Yes, it was hot and yes, the humidity was more than I liked...but when it's 22 degrees at home , the sun and surf calls. Another great stay at the Bel Air. The waves were cracking and snapping, the pool was cool and refreshing and the sun was shining. If the music blasting at the pool annoys you, get a cabana where the hot tubs are located to read and nap...
Cabs to Bucerias and a different restaurant every night. Help from Trinidad and Fabricio deciding places to eat and play golf . Oh, the decisions ! Nice, clean rooms every day- thanks to Rosalba. Cleaning went on all day and half the night there it seemed. There are still many things that have to fixed, sheer curtains on the windows aren't going to fix the silly wooden blinds that fall off the track, or the sliding doors that you have to muscle open. New pillows, comforters and thermopedic toppers make the rock hard beds comfortable. The AC is good and cold and the water in the shower is HOT, hot, hot !
I hope the new owners will continue to repair and maintain, but I'm wondering how many more pesos they will spend. The pool towels are getting faded and shabby, the new cabana cushions worn and stained. The railing over the bridge still loose , the hidabed sofa uncomfortable to sit on ( didn't have to sleep on it) and the expensive WIFI not the best ( didn't have to do business) At least we had a coffee pot this time, even though it was a little tiny one.
I have never seen so many available chairs around the pool, fewer senior citizens from the US. The economy is taking it's toll there too. Or is it the all-inclusive nobody likes? Being an every other year timeshare owner, I'm glad we weren't locked into having to eat there, it's expensive and not good. Go to Mega and get groceries. There were many more Mexican families enjoying vacation time, I wonder if they taking advantage of the online special prices that are much cheaper than our bi-annual usage fees. Another reason NOT TO BUY A TIMESHARE.
Then there was the wedding on Saturday nite...nice to see the families, but the music-oh, my! Loud until after midnight...we were in the 2nd tower, so had the full effect. If you don't want to put up with this, ask for rooms in the building back of and by the office, as weddings are what they are resorting to. Take earplugs- Don't let this stop you from enjoying the rest of your stay at a nice location on a nice beach. They are trying to please you, but times are tough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta is a recently opened resort in the dazzling beach of Playa Flamingos of Nuevo Vallarta, as part of the exclusively HIP Collection, Highly Individualized Properties in design and services of Bel Air Collection Resorts & Spas. With the details to make your stay a memorable one, Bel Air Delights. The signature amenities that make us so different, Bel Air Hallmarks. An the services and life experience that make up your holiday, Bel Air Experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort