We stayed at the resort from March 9th through the 13th. Here is our feedback...
For starters, the bell boys are extremely pleasant and offered a glass of wine as they took your luggage out of the cab. Upon checking-in I did not like the room I was assigned to. It overlooked the meters and trash compactor of next door resort (Riu). Also since we arrived a little early, our room was not entirely ready and there was work being performed in the bathroom. Not sure what was the issue but we immediately went to the front desk and asked if we can upgrade to an ocean view room. After a few minutes we were assigned to another room, a studio, overlooking the pool in bldg 2...for FREE. This was great.
In addition, even though we were asked to schedule time to discuss time share, the agent (Jose) really sold us. He was friendly as expected, but what did it was his personality. We didn't end up purchasing but he presented it in a way that you couldn't say no. Even after he continued being one of the friendly members of the resort that we encountered.
Victor is another person who went about and beyond to assist us. Even though he is a bell boy, he pointed us in the right direction and gave us advice such as for good restaurants in pv and nightlife. I appreciated being about to speak to those guys are another person or on a friendly level. Not just someone who is there to serve and accommodate us.
The pool and the entire surroundings was so beautiful and cozy. The is the key here...cozy. We went to the next door resort, Riu, because he had to use the atm (Bel Air's was out of order). The Riu was so big and the pool was huge. To some people that's great and all but not for me. I like being known by name and not a room number. There was just so many people around at the RIU even though they have the space for it, you couldn't really feel like you have privacy. That is was I loved about Bel Air. They remembered you by name...surprisingly; and that it is just the right size.
Area of Improvement:
Food. The food's taste was not that great. It was just okay but not great. We had an all inclusive stay so the drinks were great. Food not so great. That's my only knock on the hotel.
Overall - I would DEFINITELY stay here again mainly because of the staff, cleanliness and cozy need. Oh and its just an absolutely beautiful resort. I'm glad we found it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort