“Loud and unfriendly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Vernon, Canada
“Loud and unfriendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the resort for 7 sleepless nights. Our room was above machinery in the basement which banged and vibrated the entire unit all night and day. When we asked to be moved we were all but ignored and seemed to anoy the staff. There was no empathy and absolutely no effort made to try to improve our stay. Our first night at the resort my wife took a water jug off a top shelf in the kitchen cupboard. Beind the jug was a heavy drinking glass on its side. The glass rolled out and struck my wife on her right eye. She spent the entire trip with a swollen, painful and bruised eye. When it was brought to the front desks attention they made no apologies, offered nothing to her for comfort and sent us on our way as someone was behind us checking in. We avoided the resort the remainder of our trip. Unless you were purchasing or upgrading your current time share membership you were of no importance to them. We will never be back.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
First and foremost, allow me to apologize, due to the various inconveniences faced during your stay, Allow me to let you know that immediate actions, will be taken to avoid future discontents regarding to these matters; I would like to thank you for bringing me to my attention, such situations, which will help us improve our services level and provide a much higher quality service on your next visit. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you, and present you the improvements reached, due to your valuable feedback.

My email address, gerenciageneral@belairvallarta.com, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

sincerely

Laura Ramos

630 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at this resort since 2006. For the most part we have had good experiences. The first year we were there we had an ocean view but every year after it has been a partial ocean view at best. The room was decent at best - same furniture and refrig since 2006 so you can imagine it is getting run down. We had problems with the AC. It was shut down at night when you needed it to sleep. I believe the entire resort was having problems with AC after talkng with others that were staying in one of the other buildings. They supposedly knew what was wrong with the AC but declined to fix it. Multiple people told us hey had reported the AC problems also. It was that way the entire month we were there. Even if the part is expensive I would think it should be repaired.

On Valentines day, my wife and I were walking out front near the arrival area of the resort when my wife slipped on someones dropped champagne and broken glass cutting her in multiple places and seriously cutting her ankle and bruising her foot. A doctor that covers the Nuevo area was summoned immediately. She was very good and friendly. She cleaned out the wounds and bandaged my wife up. It was over a week before she was able to get around normally (without a limp). The morning after the accident a members services representative named Carlos was told of the accident and called to see if there was anything they could do for us. Prior to the accident, we had inquired if it would be possible to spend an additional couple of nights at the end of our reservation and what the cost would be. We were told there was availablity and the cost per night was be $180.00/night. I asked Carlos if the resort would be willing to adjust the cost of our 1 bedroom (for the additional 2 nights). Carlos said he would check with his manager Carolina and get back with us. The price per night seemed rather exensive for this resort. Finally after four days with no response we contacted Carlos only to be told they didn't have any 1 bedrooms available but they would have a studio available at a reduced price. This would mean packng up and checking out at 11:00 and then waiting till 4:00 to check back in. During our first 2 weeks it was obvious the resort was not even close to full capacity!! Suspecting that it would remain the same for the next couple of weeks (which it did) we contacted reservations for the resort, (which is located in Guatalajara) to see what they showed available for those 2 nights. I was told they had 1 bedrooms available but needed to book thru the resort as we were already at the property. In addition, reservations quoted the price per night at a substantially lower rate per night than we were quoted by Carlos. At this point we are both extremely frustrated. I decided to talk directly to Carolina hoping for some honesty and that didn't happen. We advised Carlos we would not be staying any additional nights. We don't understand why they LIED to us and it really has left a bad taste in our mouths.

As far as some of the other employees at Bel Air we can't say enough about them. Our maid Karla was excellent in every way. Trinidad (the bellman) has been there since our first year and he goes above and beyond all the time. We look forward to seeing him every year and he has to be considered a very valuable employee!!! Some of the other bellman that did a good job were Enriqe, Edgar, Jose and Esteven - all very helpful. Pancho at the front desk was always very helpful and friendly.

Who knows what lies ahead at Bel Air????? We don't know if we will every go back to Bel Air - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Puerto and Neuvo Vallarta!!! Lots of great places to stay but I think Bel Air resort is not a great choice anymore.......Very disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: You have no imput when it comes to room choice.....they give you what they want to.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
North Bellmore, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at the resort from March 9th through the 13th. Here is our feedback...

Arrival:
For starters, the bell boys are extremely pleasant and offered a glass of wine as they took your luggage out of the cab. Upon checking-in I did not like the room I was assigned to. It overlooked the meters and trash compactor of next door resort (Riu). Also since we arrived a little early, our room was not entirely ready and there was work being performed in the bathroom. Not sure what was the issue but we immediately went to the front desk and asked if we can upgrade to an ocean view room. After a few minutes we were assigned to another room, a studio, overlooking the pool in bldg 2...for FREE. This was great.

Staff:
In addition, even though we were asked to schedule time to discuss time share, the agent (Jose) really sold us. He was friendly as expected, but what did it was his personality. We didn't end up purchasing but he presented it in a way that you couldn't say no. Even after he continued being one of the friendly members of the resort that we encountered.

Victor is another person who went about and beyond to assist us. Even though he is a bell boy, he pointed us in the right direction and gave us advice such as for good restaurants in pv and nightlife. I appreciated being about to speak to those guys are another person or on a friendly level. Not just someone who is there to serve and accommodate us.

The Resort:
The pool and the entire surroundings was so beautiful and cozy. The is the key here...cozy. We went to the next door resort, Riu, because he had to use the atm (Bel Air's was out of order). The Riu was so big and the pool was huge. To some people that's great and all but not for me. I like being known by name and not a room number. There was just so many people around at the RIU even though they have the space for it, you couldn't really feel like you have privacy. That is was I loved about Bel Air. They remembered you by name...surprisingly; and that it is just the right size.

Area of Improvement:
Food. The food's taste was not that great. It was just okay but not great. We had an all inclusive stay so the drinks were great. Food not so great. That's my only knock on the hotel.

Overall - I would DEFINITELY stay here again mainly because of the staff, cleanliness and cozy need. Oh and its just an absolutely beautiful resort. I'm glad we found it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Allow me to express my sincere gratitude to such a beatiful feedback thank you for prefer Bel Air Vallarta Resort & Spa and to see the difference between each kind of service. for us, comments as yours give us the opportunity to continue growing and be better each day.

I will work directly with the chef to improve the food and in the future, please you.

I hope we can see you soon.

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our 5th visit staying this time as guests of owners.Nothing but problems with other guests disturbing our sleep and quiet time in the evening. Reported several times to the front desk and management with no real concern or empathy, seems this is the way things are now.
The priority is selling or upgrading their Time Share program and no doubt if you are not going along with this you will not be treated well or get a decent room. We also found the packaged food now being served at poolside to be very poor quality as well as the drinks.
In all fairness they have improved the Restaurant food and service in the mornings,
The Bel Air has always been a favorite of ours but unfortunately not anymore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear guest,

allow me to express my sicere apologize for all the inconviniences in your last stay, it is sad to know that you did not received the kind of treatment you deserved.

Let me explain you that for us all of our guests are important and we are trying to improve every detail to be better in our quality and service.

I hope you can give us the opportunity to change your mind.

Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have traveled more than a million miles with american all over the world and this has been my worst experience. We booked this hotel as part of the aavacations airline and hotel package. I am ashamed and sad to see that american airlines vacations will book us in such a terrible hotel. Called many time before arrival to understand what was included in the package and it was our understanding many times that it was "all-inclusive.
The checkin was terrible with a wait of more than one hour with no one paying attention and a drunk crowd around the front desks. We interrupted after the long wait and then they just gave us the keys.
Yes we got into the room with the terrible smell of mold and mildew and tiny. it was suffocating!!!! it was also next to the AC fans of the neighboring hotel.
Then when we went to dinner we found out that it was not all inclusive...! the room was horrible, the front desk and people are terrible and now it was not all inclusive in a remote area close to Puerto Vallarta (NOT LOCATED IN PUERTO VALLARTA).
Called aa vacations and paid for a week to stay at the lovely Marriott Casa Manga in Puerto Vallarta. As always the best place :)... Big mistake with AA vacations and Bel Air in NUEVO VALARTA not PUERTO VALLARTA. When we checked out the next day...they did not even ask why....
BTW...sure they made more money by renting out the crappy room which we had pre-paid for.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
First and foremost I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Resort & Spa Vallarta; Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations I know that for the last weekend we had some problems that made you feel unconfortable but allow me to tell you that we are working so hard to improve every detail and be better for you.

Although Bel Air Vallarta did not pleased you I would like to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and change your mind.

Best Regards,

Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been coming to the Bel Air, formerly the Playa del Sol Grand for years and it has been
enjoyable year after year. Much credit is deserved by the hotel staff. This flows through all the way from the Hotel GM, the amazing front desk staff, the maintenance and security people, the hardworking friendly and kind housekeeping and bell man staff go above and beyond expectations. The restaurants have delicious food, and wait until you see and enjoy the infinity pool, and the tropical gardens, pools, and well-kept grounds. You will feel like you are in botanical gardens and they are very relaxing! Hope you get a chance to come to this smaller boutique-type hotel.

Room Tip: Depends of how near to the pool, restaurants, Bay water view, etc. Rooms further back on are quiete...
Dear guests,

Thanks to share this beautiful comment about Bel Air Resort & Spa Vallarta, for us is so rewarding having this kind of comments and I hope you continue visiting us as each year bringing the opportunity to share more times with you.

Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed with 'owners' of Playa del Sol. They were told when they checked in that it was under new owners. The hotel insisted that they meet the next morning with a representative from the new company 'Bel Air'. First thing they were told was that they are no longer an owner of anything on the property. Quite a rude person.... Bruce. Then received a high pressure sales pitch to reinvest in order to maintain their ownership.
The main restaurant is very nice, food was very good and reasonably priced. There is a lovely outdoor patio dining area next to the beach. There is another 'Japanese' restaurant... we should have known better than to try a Japanese restaurant in Mexico. Asked for hot tea and got a tall glass of sugared ice tea. Maki (they spell it Maky) was very good and fresh,. Tempura was overcooked and not panko covered. Pretty expensive for what you get.
Not our favorite place to stay in Nuevo Vallarta

Room Tip: Can't choose a room, they are assigned
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for share your comments, for us, this kind of feedback give us the opportunity to be better each day, I´m glad to see that you found our restaurant nice and I will talk to the executive Chef about our Japanese restaurante.

we will work with the people in timeshare to be more polite with our guests

I hope you can give us another chance to serve you.

Best Regards,

Laura C. Ramos

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!