“Lower end resort. Nice landscaping, decent food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Costero 800 Sur | Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
“Lower end resort. Nice landscaping, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Landscaping was beautiful. Do not go unless you know you have a room with a balcony. My husband and I were stuck in a lil 10x15ft room with a leaky light in the bathroom. Clean room however. Most staff were very nice. With exceptions of front desk clerk who made us sleep our first night in a stuffy room off of the "lobby" (the lobby is a pretty pathetic place). There were no available rooms for us and 3 other couples (unless you were timeshare). The sushi bar was very good. The only other restaraunt was ok- not a resort to get dressed up at. The menu offered for lunch at the pool was good if you like burgers fries sandwiches etc. amazing fresh salsa and guacamole! No nightly entertainment. I do believe this resort just switched from a full time share resort- so hopefully things will get more organized.

• Stayed February 2012
BelAirVallarta, General Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
First and foremost I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta. Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for your feedback about our work and our services, an also accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you may have in your stay. We are working to be better each day and bring you all the experience you waithing for. I hope that you can give us the opportunity to change you that bad impression you have had and let us express our commitment with you.

Sincerely

627 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Loved this little resort! We went with friends who have a time-share there and absolutely loved the laid-back atmospher. The staff is so friendly, and Trini was our special host who was one we could rely on for anything we needed. However, all the rest of the staff was also very gracious and helpful--not a disagreeable one on the grounds. They are all very trustworthy. And contrary to public opinion, we never once felt scared or threatened. It is very safe! Our condo was very clean, The pool was chillier than the ocean, but so pleasant. My husband loved the waves--however, they were a bit much for me to play in! We ate in many local restaurants, and thought they had much better food than the resort restaurant. We did the segway tour with David and loved it. We golfed at Marina Golf and the Flamingos-- probably liked the Marina best. The sunsets were fabulous, and we would certainly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing this review with us and all the kind and encouraging words about our team and our work.

Please receive our warm regards; we are looking forward to your return visit.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is our 5th year visiting this hotel and we will be back next year. The hotel is smaller than the other hotels in the area , but thats what makes it so great. The rooms are big if you get the ones with a kitchenette and other than a few utensils missing on the odd stay I really like how clean they are kept. The first day we could not get the room we wanted because of a big wedding that weekend ,but the staff were more than happy to get us a great room on Monday. I have to give credit to Poncho at the front desk for helping us out and Trinindad at reception for going out of their way to get us the room we wanted. The bar staff are also great and they made our trip fun .Guys like Vincente, Juan, Javier ,Rapheal, Pedro and Christopher all kept our drinks full and made us feel at home for our 3 week stay. These guys make the place what it is with there friendly service and great attitudes. I also have to comment on the activities people Lucio, Karla and Jessica who kept us busy each day.Listen foor thier catch phrase (goooood, rotate and love you baby) The head of activities Lucio organized volleyball for us everyday and had a few Canada versus Mexico mathches against the staff which was a lot of fun. Thats what I mean about these guys going that extra mile to make your stay fun. Lucio had about 8 of the staff drop what they were doing and play us in volleyball which you never see happen at the other hotels. Karla and Jessica the other 2 activities staff members treated us great and made us feel like family . They are friendly always smiling and always making sure we were having a good time. Like I said we have been coming here for 5 years and its people like Lucio, Karla and Jessica who make our trip fun. I can travel to different parts of Mexico with our timeshare but we choose this place because of the great staff. I hope management reads this and gives these guys the credit they deserve because they work hard and make our trip every year an experience. There is one story I have to share about one of our group losing his phone in a cab the night before we all left. We Told Trinidad at reception about the phone and he told us he would try get hold of the taxi company again and try and track it down cause we could not find it anywhere. 2 weeks go by and low and behold the phone is mailed back to us.I have yet to go on a holiday and have something like that happen. Like i said I hope management knows the value of the people working there cause they are the best and thats why we will be there next year.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk before arriving. Rooms are booked but sometimes you cant get the single or do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services.

There is nothing like knowing that our guests had wonderful and memorable time while staying with us.
Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to your next visit in Bel Air Vallarta Resort & Spa.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

First I want to say that Eduardo Martinez Jimenez was my favorite waiter and the best I have ever experienced and Daniel who usually works nights in the the dining area was a very close second to the best. Christian and Miguel were the best servers in the pool area...very fast and very attentive always...always coming back to us no matter how busy to see if we needed anything. These men are the pillars of this hotels service experience. They worked very hard to take care of us and those around us even when there were weddings with 200 plus people visiting, and they did it without complaint or the slightest sign of frustration. It was very hot and humid even at the time we were there in late October. When I was younger I worked in coffee shops across the US..mainly Starbucks..and since then I have always had to have my "Iced Vanilla Latte." I know it sounds pretentious, but it's my one addiction other than gaming, but to my dismay the hotel did not serve any type of iced coffee and with it being so humid and hot 98 degrees I told Eduardo how to make one and the next morning when I came to breakfast the first thing he brought out was my Iced latte in a large wine glass, and it was perfect. When ever it seemed as if my wife and I and her mother had been out in the sun too long, Eduardo would on his own initiative bring us shade or extra water....a very thoughtful individual. The dinning at the hotel was only during certain times...and because we were always out and about we would sometimes loose track of time and would come close to missing our meal times..and one night we missed it by 10 min or maybe more :) ...but Daniel saved the day and still let us dine and he did not even rush us out...I talk about the service first because without good service nothing else really matters. Now I see comments off to the right side of this web site about the noise issue. It is true this hotel does not have sound proofing and has tiled floors which means you can hear through the floors above and the walls next to you. With that said this resort did not attract the party goers that seemed to stay in the hotels surrounding us. It was nearly always quite by 10pm except Fri and Sat when the wedding groups would come to visit which it was usually around midnight before it began to get quite. When people go to these resorts they should understand that people go there to have fun...if you want to sleep in early before festivities end then I suggest you register a room far away from the pool area. It was more quiet at this hotel than any of those that surrounded us. This resort seemed to attract an older clientele, so if your wanting a college party type crowd then this is not the one for you. They have created a small village feel with little brooks and bridges and stone passage ways. The lighting at night was also romantic and well designed. The food was amazing and in great variety. The security is top notch..they know who and what is going in and out...and have there own registered taxi drivers to safely take you out to town. Make sure you bring a nylon shirt to the pool if you like to wear one like me they do not permit cotton types. The rooms are really clean and the tubs in the rooms are great for soaking in. The massages, para sailing , banana rides, volleyball and jet skiing on the beach was all a good time. Everyone seems go out swimming early in the morning and later in the evening its almost ritual to go into the infinity pool and to the bar on the side get a beer or you favorite wine then move over to the edge of the pool and watch the sun set once again into the Pacific ocean only to be followed up with an open night sky and where stars abound without end. I enjoyed many a night floating on my back in the pool just looking up at the clear moon...not hearing anything but the inhale and exhale of my body...pure peace...then I would take long walks with my wife on the beach after the pool closed...the sound of the waves crashing and then the feeling of warm water rushing softly over our feet..truly was a beautiful place to remember...

Room Tip: get a room away from the pool where the activities are.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Please allow me to express my gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments; it’s my sincere pleasure to learn from your review that our team filled your vacation with care and memories.

We all are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Bel Air Vallarta Resort & Spa

Regards
montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Yes, it was hot and yes, the humidity was more than I liked...but when it's 22 degrees at home , the sun and surf calls. Another great stay at the Bel Air. The waves were cracking and snapping, the pool was cool and refreshing and the sun was shining. If the music blasting at the pool annoys you, get a cabana where the hot tubs are located to read and nap...
Cabs to Bucerias and a different restaurant every night. Help from Trinidad and Fabricio deciding places to eat and play golf . Oh, the decisions ! Nice, clean rooms every day- thanks to Rosalba. Cleaning went on all day and half the night there it seemed. There are still many things that have to fixed, sheer curtains on the windows aren't going to fix the silly wooden blinds that fall off the track, or the sliding doors that you have to muscle open. New pillows, comforters and thermopedic toppers make the rock hard beds comfortable. The AC is good and cold and the water in the shower is HOT, hot, hot !

I hope the new owners will continue to repair and maintain, but I'm wondering how many more pesos they will spend. The pool towels are getting faded and shabby, the new cabana cushions worn and stained. The railing over the bridge still loose , the hidabed sofa uncomfortable to sit on ( didn't have to sleep on it) and the expensive WIFI not the best ( didn't have to do business) At least we had a coffee pot this time, even though it was a little tiny one.

I have never seen so many available chairs around the pool, fewer senior citizens from the US. The economy is taking it's toll there too. Or is it the all-inclusive nobody likes? Being an every other year timeshare owner, I'm glad we weren't locked into having to eat there, it's expensive and not good. Go to Mega and get groceries. There were many more Mexican families enjoying vacation time, I wonder if they taking advantage of the online special prices that are much cheaper than our bi-annual usage fees. Another reason NOT TO BUY A TIMESHARE.

Then there was the wedding on Saturday nite...nice to see the families, but the music-oh, my! Loud until after midnight...we were in the 2nd tower, so had the full effect. If you don't want to put up with this, ask for rooms in the building back of and by the office, as weddings are what they are resorting to. Take earplugs- Don't let this stop you from enjoying the rest of your stay at a nice location on a nice beach. They are trying to please you, but times are tough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comment about our work and our services; our goal is the continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to the comments like yours.

Thank you for your review and we are looking forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is older and in need of a remodeling. The pool has potential but is missing tiles all over and has a swim up bar that is missing a whole corner slab of material. The rooms are decent and clean but the doors are cheap and hollow so they don't provide any sound dampening from the echoing hallways. The kitchens are small but well stocked with dishes and silverware. There are tiny ant like things all over the counters and I assume everything else. The shutters don't close 100% which was an issue not only for letting in the sun right away every morning but also because at night I felt like people could just be watching me do stuff into room because I was on the ground floor. Also the swim up bar along with all life around this hotel closes and clears out at 6pm sharp. (Sunset isn't until around 6:30 right now). Everything wrong with the appearance of this hotel is only amplified by the beautiful resorts on either side of it. The restaurant is also put to shame by the restaurants on either side of it. I suggest stay here if its cheap and go next door for activities and food.

• Stayed December 2012
First and foremost I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Vallarta Resort & Spa. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.

Allow me to tell you that we are working hard to give a better look to the hotel, and also making what is necesary to offer the best quality in service. I hope that you can give us another opportunity to assist you and change your mind about us.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Worst experience, the staff is so rude and unhelpful it is shocking. They had a wedding party and the band was so loud it caused windows to rattle, pictures to fall, and when I called to ask about it I was told, "LIVE WITH IT, RELAX LADY THEY ARE ONLY PLAYING FOR 30 MORE MINUTES" they did not even TRY and be nice and I simply called to ask how much longer they were going to be playing. 3 HOURS LATER AT 2:30 am they were STILL at it, kids were awake, we were awake, it was UNBELIEVABLE ... the next day the General Manager was no better and basically told me if I didn't like it LEAVE ... so we did ... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ... DON'T STAY HERE YOU YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!!!!

Room Tip: choose an entriely different resort and place to stay, the staff, service and entire place sucks
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BelAirVallarta, General Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest:
It is sad to read that you didn`t have a good experience at our hotel.
Please be so kind to contact me directly to my e-mail address because I would like more information about your stay.

gerenciageneral@belairvallarta.com

Best Regards

Anwar Sanchez

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!