My wife and I stayed a week at the Bel Air in the middle of April. We had a great time at this resort. I will review the amenities that I feel are important for a hotel to be enjoyable:
Staff: Never have I experienced service the likes of which was provided by the Bel Air staff. Top notch! Not once were we made to feel like we were an inconvienience, no matter our requests.For example: I wanted a salad poolside (there is a whole list of salad options in the room service menu, more on that later), however, I was told that salads aren't available for poolside dining. But instead of leaving it at that, the gentleman taking my order offered to replace the frys that came as my side with a small salad. He could have just left it at 'sorry, can't serve those here', but he didn't. He went the extra mile to help me out. Not to mention he did so without making me feel like I was asking for the moon. All of the staff shared this type of attitude. They will stop and talk, and joke and have fun with you and helpy out any way they can. Great attitudes everyone, it was very refreshing! Hint: Learn a little bit of Spanish, it goes a long way. If you mess up, they'll happily help you out without making you feel stupid.
Pool/Beach/Grounds: The pool was very nice and very refreshing. It's an infinity pool that looks over the beach and to the ocean. The pool area was kept as clean as possible; it's very windy during the day so stuff blows around. You can also play games around the pool as salsa music plays in the background. We never had a problem getting a chair by the pool or on the beach. The beach is well manicured and the water is cool and pleasant. It also sparkles in the sun! There are flecks of some type of mineral in the water (pyrite or something) that makes it look like gold sparkling on the shore. Very neat! Yes, there are some beach sales-people, but they will not harrass you after you tell them no thank-you.
They have also buit a huge koi pond in the middle of the resort. It was my favorite thing there. The ponds fish and turtle inhabitants are visible from most of the balconies and provide some calming scenery to enjoy with your morning coffee. There are also several large lizards lounging on the fronds of the palm trees, basking in the sun.
Food: When we travel, we prefer to get out of the resort and experience the local cuisine. The food we did eat on the grounds was very good. However, there are many EXCELLENT restaurants in near-by Bucerias. I highly recommend considering one of these establishments if you are looking to go 'out' for dinner. Every restaurant we ate at left us very full and very satisfied (try some pollo con mole...traditional mexican dish consisting of chicken with a chocolate-based sauce. Delicious!).
My wife and I were both impressed with the room service menu and prices. It had probably the largest selection of food for room service we have ever seen, everything from lasagna to huevos rancheros. Everything we ordered was tasty and reasonably priced.
Room: We stayed in the one-bedroom suite. The room decor is very warm with dark wood shutters and sliding doors. LED lighting strategically placed in the bedroom added a very nice effect for mood. The bed was VERY comfortable, even if we didn't get the king size we were hoping for. We had two twin beds...no big deal. The couch and chairs in the front room were worn and not very comfortable though. They could definately use some new furniture.
The kitchen in the suite was more than adequate for anything that we needed to prepare. Go to the mega-mart to pick up your staples. We bought beer, pop, water, soups, bread, munchies, aloe, etc. for the week for under 100 u.s. dollars.
The only thing that I can say was not really up to snuff was the housekeeping. The floor was constantly gritty and I found peanuts on the arm of the chair in the front room when we checked in. They also tended to show up rather early and never replenished our soap.
I would recommend the Bel Air to anyone looking for a relaxing, enjoyable vacation (familys too!). The staff and the well manicured grounds are both welcoming and make you feel like you never want to leave. We hope to return there again before too long.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand
- Playa Del Sol
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.