently our resort is in high demand and therefore in our high season can become a bit difficult to locate a chair, we also have the beach area and charis available for this same reason, please in your next stay contact me personaly via email at gerenciageneral@belairvallarta,com , I will provide a chair and the best view to be able to see our infinity pool ocean front we have from our resort.

In regards to the restaurant, we daily are improving our menu so that our guest expectations are full filled and this way our guest are satisfy, with great pleasure I would like to invite you a breakfast or dinner during your stay so this way you will be able to experience such improvements.

Once again thank you for your suggestions and comments, and please remember that in your next stay visit our great spa with speacial discounts, where you will find our improved services that we have as is our hot stone massage, manicure or pedicure or even our new make up equipment as well.

Please keep my contact information so that prior to your next arrival vacation time at our resort you contact me directly, it will be an honor to have yo once again at our resort Bel Air Vallarta Resort and Spa.

And please contact me at anytime 01152 322 22 61050

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!