“Not what they offer you at all!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Not what they offer you at all!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel facilities are nice, the room very good, but for an "all inclusive hotel" they have no idea what that concept means. The service was very poor, the snack-bar at the pool closes at 7 pm (the sun sets around 8:30) and tehn you need to go to the main restaurant for food or drink, but you need to get dressed, as you cannot enter in your swimsuit. You don't wear a bracelet inside the hotel, but you need to sign for EVERY SINGLE thing you order, even if you're inside the pool! this makes the service slower and a lot more annoying than wearing a bracelet... In general, the service is not what expected, eventhough the hotel (not much to it) is nice enough...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest:

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taking to let us know of your comments.
Regarding your recent stay at Bel Air Vallarta first of all, I would like to let you know that we are glad that you found our facilities and rooms great, and on the other hand I would like to address the following comments that you provided to us: the hours of operation of our pool bar is from 11 am to 7 pm, after this time, we welcome you at Bar Nautico from 3 pm to 12 midnight, in our restaurants there are certain rules and regulations that need to be followed for safety and health reasons of our guests, this is the reason why it’s not permitted to access with wet clothing or swimwear , in regards to the lack of bracelet usage, Bel Air has no distinction among it’s guests, this is the reason we ask for the signature in every check because we trust the power of your signature.
I do apologize that you have consider the above as poor service when in reality these resort rules are for your safety and wellbeing,
Bel Air welcomes you to visit us soon and this way you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week, the service was superb from front desk to bell boy to the awesome staff at the restaurant and pool bar. The meals were mostly ala carte and except for couple nights..Restaurant Manager who was there everynight Elario was very knowledgable on the menu and specifc dishes, and his recommendations for meals were excellant. Our bell boy Victor with smiling attitude, our maid Irma with sweet delights left on our pillow, to the hard working pool waiters Jesus and Ivan and our thanks to Heriberto for making our stay wonderful.

The only thing I would change is the coffee .... pretty weak:((

Room Tip: We were in a quite room downstairs at the back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank so much for sharing this comment, we truly appreciate it, I will forward your feeling regarding our service to all our staff, whom will be very glad to know.
I would like to let you know, that we have already changed our coffee provider to satisfy all our guests and they can enjoy it,

We hope you return soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The room we had was absolute luxury with a mouth dropping view. The location is absolute paradise. The food and service was top notch. I can hardly wait to make a return trip. This resort was not onlt beautiful with great service everything about it is a 10.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest:
We really appreciate the time you took to write us this great comment, we hope that your return is soon to your home away from home.

Please feel free by contacting me via email, it will be a great pleasure to see you again,

Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel had an excellent location on the beach in Nuevo Vallarta.
The rooms were excellent with a beautiful ocean view, 3 balconies, a full kitchen, a second smaller kitchen and 3 baths for 5 of us.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side next to the Riu Palace are quieter. We were also on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend bought me a groupon for my birthday to the Bel Air Resort in PV. I had never been to Mexico before and can definitely say I will return after our amazing trip there this past month.
With the Groupon we paid $160 a day ALL INCLUSIVE. I know all inclusive deals can sometimes be crummy, but this resort's all inclusive has changed my mind. Our deal included 3 meals a day with all you can drink. The food was amazing. The breakfast buffet was probably my favorite. Fresh fruit and juices, omlet bar, amazing pico de gallo and homemade hot sauces, as well as different meats with mole. For lunch if you opted to have it by the pool your menu choices were limited to fried food like chicken nuggets, fries, club sandwiches and burgers. However they did serve lunch at the hotel restaurant. You had the choice to order off their lunch menu or go to the buffet. We did both. I have to say the salad and veggies were extremely fresh and the way they grilled the fish was perfect - olive oil and garlic. The ceviche I ordered off the menu was also good. For dinner one night we went to the sushi restaurant they have on the resort. The sushi was average...nothing special. The other nights we were there we went off the resort into nuevo vallarta and downtown puerto vallarta to restaurants recommended by the employees at bel air.
There was tons to do around the resort - gym, pool, spa, ping pong, volleyball and soccer. They had two activities employees who were extremely friendly and made sure the pool area was always busy. There were also beach activities offered by locals such as banana boat rides, parasailing, jetskis, windsurfing, and kayaking.
As far as the accomodations, we were happy with how cool the air was in our room and the cleanliness of it every time we returned from the day at the beach.
The pool is huge and super clean. It has a nice wet bar with friendly staff who are always happy to add a little more extra tequila to your drink if you wish ;) The pool deck then leads you down to the beach where there are lounge chairs and umbrellas always available. Wait staff comes down to the beach as well so you can still get your pina coladas.
I loved the staff at Bel Air- from the front desk and bag boy employees, Fabrizio in concierges, and the pool staff everyone greeted my boyfriend and I everyday by first name and made sure we were taken care of and having a good time.
Overall this resort was more than I could have asked for. It was welcoming and homey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Resort is a smallish, more intimate hotel than others in area. I was invited by a friend who owns a timeshare here. I found it to be a bit long in the tooth as far as the property itself but the service and food was surprisingly good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

So let me start by saying that I recently returned from a 1 week stay at this resort. I will add that I am a previous owner of this resort when it was under Playa Del Sol Grand. I had not visited since 2007 and was pleasantly surprised to find that the resort is still in great shape.

When we arrived we were greeted by the bellman who collected our luggage and gave us a ticket for our luggage along with a mimosa cocktail! Nice touch. Proceeded to the check in and found that I was a bit early for check in (which I was) and was told that within the hour my room should be ready.

At this point the concierge Fabricio engaged myself and my wife with a welcome packet. We explained that we are owners at which point he told us about attending an owners meeting. We were offered a free breakfast to attend. Of course since we knew little about the change over we accepted as were were told it would be a 30 to 40 minute presentation. We agreed to attend on Monday (we arrived on Saturday). By the time Fabricio explained everything in our welcome package our room was ready (less than one hour). We went up to our room at whick point the bellman arrived shortly with our luggage.

We stayed on the fifth floor of the Haramara tower. What a GREAT unit! The main one bedroom unit had a full kitchen (only thing missing was a dishwasher) with a full bath and shower. The balcony had a new table and four chairs that looked out over the pool area and into the ocean looking right at the west side of the bay so we had spectacular vies of the sunset!

Our bedroom contained a master bed and another full batch with shower.tub/ We also had a small balcony with 2 chairs with the same views. The 2nd bedroom (lock off) was basically a studio that had two double beds, full shower/tub, a kitchenette and another small balcony! How wonderful the unit was!

The pool area is very well kept up and looked no different than it did back in 2007. The infinity pool looks right out over the ocean and has a swim up bar. Plenty of lounges and plenty of lounges and Palapa's on the beach to stay out of the sun if you wanted. They have replaced all of the lounges around the pool with new wicker furniture.

The restaurants of course are nothing to write home about, but then we already knew this and since we are owners we always hit the Walmart for supplies and do our own breakfast and lunches and dine at restaurants.

The activities people were very good, Karla did a great job during the day and also hosted a casino night and karaoke night in the bar.

Everything was well kept up and my wife even enjoyed a massage in the spa which she really enjoyed.

As for the owners meeting, what we were told was the old owners (Playa Del Sol) went bankrupt and the Bel Air bought out this resort and the one in Cabo. The presentation did start with the free buffet breakfast in the Palm Terrace restaurant. And then we moved to the Sushi restaurant for the presentation. We were told the background about the takeover and then shown a comparison between what we had been offered under the old owner and what we would be offered under the new owner. Bottom line they were asking us to CONVERT to a Bel Air contract. To do so would be a $6900.00 conversion plus a $875.00 in closing costs. The biggest perk to converting is the lock on maintenance fees. However considering the cost we spent to originally BUY - we could not justify converting. When asked what will happen if we do not convert - they could not tell us that. Don (who was making the presentation) was very nice and gave no pressure at all. We gave our reasons for not converting and also gave reasons why it would be in their favor to keep us as owners without converting (tourism is way down, and the economy in the US).

Our trip did include a day in Puerto Vallarta and it was nice to see all the changes to the town since our last visit. This reinforced just why we love Puerto Vallarta so much. It was beautiful. We also had several meals in Bucerias, which is only a 30 minute beach walk from the Bel Air. I will do reviews on these restaurants separately.

Our only complaint about the Bel Air (other than the conversion contract) was that the entire week we were there there was a ad in our elevator that offered a 2 for 1 90-minute massage in the spa. On Friday when my wife tried to book this she was told the 2 for 1 only applied to the 50 minute massage. We knew the 90 minute would cost more, and had no problem paying that but they would not honor the 2 for 1 for 90 minutes. At which point we canceled our appointment only to find the spa girls walking around the pool area looking for interested customers. Why would they not accept it? And only after I complained to the concierge desk did they finally remove the ad from the elevator saying that the ad was a mistake - a mistake that was posted for 6 days!

All in all we had a great time. If you go here, do realize that with only two restaurants and the pool side snack bar that you would be better served handling your own food in your room or at a restaurant then you will be fine.

We even witnessed a local wedding on the beach the night we arrived. This was quite an event that lasted long into the night (which did not bother us) and they even had fireworks over the ocean at midnight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest:
First of all, we are glad that you decided return and that you notice all our improvements, for us Bel Air it is very important for you, our guests, to have and enjoyable stay. Each change is always thinking towards you. We are sorry that you encountered an inconvenient with our spa in regards to the promotion,
We wish your return soon,

Roberto Diaz

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!