We stayed for 4 nights in July 2014
Location: This is located in Nuevo Vallarta which is 30 mins and $30 by taxi from Puerto Vallarta. This can get quite expensive if you plan to go to PV often but not so bad if you stay in NV
Service: Hit or miss. We had some excellent service from Marlene, Selena and Pancho but terrible service from some of the check in staff (Antonio). On the first day, we were put in a room right next to generator of the hotel next door. We complained about the noise but were only offered 2 other rooms by Antonio with the same proximity to the generator and were told none others were available. During the next shift, Selena graciously shifted us in a much quieter room.
Food: The food was decent but not authentic Mexican. Most of the snack bar were just fried, the breakfast buffet was decent, the sushi was terrible (yup....cream cheese in every roll). We had opted for the all inclusive but ended up eating next door at Villa del Palmar and in Buserias or PV as often as possible.
Amenities: The pool was an adequate size with a swim up bar. Most of the staff were very accommodating and helpful. There is a tendency to play blasting music on the loudspeakers all day so less focus on R&R. Probably good for families.....there were loads of kids. Since we were all adults, it was less than ideal for us but could work well for families. Wi-Fi only works in the lobby so be prepared to spend time there if you want the internet .....no Wi-Fi in the rooms.
Our stay at Bel Air was passable but I will try another resort next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort