My boyfriend bought me a groupon for my birthday to the Bel Air Resort in PV. I had never been to Mexico before and can definitely say I will return after our amazing trip there this past month.
With the Groupon we paid $160 a day ALL INCLUSIVE. I know all inclusive deals can sometimes be crummy, but this resort's all inclusive has changed my mind. Our deal included 3 meals a day with all you can drink. The food was amazing. The breakfast buffet was probably my favorite. Fresh fruit and juices, omlet bar, amazing pico de gallo and homemade hot sauces, as well as different meats with mole. For lunch if you opted to have it by the pool your menu choices were limited to fried food like chicken nuggets, fries, club sandwiches and burgers. However they did serve lunch at the hotel restaurant. You had the choice to order off their lunch menu or go to the buffet. We did both. I have to say the salad and veggies were extremely fresh and the way they grilled the fish was perfect - olive oil and garlic. The ceviche I ordered off the menu was also good. For dinner one night we went to the sushi restaurant they have on the resort. The sushi was average...nothing special. The other nights we were there we went off the resort into nuevo vallarta and downtown puerto vallarta to restaurants recommended by the employees at bel air.
There was tons to do around the resort - gym, pool, spa, ping pong, volleyball and soccer. They had two activities employees who were extremely friendly and made sure the pool area was always busy. There were also beach activities offered by locals such as banana boat rides, parasailing, jetskis, windsurfing, and kayaking.
As far as the accomodations, we were happy with how cool the air was in our room and the cleanliness of it every time we returned from the day at the beach.
The pool is huge and super clean. It has a nice wet bar with friendly staff who are always happy to add a little more extra tequila to your drink if you wish ;) The pool deck then leads you down to the beach where there are lounge chairs and umbrellas always available. Wait staff comes down to the beach as well so you can still get your pina coladas.
I loved the staff at Bel Air- from the front desk and bag boy employees, Fabrizio in concierges, and the pool staff everyone greeted my boyfriend and I everyday by first name and made sure we were taken care of and having a good time.
Overall this resort was more than I could have asked for. It was welcoming and homey.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand
- Playa Del Sol
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.