I recently stayed at the Bel Air Collection Resort from the 17th - 24th under the all-inclusive package. The hotel for one has absolutely jaw dropping views and the rooms are nice and cozy. Now, the hotel definitely caters more towards family vacation then it does younger adults, considering that the pool bar closes at 7pm and their Bar Nautico although open till 12pm, looks more like a banquet room then an actual bar. The activity's that they hold in the bar range from salsa lessons to poker nights and end around 10pm. This leaves little time for any actual dancing or partying to occur. Now my room in particular suffered from lack of AC, bad lighting, and leaking from the bathroom ceiling. Front desk was quick in responding to the AC, and Leaking but just completely forgot about the lighting and the leak that started the day after they had supposedly fixed it. FYI... Don't run the ac all day at this hotel ... your room will leak!
The hotel's staff were very accommodating however and I never felt pressured for tips or anything like previous reviewers described. They even offer a daycare service during the day to occupy the children with activities! That was cool.. Jessica is awesome. Water Polo, beach volleyball, and other games are ran through out the day to inspire mingling between the guests. I absolutely loved it and was very appreciative for it because I was able to meet so many new people. The Spa was down right amazing! Gorgeous location and extremely relaxing nothing bad to say here amazing job guys.
One thing I found that just did not make sense was the bathing suit rule. I understand it for the restaurant, but for the sushi area ... it makes 0 sense. Now the sushi restaurant is under construction right now and I am not sure when its due to open, but as of right now it is located directly in front of the Jacuzzi tubs. There are waiters just standing around "waiting" to take your order and if you try and do so you cannot because your not dressed properly. If you try and sit they will ask you to leave because your wet. If you get out of the tub it will wet the area anyway ... it didn't make sense because this area is outdoor right next to the beach. Bad Move Bel Air.
The other thing that is poorly done is the all-inclusive ... just give us wristbands. It took us; a party of 8 nearly two hours to eat every time we ordered using the menus. Having to sign for everything gets annoying as well because you often find yourself waiting an extraordinary amount of time waiting for the check. On the mornings and nights (mainly weekends) when they served the buffet we were in and out in 30 minutes flat, plus the food was much better... oddly enough. Also, please send your bartenders through some type of training, most of the drinks were flat out nasty (im talking basic drinks). Do you have some type of contract with corona and pacifico? Because more beer variety would be nice. Lastly, we are in Mexico so we would prefer Mexican food its odd that you travel so far to eat the same food I have here in Los Angeles. I was really gearing up for authentic Mexican Cuisine.
All in all we very much enjoyed the vacation! The hotel's beauty makes up for a lot of the minor details. Besides vacations are often memorable by the people you go with and experiences shared with them. Would I recommend this hotel? Definitely! Would I go back to this hotel? Probably not, but mainly because there are to many other places I want to visit in this world ....thanks guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort